Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Depression after losing my wife

  1. #1
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Default Depression after losing my wife

    hello,

    I am same guy whose wife commited suicide.i just want to share my feelings.i see now a very big changes in my life.before my wife death i always excited,crazy not too serious,never believed in religions,i believe in science only.playing games ,watching Movies.etc....Now i am totaly different.i always think physic, doing meditation, going temple and sit there for 0.30 hrs alone.reading lot of physcology books I.E OSHO,segmend frued,etc.i am now thinking about life philosophys all the time.i am not serious in office.i go regular to my office but only for some reason.i forget all friends or i am not intrest to meet them.i always want to live alone.i only finish my office work because i want to go home early to see my cute son. i can't able to think about myself.allways i talk with my dead wife only but never get reply haa....i know she reply but i am not sure ha ha.... ok. love to sleep always because now i love dreams and understanding also. you know why......my wife get alive.......... i still stuck with something i can't able to take new decision.some say's whn you get re-marriage again you forget all things now it is passed 10 month.After 7th month i stopped crying & thinking stupid things.and decided to start new life.but can't....... i know time will heal me.but i can't

    A small story i want share with you, after 3 month i got sleeping problem due to dream about dead wife and one night i decided to no sleep today.and i checked my Laptop for unwatched movie i seen i have not seen inception and i am never heared about inception movie and decided to watch that movie.after watching this movie .i am surprises and after that i love dreaming and now i get good sleep.

    i just want to ask you all is this fear of loss,sign of depression or i am trying to communicate my dead wife

    i know its dificult to undersand what i want to say you but hope you can undersatand.

    i believe now life is illusion........

  2. #2
    Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    61,027
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    I'm really sorry to hear about your loss and do understand the terrible grief that you are suffering. Listen, you know, the mind will play tricks on you. this is its way of trying to deal with the sadness and the loss. its not something that one gets over easily, so these phases will happen.
    if you feel that you are not being able to deal with the terrible loss, there's really no harm is getting some counselling for dealing with it. Some mild tranquilizers may be recommended by the doctor to help you sleep and rest. so do think about consulting a doctor to help you get your body and mind together. yes, meditation and spiritual practices also help.

  3. #3
    :: The Zenith :: Lieutenant-Colonel
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,818
    Rep Power
    87

    Default

    Yes I remember u shared ur wife's loss with us sometime back and I am sorry for that again.. Well u know this is life, this is God's wish.. At times may ask God 'why me?' but have u ever thought 'why others and not me?'.
    Anyways ur feelings are a bit different from that. U say u have learnt to live with your wife's memories and I am happy about that. Yes she is listening to you! She even communicates to you but u cant hear it, u just have to imbibe it. She has even left a beautiful souvenir in the form of ur son. Take good care of him.

  4. #4
    Bigg Boss Specialist ;) Colonel shivani2121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    õñ þlåñê† Èår†h
    Posts
    17,579
    Rep Power
    98

    Default

    U r grieving for ur wife... and u'll always remember her and dream of her.. Accept it and move on in life...
    If u feel spiritual ,religious ,,go for it ,,,,u will finally wake up one day and look forward to life... thats how life is
    Accept all the changes ..do not resist anything .go with the flow because u have to heal urself..

    Most Important fact--- u have a small son who is dependent on u ,,,and u r his everything ...ur his mother and father ...
    dont take that away from him ... live for him and live through him .
    I feel Alive ... Its Awesome

  5. #5
    ♡♥£☋¢Ǩ¥ ★☆★ ☾ћi¢Ҝ¥♥♡ Field Marshal sens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    ★♥»★«♥★
    Posts
    103,294
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    hiii!!!!


    the cahnges you had in your life are great,... going to temple.. meditating all the give peace of mind.

    but problem lies in over doing anything., You have a life ahead of you. You cannot just meditate & lead ur life.
    Life is proper of balancing act of love,romance,illusions, meditation & work.


