Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Android Smartphones Under Rs. 15,000/- In India

Mr. Imperfect! Field Marshal sheikh's Avatar

Default Latest Android Smartphones Under Rs. 15,000/- In India

Not everyone can purchase a high-end Android powered smartphone, the good news is that the sub-15,000 segment has some really good devices on sale. This is a roundup of all the Android powered devices available in India which are priced between 10,000 and 15,000.

Wherever You Are I'll Find You..Cause You're The One I Turn To
    Wherever You Be I'll Be With You..Cause You're The One My Heart Is Yo..I need you..

Samsung Galaxy Ace/S5830: Froyo, Android 2.2, HVGA screen

For now, LG Optimus P500 rests comfortably as the best mid-range Froyo phone, but will soon get competition from a recently leaked device that's shaping up to be a scaled down version of the Galaxy S.
    According to distant reports, the S5830 has an 800 MHz processor, 5-megapixel camera with LED flash, a 3.5-inch HVGA (480 x 320 pixels) screen, and runs Android 2.2, Froyo. The Galaxy Ace is expected to debut at MWC in February this year.

The phone doesn't have a front-facing camera, a feature that seems to be absent on all Android phones. Hopefully the Samsung Galaxy S2, rumoured to be running a dual-core processor and Android 2.3 Gingerbread has one. We'll know by MWC next month. Specs and Pics after the break.

Update: The Galaxy Ace is on Flipkart at Rs. 14,990. Via Techknots

Samsung Galaxy Cooper S5830
    • Network
    - HSDPA 7.2Mbps 900/2100
    - EDGE/GPRS 850/ 900/1800/1900
    - Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, BT 2.1, DLNA

• Dimension
    - 59.9x112.4x11.5mm (113g)

• Display
    - 3.5” 320x480 HVGA 16M TFT

• OS
    - Android 2.2 (Froyo)

• Android Market / Samsung Apps
    - Various Applications Downloadable

• Social Hub
    - Integrates SNS, Email, IM and Calendar Accounts
    - Integrated Calendar (Google/Facebook/Outlook)

• TouchWiz 3.0 UX
    - Horizontal UI, Lock Screen
    - Preview/Edit, Camera Preview
    - Screen Rotation Lock, Search in Browser

• Processor
    - 800MHz Processor (MSM7227-1 Turbo)

• Battery (Standard) Li-ion, 1,350mAh

• Camera
    - 5.0 MP AF / LED Flash

• Video
    - MPEG4, H.263, H.264
    -Recording/ Playback : QVGA@20fps / WVGA@30fps

• Music
    - 3.5mm Ear Jack & Speaker
    - MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, RA

• FM Radio (RDS)

• Memory
    - 150MB + 2GB microSD (up to 32GB)

• Android Browser
    - RSS reader
    • Multi-touch zoom

• Integrated E-mail
    - Gmail
    - MS Exchange ActiveSync

• GPS
    - A-GPS

• LBS
    - Google MapsTM, Latitude, Places
    - Google MapsTM Navigation(Beta)

• Additional Features
    - Swype
    - ThinkFree(Document viewing & editing)
    - AllShare

Wherever You Be I'll Be With You..Cause You're The One My Heart Is Yo..I need you..

LG brings the Optimus Net to India, introduces Dual SIM option

While there has been no official announcement about this smartphone, the Optimus Net from LG has sneaked its way into the Indian market. The LG Optimus Net is an affordable Android smartphone from the company and it is tagged at 9,999 INR. It is soon expected to hit retail stores while online retailer Flipkart will start shipping it in a few days.

Regarding the specifications, it runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread and is powered by an 800MHz processor. The Optimus Net has a 3.2-inch display, 3 megapixel rear camera, WiFi, Bluetooth, expandable memory up to 32GB using microSD card and a 1500 mAH battery. This certainly seems like a good entry-level Android in the market and the HTC Explorer may be one of its biggest competitors, while the Motorola Fire and Fire XT may also give it some challenge.

Update: LG has also launched a Dual SIM version of this phone known as the LG Optimus Net Dual P698. It supports dual standby and is priced at Rs. 10,499.

LG Optimus Hub available in India, priced 13,000 INR

A new LG smartphone has made it to the Indian market and although there has been no official announcement this device is now available for purchase with online retailer Letsbuy. This of course is an Android-based smartphone in the affordable category which is priced at 12,990 INR.

The device was announced back in September and it runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread, sports a 3.5-inch TFT display, 5 megapixel rear camera and it is powered by a 800 MHz processor. It surely looks like a decent smartphone, but more LG smartphones are incoming as the LG Optimus Sol and the LG Optimus Net are currently available for pre-order with Letsbuy.

Motorola Fire XT now available in India

Once again, there has been no official announcement from the manufacturer but yet another Motorola device has made its way into the Indian market. This is the Motorola Fire XT and unlike the Motorola Fire it does not include a physical QWERTY keypad.

To be more specific, this is the Motorola Fire XT531 which is powered by an 800 MHz processor and runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread. It has a 3.5-inch HVGA display, 5 megapixel rear camera and a secondary front-facing VGA camera. With all the other features which are usually included on an entry-level Android Gingerbread smartphone this device is priced at 12,990 INR and is available with Flipkart.

