Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can he lead India? Narendra Modi on Times cover page

♥ek haseena thi♥ Field Marshal basanti<<<'s Avatar

Default Can he lead India? Narendra Modi on Times cover page

Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi figures on the cover of the forthcoming issue of Time magazine which praises him in an article for development of the state he has been ruling for over a decade but wonders if he can become the Prime Minister.

Thank you bala

♥ek haseena thi♥ Field Marshal basanti<<<'s Avatar

NEW DELHI: Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi figures on the cover of the forthcoming issue of Time magazine which praises him in an article for development of the state he has been ruling for over a decade but wonders if he can become the Prime Minister.

The cover of the Time magazine's March 26 issue features Modi, with the caption: "Modi means business but can he lead India".

In an article titled "Boy from the backyard", in the forthcoming edition, the US magazines describes Modi as a "controversial, ambitious and shrewd politician". It also mentions his series of day-long Sadbhavana fasts to reach out to the people of the state.

"It's Modi in makeover mode: an act of self-purification, humility and bridge building in a state that is still traumatised by the Hindu-led anti-Muslim massacres of 10 years ago and the flawed investigations in their wake...," the article says.

The Time magazine article says Modi is a firm, "no-nonsense leader" who can steer India out of a "mire of chronic corruption and inefficiency".

Thank you bala

HALLA BOL Field Marshal amitsush's Avatar

PM banne ke liye allies ka saath chorna padega BJP ko, BJP ko try karna chahiye ek baar election time modi ko PM candidate announce karke , luck aajmaane mein kya jaata
    I WILL LOOK FOR U
    I WILL FIND U AND
    I WILL BAN U

Yes ! Mr. Narendra Modi can be the Prime Minister of India someday & Why not…??? He should be.
    If many other non-competitive people under some other tag can dictate their terms in center then what’s the problem with Mr. Modi ? He is far far better than those.

The only hurdle Mr. Modi is facing or would face that his supportive numbers in Lok Sabha.
    In India’s democracy it's all about numbers. 5 donkeys facing East & having the support (??) of 5
    other donkeys facing West are more powerful than 9 united horses facing one direction.
    Last edited by Amarmahra; 17-03-2012 at 03:57 PM.

SB Guru Major

Quote Originally Posted by Amarmahra View Post
    Yes ! Mr. Narendra Modi can be the Prime Minister of India someday & Why not…??? He should be.
    If many other non-competitive people under some other tag can dictate their terms in center then what’s the problem with Mr. Modi ? He is far far better than those.

The only hurdle Mr. Modi is facing or would face that his supportive numbers in Lok Sabha.
    In India’s democracy it's all about numbers. 5 donkeys facing East & having the support (??) of 5
    other donkeys facing West are more powerful than 9 united horses facing one direction.

He is most eligible persons to be PM of India. He can lead India successfully.
    Whether Modi will be PM or India? Its difficult. Its tragecy of our democracy that person like Devgouda can become PM, but Modi can't become.

..Yaar Patialavi.. Colonel a_decent_1's Avatar

Modi would not be a bad option. Considering that BJP does not have a Lot of influential people who can be nominated for the post of Prime Minister. He would however have to make sure that he improves him policies slightly and becomes a little more secular.

I can still remember him not wearing a Muslim cap, when offered. I mean, a Prime Minister must be open to all Religions. You do not need to really believe in all Religions, just respect them. Wearing a Muslim Cap would have not made him a lesser Hindu in anyway.

If he can get a few things right, then why not..

G'day
    My Personality depends on who I am.My Attitude depends on who you are.
    a_decent_1™ ©®

Quote Originally Posted by a_decent_1 View Post
    Modi would not be a bad option. Considering that BJP does not have a Lot of influential people who can be nominated for the post of Prime Minister. He would however have to make sure that he improves him policies slightly and becomes a little more secular.

I can still remember him not wearing a Muslim cap, when offered. I mean, a Prime Minister must be open to all Religions. You do not need to really believe in all Religions, just respect them. Wearing a Muslim Cap would have not made him a lesser Hindu in anyway.

G'day
    Sir !
    Surely I second you on that. But there is one question. What will happen if he starts accepting such invitations ? Other’s who pretend & do such things…… did they do something good for the nation till date….certainly not. Does it really mean anything ?....Nothing. If all others gave us such bad experiences then Mr. Modi certainly deserves a chance…… India as a nation may win this blind…. Who knows !!!!

Extreme transformation is possible in opposite extreme case
    only.

Rainbow chaser Major General

Quote Originally Posted by a_decent_1 View Post

G'day

Sir !
    Surely I second you on that. But there is one question. What will happen if he starts accepting such invitations ? Other’s who pretend & do such things…… did they do something good for the nation till date….certainly not. Does it really mean anything ?....Nothing. If all others gave us such bad experiences then Mr. Modi certainly deserves a chance…… India as a nation may win this blind…. Who knows !!!!

only.
    Agree with Amar bahi..........

Deepak, just wearing the symbol of any religion does not make a sense that you really respect them, remember Lalu & Ramvilas, specially Ramvilas, who stood for a muslim CM candidate in last bihar elections, and was campaigning along with a look a like of Osama. So do you expect a person who praise osama really respect Muslim community??

Same in UP, Mulayam who proved him self as most popular among muslims in UP elections has given priority to his son, instead of other leaders such as Azam Khan......

Banned Colonel

Dear Brethren:

I really dont know when this issue came up.

I think this is a gimmick done by BJP to put Modi's face on the mag cover.

Coming to the question as whether he can lead India or not itself is another question that will he ever be able to be at the post of Priministership.

Only time will tell the answer.

Personally I do feel Modji isnt PM material. To be PM it takes more than what he has been till now.

Perhaps he needs some more time to think about becoming a PM candidate.

SB Guru Major

Quote Originally Posted by hotfuntalk View Post
    Dear Brethren:

Coming to the question as whether he can lead India or not itself is another question that will he ever be able to be at the post of Priministership.

Personally I do feel Modji isnt PM material. To be PM it takes more than what he has been till now.

Soniya ka face aaye to her ability, Modi ka aaye to gimmick!
    India me PM material to sifr Rahul Baba ke pas hi hai..........

Quote Originally Posted by hotfuntalk View Post
    Dear Brethren:

Dear friend,

I won't debate that Why doesn't Mr. modi appear you a PM material ? It's not the question of Mr. Modi's eligibility (in an individual's eyes) towards Prime Minister-ship but the question of entire Indian leader-ship about their sincerity & loyalty towards India as a nation & as the History of India is witness to that in long past as well as in recent past, there were non-competitive people (As Roger quoted) & not only living people but the
    belongings of people ( Ram Chandra ji's Charan-Paduka) ruled this nation.....not only ruled but accepted gracefully by masses.

Only a political willingness in top leader-ship is required.....that's all.
    Last edited by Amarmahra; 17-03-2012 at 06:15 PM.

..Yaar Patialavi.. Colonel a_decent_1's Avatar

Sir !

only.
    Quote Originally Posted by 007RIKY View Post
    Agree with Amar bahi..........

Deepak, just wearing the symbol of any religion does not make a sense that you really respect them, remember Lalu & Ramvilas, specially Ramvilas, who stood for a muslim CM candidate in last bihar elections, and was campaigning along with a look a like of Osama. So do you expect a person who praise osama really respect Muslim community??

Same in UP, Mulayam who proved him self as most popular among muslims in UP elections has given priority to his son, instead of other leaders such as Azam Khan......
    Well,
    I think I did not make my point clear.

It obviously does not matter whether you wear someone else's Religious symbols or not, but, when they are offered to you, there is no harm in wearing them. I am not saying that "He must wear all religious symbols" , I am just saying that it would have not hurt anyone. A Prime Minister needs to take care of small things like these Since India is a very Religion sensitive Country.

I am certainly not talking about what other people do to Show Off.. That is not the point here. The point if whether Mr. Modi actually cares about other Religions or not. If he does, he should not shy away from stuff like these.

G'day
    My Personality depends on who I am.My Attitude depends on who you are.
    a_decent_1™ ©®

Banned Colonel

Dear friend,

I won't debate that Why doesn't Mr. modi appear you a PM material ? It's not the question of Mr. Modi's eligibility (in an individual's eyes) towards Prime Minister-ship but the question of entire Indian leader-ship about their sincerity & loyalty towards India as a nation & as the History of India is witness to that in long past as well as in recent past, there were non-competitive people (As Roger quoted) & not only living people but the
    belongings of people ( Ram Chandra ji's Charan-Paduka) ruled this nation.....not only ruled but accepted gracefully by masses.

Only a political willingness in top leader-ship is required.....that's all.
    POLITICAL WILLINGNESS EVERYONE HAS BUT THE POINT IS values, less on being a one country does not favor modi.

Mostly for the simple reason that he is a Bjp candidate. now what bjp stands for is communal violence, pramod mutalik who won't remember?

Sex crazy sex driven mministers , topping it yeddy,teddy.

Milkman halappa, the names are endless.

Banned Colonel

Can he lead, yes.. Into more communal disputes.

SB Guru Major

I read one headline today - Damn Modi if he does, damn Modi if he doesn't.