Thread: 'It was touch and go... I'm lucky to be alive': Emotional George Michael

♥ek haseena thi♥ Field Marshal basanti<<<'s Avatar

Default 'It was touch and go... I'm lucky to be alive': Emotional George Michael

George Michael has issued a statement about his health today, reassuring fans he is on the road to recovery and thanking the hospital who treated him for saving his life.
    The 48-year-old singer, who had been in Austria being treated for pneumonia, admitted he was still feeling weak following the illness, and said it had been 'touch and go' whether he would survive.Michael, who wore a scarf and sunglasses as he spoke to the press outside his home in Highgate, thanked everyone for their support.
    Thank you bala

Thank you bala

Asked how he was feeling,

Michael - who was supported throughout his ordeal by his boyfriend Fadi Fawaz, ex-partner Kenny Goss and 75-year-old father Kyriacos Panayiotou and older sisters Melanie and Yioda - said: 'I feel amazing. I mean, I'm very weak but I feel amazing.
    'I got streptagotta-something - it was a form of pneumonia and they basically spent three weeks keeping me alive.I don't want to take you through all of it because some of it I want to protect my family from, but it was by far the worst month of my life.

Thank you bala

'The fact I've been so lucky and the fact that I still have plenty to live for - I have this amazing, amazing life and if I wasn't spiritual enough before the last 4 or 5 weeks then I certainly am now.'Michael also revealed he had had tracheotomy, a procedure which involves making an incision in the trachea to open up the airways, during his time at the AKH clinic in Vienna, Austria.He said:'I'd say it was touch and go for a couple of weeks. We played it down because I didn't want to worry my fans too much - I'm sorry I couldn't contact them before now but I wasn't in any state to do so.'

Thank you bala