    Movies are all illusions.. they are all made for entertainment & they are imaginary. trying to talk to your dead wife & thinking about it is unhealthy for ur mental peace. Dead people are in different world.. theyw ill never come back. you ahve to live with it. the only thing you can do for dead is think about them for 2 minutes & pray that their sins are forgiven.

    also if ur wife is watching you, she will not be happy seeing u sad. if u try communicating with her.. u will end up visiting some fake baba who will loot you using ur sentiments. so please get real.. get practical.

    Your mourning time is up. enough of it. You have to take care of yourself. Find yourself a good natured caring wife.Wife who is ready to treat your son like her own..

    try for widow or poor family virtuous woman.

    get married & start a new life. take interest in REAL life.

    good luck.
    Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you and if you are alive they crave for your company.

  6. #6
    SB Wizard Major PARYANS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Thane
    Posts
    4,138
    Rep Power
    84

    Default

    Concentrate in your working n set a target there...diverting your thoughts is the best way to get out of depression.....rest time will heal ur wounds.......stop taking life seriously .......take it as it comes.....

  7. #7
    SB Guru Lieutenant-Colonel
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,007
    Rep Power
    92

    Default

    Hi

    What you have gone through after the death of your wife...is what any normal person will go through....Grief is a normal emotion we experience at our loss...You lost someone very dear and near one...someone with whom you have shared some very special moments of your life...and yet if you have been reading life's philosophy you understand that what comes in this world..goes too and that's what keeps the circle of life.. We can't leave this world with the dead....hence continue to make effort to get over the loss and keep on living.........You have a son and now you are the only stable factor in his life....Pull yourself together and make a serious effort to get on with your life for his sake atleast.....


  8. #8
    SB Addict mysticmantra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kalinga
    Posts
    786
    Rep Power
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    hello,

    I am same guy whose wife commited suicide.i just want to share my feelings.i see now a very big changes in my life.before my wife death i always excited,crazy not too serious,never believed in religions,i believe in science only.playing games ,watching Movies.etc....Now i am totaly different.i always think physic, doing meditation, going temple and sit there for 0.30 hrs alone.reading lot of physcology books I.E OSHO,segmend frued,etc.i am now thinking about life philosophys all the time.i am not serious in office.i go regular to my office but only for some reason.i forget all friends or i am not intrest to meet them.i always want to live alone.i only finish my office work because i want to go home early to see my cute son. i can't able to think about myself.allways i talk with my dead wife only but never get reply haa....i know she reply but i am not sure ha ha.... ok. love to sleep always because now i love dreams and understanding also. you know why......my wife get alive.......... i still stuck with something i can't able to take new decision.some say's whn you get re-marriage again you forget all things now it is passed 10 month.After 7th month i stopped crying & thinking stupid things.and decided to start new life.but can't....... i know time will heal me.but i can't

    A small story i want share with you, after 3 month i got sleeping problem due to dream about dead wife and one night i decided to no sleep today.and i checked my Laptop for unwatched movie i seen i have not seen inception and i am never heared about inception movie and decided to watch that movie.after watching this movie .i am surprises and after that i love dreaming and now i get good sleep.

    i just want to ask you all is this fear of loss,sign of depression or i am trying to communicate my dead wife

    i know its dificult to undersand what i want to say you but hope you can undersatand.

    i believe now life is illusion........
    I am very sorry to hear that. It seems that you loved your wife so much. Reading your story reminded me a movie which I regularly watch PS: I Love You or you can read the novel of same by Cecilia Ahern. Its true life is an illusion, when we are bound by relation or Maaya, we feel all strings are attached but when we move out of Maaya, we feel no strings are attached and that is real happiness according to Bhagwat Gita. The best thing you have come out of depression very well and become a sensible person. I had a lot of depression simultaneously from my personal and professional life. Even attempted suicide once but my conscience told me you have lot to offer to this world. Then I became spiritual and dedicated some time to my hobbies which I desperately wanted to pursue and now became a better person. You are a nice man and u have a good soon to look on. God might have stored something good for you. Have a nice day...