HTC Explorer Rs 11,650

HTC has announced the Android Gingerbread touting Explorer that is scheduled to launch during the last quarter of this year for Rs. 11,650. The Explorer has a 3.2-inch capacitive touch-screen with native resolution of 320 x 480 pixels and approximate pixel density of 180ppi. At the heart of the device is a 600MHz Scorpion CPU and Adreno 200 GPU on Qualcomm’s MSM7227 chipset.

The phone will have 384MB of system memory and 90MB of internal storage space that can be cranked up to 32GB via a microSD card. The Explorer can connect to GPRS, EDGE and 3G networks of wireless carriers, in addition to Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n support for connection to WLAN.

HTC ChaCha

The much anticipated Facebook phone from the Taiwanese manufacturer has finally launched in India. Like the previously launched HTC Salsa, HTC ChaCha is designed to appeal to social network fans.

This is an Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread device which is powered by an 800MHz processor. HTC has priced ChaCha at 15,990 INR. The device features a dedicated Facebook button which allows users to instantly update their status, upload a photo or a video or simply check what their friends are doing.

HTC Salsa has a 2.6-inch touchscreen display, 5 megapixel camera with autofocus and LED flash, 3G, WiFi, A-GPS and Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity. The device supports 32GB of expandable memory via microSD card.

Tata DOCOMO users will be able to reap some extra juice from the device as the operator has announced that all its 3G customers will get 3GB of data and 3 hours of mobile TV free with this device, and it would be valid for the first three months. 2G users will also get 3GB of data but along with 300 free minutes on their network, for the same amount of time.

Hands-On Review with HTC Wildfire S

The Wildfire S is the Taiwanese smartphone manufacturers' latest affordable Android smartphone, an upgrade to the previous HTC Wildfire. While physically, the smartphone itself is not much different from its predecessor it has a few new updates which make it an interesting option for those looking for a sub-25K INR Android smartphone. Here is a hands-on review of this HTC smartphone.

Following the success of the original Wildfire, HTC released the Wildfire S, which sports a 3.2-inch HVGA Gorilla Glass display and a 600 MHz processor. The device is pretty impressive and brings the latest version of Android at a very affordable price, although it comes with a bunch of limitations.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini ST15i available for Rs. 13,000

The latest new affordable Android from Sony Ericsson is available in the Indian market at a price of Rs. 13,000. Originally announced back in May, it is powered by a 1GHz Qualcomm processor and runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread.

The Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini ST15i sports a 3-inch display, 5 megapixel camera with autofocus, LED flash and 720p HD video recording. Connectivity includes 3D, WiFi, DLNA, aGPS and Bluetooth with A2DP. It includes a 1200 mAh battery which the company claims provides 4 hours of talktime and 340 hours of standby.

Pros:

Slide out QWERTY keyboard.
    Fast 1Ghz processor.
    Great 5 MP camera and LED Flash.
    720p HD video recording.
    Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
    Sony Ericsson Timescape UI.
    Display with Mobile Bravia Engine.
    Fairly loud and clear loud speaker.
    Fair amount of internal storage - 400MB.
    Aggressively priced.

Cons:

Small screen size - 3-inch.

The Bottom Line

Fantastic device for the price. Completely kills any competition in the 15k price bracket. If you're looking for a mid-range smartphone, this is your sole perfect choice!

Sony Ericsson announces 'Live with Walkman' smartphone, apparently that is its name!

Here comes another Sony Ericsson Android smartphone under its Walkman line-up. The company previously released the W8 Walkman and now they have announced the upcoming, ‘Live with Walkman’ series. Yes, we do feel the name is extremely unpleasant.

Live with Walkman, is an Android Gingerbread smartphone featuring a dedicated Walkman hardware button that takes you to the music player. In the customized music player there is an Infinite button which enables you to access new content from your favorite artists including music videos, artist information and lyrics.

In regards to its specifications, the device sports a 3.2-inch capacitive touchscreen display, has a 5 megapixel rear camera with autofocus, VGA front-facing camera and it is powered by a 1 GHz processor. The smartphone also includes the Sony xLOUD engine audio filter technology, which delivers improved sound output. The pricing is unknown, but the smartphone will be available across the world in Q4 2011.

Hum Banarasi.......... Colonel Ankhi_sena_mun's Avatar

mods decision: any insult to female members will be ignored as the person doing this is somebody known to the mods
    I PROTEST

Thanks for the info. But what about the other brands? Aren't there any?

Greatest Ghonchu Lieutenant General crazy_fog's Avatar

Good share................

Away from God, away from happiness.

Banned Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by sheikh View Post

Hands-On Review with HTC Wildfire S

The Wildfire S is the Taiwanese smartphone manufacturers' latest affordable Android smartphone, an upgrade to the previous HTC Wildfire. While physically, the smartphone itself is not much different from its predecessor it has a few new updates which make it an interesting option for those looking for a sub-25K INR Android smartphone. Here is a hands-on review of this HTC smartphone.

Following the success of the original Wildfire, HTC released the Wildfire S, which sports a 3.2-inch HVGA Gorilla Glass display and a 600 MHz processor. The device is pretty impressive and brings the latest version of Android at a very affordable price, although it comes with a bunch of limitations.

Final decision is on this one.

Wildfire S.

What say sheikhoooooooo?