Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can he lead India? Narendra Modi on Times cover page

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ♥ek haseena thi♥ Field Marshal basanti<<<'s Avatar

Default Can he lead India? Narendra Modi on Times cover page

Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi figures on the cover of the forthcoming issue of Time magazine which praises him in an article for development of the state he has been ruling for over a decade but wonders if he can become the Prime Minister.

Thank you bala

♥ek haseena thi♥ Field Marshal basanti<<<'s Avatar

NEW DELHI: Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi figures on the cover of the forthcoming issue of Time magazine which praises him in an article for development of the state he has been ruling for over a decade but wonders if he can become the Prime Minister.

The cover of the Time magazine's March 26 issue features Modi, with the caption: "Modi means business but can he lead India".

In an article titled "Boy from the backyard", in the forthcoming edition, the US magazines describes Modi as a "controversial, ambitious and shrewd politician". It also mentions his series of day-long Sadbhavana fasts to reach out to the people of the state.

"It's Modi in makeover mode: an act of self-purification, humility and bridge building in a state that is still traumatised by the Hindu-led anti-Muslim massacres of 10 years ago and the flawed investigations in their wake...," the article says.

The Time magazine article says Modi is a firm, "no-nonsense leader" who can steer India out of a "mire of chronic corruption and inefficiency".

Thank you bala

HALLA BOL Field Marshal amitsush's Avatar

PM banne ke liye allies ka saath chorna padega BJP ko, BJP ko try karna chahiye ek baar election time modi ko PM candidate announce karke , luck aajmaane mein kya jaata
    I WILL LOOK FOR U
    I WILL FIND U AND
    I WILL BAN U

Yes ! Mr. Narendra Modi can be the Prime Minister of India someday & Why not…??? He should be.
    If many other non-competitive people under some other tag can dictate their terms in center then what’s the problem with Mr. Modi ? He is far far better than those.

The only hurdle Mr. Modi is facing or would face that his supportive numbers in Lok Sabha.
    In India’s democracy it's all about numbers. 5 donkeys facing East & having the support (??) of 5
    other donkeys facing West are more powerful than 9 united horses facing one direction.
    Last edited by Amarmahra; 17-03-2012 at 03:57 PM.

SB Guru Major

Quote Originally Posted by Amarmahra View Post
    Yes ! Mr. Narendra Modi can be the Prime Minister of India someday & Why not…??? He should be.
    If many other non-competitive people under some other tag can dictate their terms in center then what’s the problem with Mr. Modi ? He is far far better than those.

The only hurdle Mr. Modi is facing or would face that his supportive numbers in Lok Sabha.
    In India’s democracy it's all about numbers. 5 donkeys facing East & having the support (??) of 5
    other donkeys facing West are more powerful than 9 united horses facing one direction.

He is most eligible persons to be PM of India. He can lead India successfully.
    Whether Modi will be PM or India? Its difficult. Its tragecy of our democracy that person like Devgouda can become PM, but Modi can't become.

..Yaar Patialavi.. Colonel a_decent_1's Avatar

Modi would not be a bad option. Considering that BJP does not have a Lot of influential people who can be nominated for the post of Prime Minister. He would however have to make sure that he improves him policies slightly and becomes a little more secular.

I can still remember him not wearing a Muslim cap, when offered. I mean, a Prime Minister must be open to all Religions. You do not need to really believe in all Religions, just respect them. Wearing a Muslim Cap would have not made him a lesser Hindu in anyway.

If he can get a few things right, then why not..

G'day
    My Personality depends on who I am.My Attitude depends on who you are.
    a_decent_1™ ©®

Banned Colonel

Khoob paisa diya hoga modi ne...
    Quote Originally Posted by basanti<<< View Post
    NEW DELHI: Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi figures on the cover of the forthcoming issue of Time magazine which praises him in an article for development of the state he has been ruling for over a decade but wonders if he can become the Prime Minister.

The cover of the Time magazine's March 26 issue features Modi, with the caption: "Modi means business but can he lead India".

In an article titled "Boy from the backyard", in the forthcoming edition, the US magazines describes Modi as a "controversial, ambitious and shrewd politician". It also mentions his series of day-long Sadbhavana fasts to reach out to the people of the state.

"It's Modi in makeover mode: an act of self-purification, humility and bridge building in a state that is still traumatised by the Hindu-led anti-Muslim massacres of 10 years ago and the flawed investigations in their wake...," the article says.

The Time magazine article says Modi is a firm, "no-nonsense leader" who can steer India out of a "mire of chronic corruption and inefficiency".

the text above itself is in Comic sans MS shows how big a joke this topic is, basanti making fun of MODI, nobody noticed but me

reppz error !

The politics of sloganeering a bureaucracy is very different from the politics of changing the country!

Newton defined NET DISPLACEMENT as work done. I'm sure everyone has witnessed the stream of events in the recent past.

Stop bashing the opposite parities candidate in order to promote yours!

i would like to think this way...is my candidate so pathetic that i need to bash others to increase his worth?

Banned Colonel

It is not about how pathetic the candidate is, rather, its this way..

This is the way it goes all over, if one has to win over the other, alongside projecting good intentions, will also project the opposite candidate's negative points, ths has worked time and again for anyone who is involved in active politics.

Quote Originally Posted by dipanjanc01 View Post
    The politics of sloganeering a bureaucracy is very different from the politics of changing the country!

Newton defined NET DISPLACEMENT as work done. I'm sure everyone has witnessed the stream of events in the recent past.

