Thread: BlackBerry OS 7 powered Bold 9900 fails to charge up: Complain users

SB ICON Major General

Default BlackBerry OS 7 powered Bold 9900 fails to charge up: Complain users

BlackBerry OS 7 powered Bold 9900 fails to charge up: Complain users

RIM confirms customer complaints that BlackBerry Bold 9900 and BlackBerry 9930 smartphones fail to power up even after a night of charging

SB ICON Major General

BlackBerry Bold 9900 and BlackBerry 9930 smartphone users are reporting a issue with their devices. According to some of them the devices failed to power up even after being left at the charging docks all night. Confirming the reports RIM, issued a statement stating that limited number of customers have reported an issue where their device does not power on.

The RIM spokesperson further stated that the the company is “actively working on a software update to resolve this issue.” According to BGR at this moment “there is no word on how many devices are failing, but there seems to be quite a few of them as the company’s support board is filling up with complaints.”

BlackBerry Bold 9900 and BlackBerry 9930 were launched earlier in May and were the first two smartphones to be powered by the Blackberry 7 operating system.

According to Mike Lazaridis, President and Co-CEO, Research In Motion the new BlackBerry Bold smartphones were “inspired by millions of customers around the world who wanted the ultimate combination of performance, functionality and style.”

What makes the two smartphones exciting are their Liquid Graphics touchscreen and the new Blackberry OS 7 treatment. The sleek and stylish devices bear close resemblance to each other in terms of specs. Some of the similarities include 10.5mm thickness, 1.2 GHz processors, new Liquid Graphics Touchscreens and 4G HSPA+ mobile networks. Both the smartphones are also NFC ( Near Field Communication) enabled.
    In India, Blackberry Bold 9900 occupies a popular spot among business users. The smartphone sports a 2.8-inch VGA capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 640 x 480 and 287ppi. It comes integrated with a impressive 5 mega-pixel camera, 8GB onboard memory with additional 32GB, bringing powerful functionality to the BB users.
    The other smartphone Blackberry 9930 is yet to hit the Indian markets. First announced at the BlackBerry World 2011, Blackberry 9930 is powered by a 1.2 Ghz Qualcomm 8655 Snapdragon processor coupled with 768 MB RAM. The device comes equipped with a onboard memory of 8 GB which can be expanded to 32 GB. The Bold 9930 also sports a powerful 5-megapixels rear camera, APIs and support for HD video.

We are hoping the issue is resolved soon, but till then don’t set the “wake up” alarm on your Bold 9900.

I think BB is fading out.
    I was once huge fan of BB with my Pearl 8100 working fine using since 4 years.
    I was in love with BB so much that I got BB 9300 Curve, this crashed my love and now I starting hating BB.
    BB is going on the way of Imate once popular smartphone manufacturer but today nobody even know where they are.