Thread: 11 Hollywood Couples Still Going Strong

Mr. Imperfect! Field Marshal sheikh's Avatar

Default 11 Hollywood Couples Still Going Strong

I Still Heart You! Snakkle Celebrates Love with 11 Hollywood’s Couples Together Ten Years or More!

True love in Hollywood can seem like a wet newspaper in the rain. You get the general idea of what it means, but you worry that sooner or later, it’s going to go swishing down the gutter into a storm drain. Be still our cynical hearts! For there are many residents of LaLa Land who still put the true in true love. Just in time for Valentine’s Day, here are 11 Hollywood couples still going strong.

Kaise Mujhe Tum Mil Gayee Ho
    Kismat Pe Naa Aaaye Yakeen....

Will Ferrell and Viveca Paulin in 2001—Together Since 1995

Will Ferrell and Viveca Paulin—Today
    Funnyman Will Ferrell met Swedish actress Viveca Paulin in acting class in 1995. But did he learn anything about romance? Apparently not, when it come to marriage proposals. As he joked to People Magazine in 2008, “I took [Viveca] to an undisclosed location, blindfolded her, put her in the trunk of a car and said, ‘Do you want to marry me?’ She goes, ‘No.” But after several years and “10,000 letters he wrote while in prison,” Paulin agreed to marry him in 2000. Three sons later, Ferrell has applied his attentions to parenting, offering up key bits of advice such as “don’t let your children play in abandoned refrigerators.” We won’t, Will!

Jada Pinkett-Smith and Will Smith—Today
    The parents of rising stars Jaden and Willow Smith have recently weathered rumors of trouble. But the Smiths want to make their marriage work. Whenever a high-profile Hollywood couple splits up, Will claims that he and Jada will go talk to the couple. As he told reporters in 2007, “With Bruce and Demi, we spent hours talking to them. And Tom and Nicole, hours, just trying to understand what happened.” But Smith is determined to get it right with Jada. As the Fresh Prince continued, “I don’t let a day go past that Jada doesn’t feel like the Queen of the World.”

Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne—Today
    Sharon Arden met a young, feisty Ozzy Osbourne because her father, Don Arden, was managing Black Sabbath. But when Ozzy was fired from the band in 1979—too much bat biting?—Sharon became his manager. The two married in 1982, embarking on three children, drugs, mutual beatings, and even an attempted murder charge on Ozzy. But in 1998, Ozzy sobered up and the couple renewed their marital commitment. A reality hit and several TV appearances later, the Osbournes are still going strong.

Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones—Today
    Danny DeVito did Michael Douglas a solid when he introduced his former roommate to actress Catherine Zeta-Jones at the Deauville Film Festival in France in 1998. Douglas was reportedly already smitten with the Welsh beauty when he saw her in the 1998 film, The Legend of Zorro. The pair married on November 18, 2000, at the Plaza Hotel in New York City. As Zeta-Jones describes their first meeting, Douglas told her “I’d like to father your children.” He did – son Dylan was born in 2000, daughter Carys was born in 2003.

Martin and Janet Sheen—Today
    When Ramon Estevez married art student Janet Templeton on December 23, 1961, the couple was like any normal couple. When Estevez took the stage name Martin Sheen and went on to become a successful actor, his marriage became the stuff of Hollywood legend. The devout Roman Catholic and his wife have taken their marital vows seriously, clocking in a 50-year marriage and four children. In case you’re wondering—yes, that’s as many as 253 Kim Kardashian marriages in a row.

David and Victoria Beckham—Today
    This mega-watt celebrity couple loves the limelight, so it’s no surprise they met through fame. As David Beckham wrote in his 2004 autobiography, “My wife picked me out of a soccer sticker book. And I chose her off the telly … It felt straight away like we’d always been meant to be together.” The couple began dating in 1997 and was engaged in 1998. They married on July 4, 1999, at an Irish castle with their infant son Brooklyn serving as ring bearer. The couple, who went on to have three more children, requested shopping vouchers in lieu of traditional gifts.

Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman—Today
    What happens when funny marries funny? You get a funny story of how they met. DeVito and Perlman, who married in 1982 and have three children together, first met when Pearlman saw DeVito in an off-Broadway play. DeVito, naturally, was playing a demented stable boy. Later, he brought Perlman home to show her a home movie he’d made about his roommate, a giant cockroach. DeVito’s other roommate at the time? Half of another one of our Snakkle couples, Michael Douglas.

Chris Rock and Malaak Compton-Rock—Today
    Chris Rock may talk a big game on the downfalls of marriage, but the funnyman and his wife have remained one of Hollywood’s most devoted. Rock married Malaak Compton in 1996 after meeting her at a New York City awards show. Two daughters later, Rock is living a happy marital life. As he told Ebony in 1997, “She’s really calmed me down and centered my life.” If this is a mellow Chris, we don’t want to know a Chris without Malaak.

Bette Midler and Martin von Haselberg—Today
    When the Divine Miss M found her man, she wasn’t going to let a mere thing like time slow her down. Midler married performance artist and opening act Martin von Haselberg on December 16, 1984, a mere six weeks after first meeting him. Daughter Sophie was born in 1986. But don’t assume that Midler’s bombastic stage presence means she takes center stage in her marriage. As she said in 2009, “I actually have to say my husband is the glue that keeps our marriage and this home together.”

Annette Bening and Warren Beatty—Today

In 1991, Annette Bening met dashing, man-about-Hollywood Warren Beatty on the set of their gangster drama, Bugsy. A year later, the perennial bachelor married the American beauty. Some 20 years and four kids later, what’s the secret to their success? Perhaps it’s a bit of privacy. As Bening has revealed, “When Warren and I were first together and I was pregnant, we would get followed around by photographers. But it was nothing like what celebrities have to endure these days.” One thing we know for sure—theses kids are all right.