Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madonna's Little Girl Grows Up

Mr. Imperfect! Field Marshal sheikh's Avatar

Default Madonna's Little Girl Grows Up

Mama Madonna

In September 1994, Madonna met fitness trainer Carlos Leon in New York City's Central Park. The two became lovers, and on Oct. 14, 1996, Lourdes Maria Ciccone Leon was born. Even at a young age, the pop diva trained her daughter to become a future fashionista. In December 1999, the Material Mom and her then 3-year-old daughter were photographed arriving at a Versace fashion show in New York City.

Kaise Mujhe Tum Mil Gayee Ho
    Kismat Pe Naa Aaaye Yakeen....

Daddy's Girl

A 2-year-old Lola -- as her parents have always called her -- steps out with her father and an unidentified companion in 1998 in New York City. "It's hard for me to be the tough guy with my daughter," Carlos Leon told People in 2008. "Maybe I should work on the discipline stuff, but I could leave her mother to do that!"

Big Sister

Madonna and English filmmaker Guy Ritchie (who tied the knot in Scotland in Dec. 2000) made Lola a big sister with the birth of son Rocco on Aug. 11, 2000. Lourdes has always taken her older sibling duties seriously, like when she looked after her brother in his stroller -- even with a nanny present -- in April 2001.

Flower Girl

The 2003 MTV Music Video Awards are most well-known for the kiss between Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and Madonna. What few remember is that Lourdes, then 7, dressed as a flower girl, tossed flower petals on the stage at the beginning of the performance. Madonna insisted that Lourdes didn't witness the steamy smooch and that "as soon as she got off stage, she was whisked away in a car and went home. So she doesn't know anything."

Wild About 'Harry'

Like many girls her age, Lourdes was once a fan of Harry Potter. Unlike most girls, a 9-year-old Lourdes, along with her mom, was attended the London premiere of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in 2005.

Hanging with the A-List

Talk about none-too-shabby company! A 10-year-old Lourdes schmoozes with a high-wattage crowd -- including Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise and Rosie O'Donnell -- at an event hosted by her mom to benefit the singer's nonprofit organization Raising Malawi and UNICEF at the United Nations in New York City in February 2007. In October 2006, Madonna began proceedings to adopt 1-year-old David from the African nation.

Family Night

Lola steps out with stepfather Guy Ritchie and brother Rocco at the London premiere of Fred Claus in November 2007. Rumors about Madonna's marital troubles swirled in 2008 and the singer filed for divorce in December 2008. But according to reports, Lola has played a hand in keeping their relationship civil.

Following in Mom's Footsteps

Looking quite grown up, a 12-year-old Lourdes strolls on the Upper West Side of Manhattan in June 2008. Lola registered for acting lessons at Manhattan's Professional Children’s School, a drama school famous for training stars including Macaulay Culkin, Scarlett Johansson and Sarah Jessica Parker.

Spiritual Side

A devotee of Kabbalah, a form of Jewish mysticism, Madonna has made sure that her children are versed in the religion as well. In October 2008, Lourdes leaves a Kabbalah center in New York City with her mom and brothers Rocco and David.

Working Together

As Madonna went through the process of adopting her second child from Malawi, 3-year-old Mercy James, she also spent some time touring the country with Lourdes. On March 30, 2009, Madge and Lourdes visited Namitete Secondary School, a visit set up through her Raising Malawi foundation.

The Write Stuff

On June 29, 2010, Lourdes hit two milestones: She became a blogger and decided to go by the name Lola. The 13-year-old (pictured here with her mom in April 2010) began blogging for the MaterialGirlCollection.com, the website all about her fashion line with her mom. "Helluuur thurrrr, I'm Lola and this is my first blog entry so it's kind of like ummmm....," she wrote in her first entry. Lola/Lourdes then went on to explain that she can't wait to turn 14 because "I am FINALLY allowed to dye my hair... THANK YOU MOTHER!!" Looks like we'll see a budding mini-Material Girl soon!

Hitting the Books

It was hard to believe that '80s wild child Madonna was the mother of a teenager, but on Sept. 9, 2010, 14-year-old Lourdes officially became a high school student. While Lourdes (pictured that month) wasn't your average freshman at New York City's LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts, the pop star's daughter -- who wore "ankle-high leather boots, a black skirt and a plaid sleeveless shirt over a white T-shirt" on her first day, the New York Daily News reported -- also chatted with friends and clutched her cell phone. Sounds like a teenager to us!

Their 'Material' World

On Sept. 22, 2010, Madonna and Lourdes celebrated the launch of their Material Girl fashion line in New York City. And the trend-setting singer gives her daughter all the credit for the style collection aimed at younger women. "Lola did most of the work," Madonna told People. "I just kind of hung out in the background and went, 'That's nice,' but she pretty much did all of the work. I was just overseeing it." By the sound of it, Madonna did anything but baby her teenaged daughter when they were working on the line and even told Billboard, "I see her more as a creative person, as an artist and less as my daughter as we are working, and then every once and a while I remembered she is my daughter."

Fashionistas' Night Out

Like glam mother, like glam daughter! Madge and Lourdes step out in style at the
    Vanity Fair
    Oscar party on Feb. 27. "I always have two reactions when Lola comes into my room with an outfit on: One is, 'Oh my God, she looks amazing, what incredible style.' And then my second reaction is, 'She's dressed completely inappropriately for school,'"
    she told People
    about monitoring her daughter's clothing choices. "I usually tell her to take off her 3-inch or 6-inch platforms and pull her skirt down just a little bit and take off some of the black eye makeup. She does have amazing style, but I am the typical mother, where I say, 'Oh my God, you can't go to school dressed like that!' "

A Beautiful Mind

A true businesswoman-in-the-making, Lourdes didn't let her busy school schedule get in the way of expanding the Material Girl line into the world of beauty. How involved was she in the creation of this line? "There were like 100 million samples and some made me want to vomit, but the ones my mom and I thought were the best, I think are nice and women would wear," the young entrepreneur (at the launch party in New York City) told Stylelist. Material Girl Beauty debuted on Aug. 2 and the collection includes body lotion, body mist, body wash, eye palettes, lip gloss and nail polish.