Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Famous People vs. the Actors Who Played Them

Mr. Imperfect! Field Marshal sheikh's Avatar

30. Schindler's List (1993) Liam Neeson as Oskar Shindler ( an ethnic German industrialist born in Moravia. He is credited with saving over 1,100 Jews during the Holocaust by employing them in his enamelware and ammunitions factories, which were located in what is now Poland and the Czech Republic respectively.)

Wherever You Are I'll Find You..Cause You're The One I Turn To
    Wherever You Be I'll Be With You..Cause You're The One My Heart Is Yo..I need you..

31. Valkyrie (2008) Tom Cruise as Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg ( a German army officer and Catholic aristocrat who was one of the leading members of the failed 20 July plot of 1944 to assassinate Adolf Hitler and remove the Nazi Party from power.)

Wherever You Be I'll Be With You..Cause You're The One My Heart Is Yo..I need you..

32. Control (2007) Sam Riley as Ian Curtis (songwriter, lyricist, singer and occasional guitarist of the English post-punk band Joy Division)

33. Sid & Nancy (1986) Gary Oldman as Sid Vicious (an English musician best known as the bassist of the influential punk rock group Sex Pistols)

34. Malcolm X (1992) Denzel Washington as Malcolm X (an African-American Muslim minister, public speaker, and human rights activist. To his admirers, he was a courageous advocate for the rights of African Americans, a man who indicted white America in the harshest terms for its crimes against black Americans. His detractors accused him of preaching racism, black supremacy, antisemitism, and violence. He has been called one of the greatest and most influential African Americans in history.)

35. Bronson (2008) Tom Hardy as Charles Bronson / Michael Peterson ( a British criminal often referred to in the British press as the "most violent prisoner in Britain")

36. Frost/Nixon (2008) Frank Langella as Richard Nixon [the 37th President of the United States (1969–74), having formerly been the 36th Vice President of the United States (1953–61)]

Michael Sheen as David Frost (a British journalist, comedian, writer and media personality, best known for his serious interviews with various political figures, the most notable being Richard Nixon)

37. Walk the Line (2005) Joaquin Phoenix as John R. "Johnny" Cash ( an American singer-songwriter, actor,and author,who has been called one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century)

38. Cinderella Man (2005) Russell Crowe as Jim Braddock ( an Irish American boxer who held the world heavyweight championship from 1935 to 1937)

39. Blow (2001) Johnny Depp as George Jung (a major player in the cocaine trade in the United States in the 1970s and early 1980s. Jung was a part of the Medellín Cartel which was responsible for up to 85 percent of the cocaine smuggled into the United States.He specialized in the smuggling of cocaine from Colombia on a large scale)

40. Public Enemies (2009) Johnny Depp as John Dillinger ( an American gangster and bank-robber in the Depression-era United States. He was charged, but never convicted, with the murder of an East Chicago police officer. Although this was the only kill that is documented to have been by Dillinger's hand, during his bank heists a dozen victims — prison officers, police, federal agents, gangsters and civilians — were killed. His gang robbed two dozen banks and four police stations. Dillinger escaped from jail twice)

41. Into the Wild (2007) Emile Hirsch as Chris McCandless (an American itinerant who adopted the name Alexander Supertramp and hiked into the Alaskan wilderness with little food and equipment, hoping to live a period of solitude. Almost four months later, McCandless' remains were found, weighing only 67 pounds (30 kg; 4 st 11 lb), he died of starvation near lake wentitika Denali National Park and Preserve)

42. Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus (2006) Nicole Kidman as Diane Arbus ( an American photographer and writer noted for black-and-white square photographs of "deviant and marginal people (dwarfs, giants, transvestites, nudists, circus performers) or of people whose normality seems ugly or surreal.")

43. The Hours (2002) Nicole Kidman as Virginia Woolf ( an English author, essayist, publisher, and writer of short stories, regarded as one of the foremost modernist literary figures of the twentieth century)

44. The Life and Death of Peter Sellers (2004) Geoffrey Rush as Peter Sellers (a British comedian and actor)