Stop bashing the opposite parities candidate in order to promote yours!

i would like to think this way...is my candidate so pathetic that i need to bash others to increase his worth?

Banned Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Amarmahra View Post
    Dear friend,

I won't debate that Why doesn't Mr. modi appear you a PM material ? It's not the question of Mr. Modi's eligibility (in an individual's eyes) towards Prime Minister-ship but the question of entire Indian leader-ship about their sincerity & loyalty towards India as a nation & as the History of India is witness to that in long past as well as in recent past, there were non-competitive people (As Roger quoted) & not only living people but the
    belongings of people ( Ram Chandra ji's Charan-Paduka) ruled this nation.....not only ruled but accepted gracefully by masses.

Only a political willingness in top leader-ship is required.....that's all.
    POLITICAL WILLINGNESS EVERYONE HAS BUT THE POINT IS values, less on being a one country does not favor modi.

Mostly for the simple reason that he is a Bjp candidate. now what bjp stands for is communal violence, pramod mutalik who won't remember?

Sex crazy sex driven mministers , topping it yeddy,teddy.

Milkman halappa, the names are endless.

Quote Originally Posted by hotfuntalk View Post
    POLITICAL WILLINGNESS EVERYONE HAS BUT THE POINT IS values, less on being a one country does not favor modi.

Mostly for the simple reason that he is a Bjp candidate. now what bjp stands for is communal violence, pramod mutalik who won't remember?

Sex crazy sex driven mministers , topping it yeddy,teddy.

Milkman halappa, the names are endless.
    Here I agree with you ..Sir. The list would be endless. As you quoted the names of one particular party, some-other would add the names of some-other particular party like Mr. Suresh Kalmadi, Mr. A Raja. Mr. Sharat Pawar, Late Mr. Rajiv Gandhi, Mr. Kwatrochi, & would quote Bhanwari devi case.....& on & on & on but with that the discussion would march forward on a side lane. Here we’re neither talking about either about congress or BJP or someother political party nor about communal scenario of India when he becomes Prime Minister. Please be focused on the main discussion…. The point is that “Can Mr. Modi lead India ever ?” looking at his abilities as an administrator I say yes…. You say no…… some other would either say yes or no. In future if more numbers of “Yes’ would be there in Indian leader-ship ….. He would be a Prime Minister of India & if….in case “NO” are more there in numbers.....he won’t. To see the right perceptive.....Please see my quote about numbers in Indian democracy in one of my previous replies in this thread.

Banned Lieutenant-Colonel

Modi is a man of substance, a self made man. His performance speaks for him unlike yuvraj who is incapable of even thinking for himself. Comparing him to Rahul is like comparing Apple and Oranges. Congress is persistently trying to defame him by pulling up decade old stuff. They The congress did a much worse thing in 84, which they never even mention. Even the muslims in Gujarat acknowledge the Modi's achievements. Given the right opportunity, Modi might turn out to produce a PM which we never had. But for that to happen, they need to create the right circumstances. BJP needs to curb their nefarious activities in the states where they hold power & curb this mining issues. Else, Congress would use it as a weapon against them when the time is right. BJP needs to do a lot of introspection & settle it out the issue of candidature.

Modi has the courage and commitment to solve the Kashmir problem. In the present day scenario, he fits the profile of the leader who has the ability to provide an effective solution to Terrorism. We all know why Terrorists are scared to do anything in Gujarat.

So, Let there be a national debate, where Rahul meets Modi face to face, like the way it happens in a lot of western countries. But congress would never let it happen, because they know the battle would be over for them even before it started.

New Born

No change in policy denying visa to Modi: US

WASHINGTON/NEW DELHI: The US has said there is no change in its policy to deny visa to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
    "Our position on the visa issue hasn't changed at all," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters at her daily news conference yesterday.
    Last edited by basanti<<<; 02-05-2012 at 02:12 PM. Reason: link

Banned Lieutenant-Colonel

मोदी को बीजेपी का नेता इसलिए बनाना है कि:-

1- मोदी सभी गरम दल और ब्लैकमेल न होने वालों जैसे डॉ. सुब्रमण्यम स्वामी आदि को साथ लेकर हिंदुत्व को मजबूत कर सकें और 2014 में भारत के पीएम बन सकें.

2- बीजेपी में से बिके हुए नेताओं को बीजेपी से बाहर का मार्ग दिखा सकें.

3- बीजेपी में निष्ठावान नेताओं को अपना कार्य करने का अवसर दे पाए.

4- बीजेपी को सच्ची राष्ट्रवादी पार्टी बना पायें.

5- हिन्दुओं में आत्मविश्वास जगा पायें.

6- विकास के पैसे की लूट बंद किया जा सके.

7- विद्युत के लिए सोलर ऊर्जा प्लांट लगा सकें और घर-घर 24 घंटे विद्युत आ सके.

8- आतंकवादियों को एकदम सहन ना किया जाये.

9- भारत की प्रतिष्ठा विदेशों में बढ़े और भारत की धाक जमे.

10- कोई देश भारत को आँख न दिखाए.

11- भारत में ही रोजगार उत्पन्न करने के उपायों को अपनाया जाये.

12- भारत से मदिरा, गाय का वध, वेश्यालय सब असामाजिक वस्तुएं बंद करवाई जा सकें और गाय को बचाकर किसान को बचाया जा सके.

Banned Colonel

Can he lead, yes.. Into more communal disputes.