  9. #9
    Young Gun tehPAiN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    305
    Rep Power
    64

    Default

    buy a pet, pets can help u relieve ur depression

    and u will surely feel better,

  10. #10
    «╬♥ßÁÐ ßŐŶ Őℱ Śß♥╬« Major RS777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tiger`s Den
    Posts
    5,002
    Rep Power
    94

    Default

    Y seriously need psychiatrist or else condition could be worst
    I Am Free Of All Prejudice. I Hate Everyone Equally.

  11. #11
    Young Gun
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    498
    Rep Power
    82

    Default

    I am very sorry for your loss friend losing your better half is far worse then losing your own life.I would suggest that you continue going to the temple because when all else fails God does not,.pray to him that your life straightens out and please talk to your friends and relatives if possible take your son when you go to meet them this will help you. And if you are still young which I presume you are please try and get married not for your sake but for the child's sake because no matter how good we men are at being parents a child's life is incomplete without a mother.

  12. #12

    Default

    i agree with you, you can communicate with your wife .... Something is there which we can understand inherently......

  13. #13
    SB Champion Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,139
    Rep Power
    88

    Default

    I am so sorry to hear about your wife... and i also understand that you are suffering a lot. Well like maam said the mind will play tricks on you. It will give you something and will take something away from you. I also see that you want to start your life again and that is a good sign. I believe that you will need some counseling because of the loss you had. Also, the good thing is that you are praying to GOD because you know GOD exists. Maybe doing some Yoga will help you and give you peace. Also you may want to do some extra activties with friends and your lovely son to keep your mind off your wife. I really don't think that you are trying to communicate with your dead wife, it is just because you really loved your wife and you are still in grief. Take care and God Bless.

  14. #14
    ✿♥ mesmerized♥✿ Lieutenant-Colonel imeggz_leoness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ✿Dil Waalon Ki Dilli✿
    Posts
    7,309
    Rep Power
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by complete_man View Post
    Yes I remember u shared ur wife's loss with us sometime back and I am sorry for that again.. Well u know this is life, this is God's wish.. At times may ask God 'why me?' but have u ever thought 'why others and not me?'.
    Anyways ur feelings are a bit different from that. U say u have learnt to live with your wife's memories and I am happy about that. Yes she is listening to you! She even communicates to you but u cant hear it, u just have to imbibe it. She has even left a beautiful souvenir in the form of ur son. Take good care of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preeto Maam View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear about your loss and do understand the terrible grief that you are suffering. Listen, you know, the mind will play tricks on you. this is its way of trying to deal with the sadness and the loss. its not something that one gets over easily, so these phases will happen.
    if you feel that you are not being able to deal with the terrible loss, there's really no harm is getting some counselling for dealing with it. Some mild tranquilizers may be recommended by the doctor to help you sleep and rest. so do think about consulting a doctor to help you get your body and mind together. yes, meditation and spiritual practices also help.



    Got new samsung galaxy grand 2 on my wedding ani.

  15. #15
    SB Legend Brigadier General
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    in.center.of.TALIBAN
    Posts
    22,326
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    so sad dear .......................

Similar Threads

  1. 7 Little Known Causes of Depression
    By rishabhd in forum Chit Chat Corner
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 19-08-2011, 11:17 PM
  2. Losing inches, but not losing pounds!
    By Unregistered in forum Ask Preeto / Agony Aunt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 07:42 AM
  3. Going in to depression.........
    By Unregistered in forum Ask Preeto / Agony Aunt
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 20-01-2010, 11:41 PM
  4. Kajol Losing Weight To Become Shahrukh’s Wife
    By gors1 in forum Bollywood Celebrities
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 10:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •