Thread: Top Headlines of the Year!

SB MahaGuru Colonel

Cool Top Headlines of the Year!

2011 was a huge year for celebs,
    and we were just as shocked as you were to find out about some of this news!

Here are picks for the top ten headlines of 2011:

SB MahaGuru Colonel

10. Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher Split

Demi Moore and husband Ashton Kutcher have called it quits, her rep confirms.

“It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have decided to end my six-year marriage to Ashton. As a woman, a mother and a wife there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life,” the 49-year-old actress said in a statement.
    “This is a trying time for me and my family, and so I would ask for the same compassion and privacy that you would give to anyone going through a similar situation,” Demi added.
    News of the couple’s split comes just a few weeks after a 22-year-old woman claimed she had an affair with Ashton, 33, on his sixth wedding anniversary.

SB MahaGuru Colonel

9. Hilary Duff and Mike Comrie announce they’re expecting a baby

Hilary Duff is expecting her first child with her hockey player hubby Mike Comrie

“Hello everyone! This weekend, Mike and I are celebrating our 1 year anniversary! In memory of the special day, we decided to post some of our favorite pictures from our wedding! I can’t believe it has already been a year, time really flies when you’re having fun! We also want to share the exciting news that BABY MAKES THREE!!! We are extremely happy and ready to start this new chapter of our lives. Thanks to everyone for the continued love and support throughout the years!” the 23-year-old entertainer wrote on her official website.
    Earlier this month, Hilary shared that she and Mike, 30, definitely wanted to have kids but were planning to wait a little bit longer since she was thinking about making a new album.

SB MahaGuru Colonel

8. Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz tie the knot in secret

Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz have tied the knot, their reps confirm!

The couple got married in a very small ceremony in New York state on Wednesday (June 22), according to the Daily Mail. The only guests in attendance were Daniel’s daughter Ella, 18, and Rachel’s son Henry, 5, as well as two family friends who acted as witnesses.
    Daniel and Rachel star together in the upcoming film Dream House, which they filmed late last year.
    Daniel and his fiancee Satsuki Mitchell split last year after five years together.
    Rachel and her longtime partner Darren Aronofsky split last year after nine years together.

SB MahaGuru Colonel

7. Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony split

Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony have called it quits after seven years of marriage.

“We have decided to end our marriage. This was a very difficult decision. We have come to an amicable conclusion on all matters,” they said in a joint statement.
    “It is a painful time for all involved and we appreciate the respect of our privacy at this time,” they added.

Jennifer, 41, and Marc, 42, wed in June 2004 and have two children together, 3-year-old twins Max and Emme.
    People was the first to report the news.

SB MahaGuru Colonel

6. Steve Jobs dies at 56

Steve Jobs, the former CEO of Apple, has passed away. He was 56.

“Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple,” the company said in a statement on its website.
    Steve had resigned from his position back in August. He received a liver transplant for pancreatic cancer in 2009.
    Steve is survived by his wife Laurene and his four children.

SB MahaGuru Colonel

5. Arnold Schwarzenegger admits he fathered a child out of wedlock

Arnold Schwarzenegger admitted that he fathered a child with a longtime member of his household staff over a decade ago (before his first run for office).
    “After leaving the governor’s office I told my wife [Maria Shriver] about this event, which occurred over a decade ago,” Arnold told the Los Angeles Times. “I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused. I have apologized to Maria, my children and my family. I am truly sorry.”
    “I ask that the media respect my wife and children through this extremely difficult time,” the statement continued. “While I deserve your attention and criticism, my family does not. ”
    Maria, 55, announced her split from Arnold, 63, earlier this month after nearly 25 years of marriage. They have four children together, Katherine, Christina, Patrick, and Christopher.

SB MahaGuru Colonel

4. Beyonce announces her first pregnancy with hubby Jay-Z

It’s official: Beyonce is expecting her first child with hubby Jay-Z!
    The 29-year-old entertainer made the announcement by showing off her tiny baby bump when she hit the carpet at the 2011 MTV VMAs on Sunday (August 28) at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles.
    Beyonce, wearing a bright orange Lanvin gown, also told photographers, “I have a surprise for you!” before holding her belly.
    Bey’s rep also confirmed the happy news.

Beyonce and Jay-Z tied the knot in April 2008.
    Congrats to the parents-to-be!!!
    FYI: Beyonce is wearing Rene Caovilla ivory platform heels with Swarovski crystal and pearl details.

SB MahaGuru Colonel

3. Kim Kardashian files for divorce from Kris Humphries

Kim Kardashian has filed for divorce from Kris Humphries after 72 days of marriage.

TMZ reports that Kim cited irreconcilable differences for the reason for the split in papers dated Monday (October 31).
    Before they married, Kim and Kris signed a prenuptial agreement so that their respective assets would be protected in the case of a split.
    Kim and Kris married on August 20 in front of 440 guests at a private estate in Montecito, Calif. The celebration was televised in an E! special.

SB MahaGuru Colonel

2. Prince William and Kate Middleton tie the knot

Prince William and his beaming bride Kate Middleton pose for their official wedding photo in the Throne Room at Buckingham Palace on Friday (April 29) in London, England.
    The royal couple, who wed 30th April, at Westminster Abbey, released three different pics - one by themselves, another with their four bridesmaids and two pages, and a large one with both sides of their families.

Alexander McQueen creative director Sarah Burton gushed it was “the experience of a lifetime” to work with Kate, 29, on her wedding dress.
    Catherine looked absolutely stunning today, and the team at Alexander McQueen are very proud of what we have created … I personally am very grateful and honoured to have been given the opportunity to work on this project, and I wish THR The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge every good wish for the future,” she said in a statement on Friday.
    FYI: You can order The Royal Wedding - The Official Album, which is a live recording of the ceremony, on iTunes and Amazon.com!

SB MahaGuru Colonel

1. Amy Winehouse passes away at 27

Amy Winehouse has been found dead in her London apartment, according to multiple reports.

The Grammy-winning British singer, who battled substance abuse throughout the years and most recently checked into rehab in May, was found Saturday (July 23) in her flat, according to Sky News. She was 27.
    A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed to the BBC that “a 27-year-old woman had died in Camden and that the cause of death was as yet unexplained.”

U.K.’s Daily Mail reports that Amy had been seen with her goddaughter, Dionne Bromfield, earlier in the week as the teen performed during the iTunes festival.
    Monte and Avery Lipman, President and CEO, Co-President of Universal Republic Records, respectively, said this in a statement : “We are deeply saddened at the sudden loss of such a gifted musician, artist and performer. Our prayers go out to Amy’s family, friends and fans at this difficult time.”