Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Zanjeer Remake! FIRST LOOK! Sanjay Dutt as Pran

SB MahaGuru Colonel

Cool The Zanjeer Remake! FIRST LOOK! Sanjay Dutt as Pran

take care!

SB MahaGuru Colonel

Teja to debut in Bollywood with 'Zanjeer' remake

South Indian stars have always targeted the Hindi film industry as their next destination. However it's a different thing that not many of them made it big in Bollywood. The latest South Indian actor to enter Bollywood is Telugu hero Ram Charan Teja.If media reports are to be believed then Ram Charan Teja is all set to act in the remake of 1973 film 'Zanjeer'.

The film produced by Reliance, will be made in Hindi and Telugu simultaneously.

Teja is expected to portray the character of a police cop in the upcoming Rs 70 crore project.

It will be a huge challenge for Teja to play the character of a cop because it will prompt critics to compare his acting skills with Amitabh Bachchan, who had played the same role in the original 'Zanjeer'.

Apoorva Lakhia is appointed as the director of the film and the shooting is supposed to start in April, 2012.
    take care!

SB MahaGuru Colonel

Priyanka not yet confirmed for 'Zanjeer' remake: Apoorva Lakhia

The leading lady for the remake of 1973 film "Zanjeer" is yet to be finalised, says director Apoorva Lakhia, putting rest to rumours that Priyanka Chopra has already been cast.
    He also says that he is yet to approach Amitabh Bachchan to play a part in the film.
    "Priyanka Chopra is not yet confirmed. We have not yet decided on that. However, we are starting the film's shoot from May 13. The scenes of the lead actor will be shot," Lakhia, who will direct the project, told.
    take care!

SB MahaGuru Colonel

Mahie Gill plays Mona Darling in Zanjeer remake

Bindu's iconic 'Mona Darling' act in Zanjeer in 1973 is now being taken over by the audacious and saucy Mahie Gill.

This week, Gill was signed for the coveted role above the other top contenders for the iconic part--Mallika Sherawat, Malaika Arora and Jacqueline Fernandez-- on the strength of her "raw earthy appeal".

We also hear that Mahie's seduction of the arch-villain Teja, played by Ajit in the original and by Prakash Raj in the remake, would exceed all the limits imposed by Bindu's conservative vamping in the 1970s.

While Bindu (married to her husband and to self-censorship when she reigned with her vampish voluptuousness during the 1970s) got away with slit dresses and body stocking showing thunder thighs and buxom torsos in Zanjeer, Mahie, we are told, would be doing some heavy duty love-making scenes with Prakash Raj and would also need to get into better shape for a bikini.

Speaking on behalf of the film's producers, Reliance Entertainment, Adai Mehra Productions and Flying Turtle Films, Amit Mehra said, "We definitely want Mahie's 'Mona Darling' to go beyond Binduji. If Binduji became synonymous with the character in the 1970s, we want people to shout 'Mona Darling' at Mahie when she steps out. Those times when the first Zanjeer was made were different. Today being sexy doesn't mean performing a cabaret in a slit dress. Mahie will have to be seen performing more horizontal acts with Prakash Raj. And she'll definitely be seen a bikini."

Both Mahie and Prakash Raj have been asked to shed kilos urgently. Mahie's weight is not the only thing that goes from Bindu's 'Mona Darling' act. The sizzling Asha Bhosle number 'Diljalon Ka Dil Jala Ke' has also been done away with. Mahie was apparently most keen to dance to Bindu's number.

Says Mehra, "We're doing an entirely new hip and slick club song for Mahie to dance to. With due respects Helenji and Binduji, cabarets are no longer a part of popular nightclub culture."

Says Mahie, "I was initially apprehensive about doing the part. I wondered if I'd be able to carry it off. It was the director Apoorva Lakhia who convinced me. Now I'm very excited. To recreate the original vamp 'Mona Darling' of the 1970s for today's audience is a challenge. And most of my scenes are with Prakash Raj who is a very good actor. I think I'll be able to pull it off."

In the meanwhile all the Punjabi khana that Mahie can't do without has been forbidden from her diet.

The culture of an overweight seductress went out with Bindu.
    take care!

SB MahaGuru Colonel

Ram Charan kicks off shooting ‘Zanjeer’ remake

take care!

Hum Banarasi.......... Colonel Ankhi_sena_mun's Avatar

RIP
    mods decision: any insult to female members will be ignored as the person doing this is somebody known to the mods
    I PROTEST

SB MahaGuru Lieutenant-Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Ankhi_sena_mun View Post

RIP

SB MahaGuru Colonel

First Look: Ram Charan Teja in 'Zanjeer' remake

Ram Charan Teja and Priyanka Chopra play the lead roles in the remake of Amitabh Bachchan starrer 'Zanjeer'. The film will be simultaneously shot in Hindi and Telugu. Arjun Rampal, Prakash Raj and Mahie Gill are also a part of the film. The film will hit the screens in 2013.
    take care!

New Born

great, i think this is very good, I also like first part of zanzeer. I am also waiting for second one

✿♥ mesmerized♥✿ Lieutenant-Colonel imeggz_leoness's Avatar

Got new samsung galaxy grand 2 on my wedding ani.

The Avenger !! Lieutenant-Colonel murtazas's Avatar

Love for your country is part of your faith" Holy Prophet (S.A.W).”

Machinehead Lieutenant General ignoramusenator's Avatar

he is chiranjeevi son, chiranjeevi had some good movies in bolly may be his son has got that luck too, who knws

Make My Day

teekhi jammu chilli Major General arumita's Avatar

yeh role to iski wife ko milna chayie tha who kon si kam lady don lagti hain

SB MahaGuru Colonel

Sanjay Dutt signs up to play Pran's role in Zanjeer

On August 28, 2012 this writer had reported that Sanjay Dutt would be playing the iconic Pathan Sher Khan in Apoorva Lakhia's remake of Prakash Mehra's Zanjeer.

At that time Dutt and his faithful team stoutly denied the reports and even accused the remakers of cashing in on his name prematurely. Dutt, we hear, was influenced by some of his friends and well-wishers against doing the film. Uncertain about the star's intentions, the makers of the new Zanjeer went and negotiated with Sonu Sood to play Sher Khan.

The combination of Sonu Sood who is a major force in Telugu cinema and Telugu superstar Ramcharan Teja made huge box office sense in the South. Sonu was supposed to do both the Hindi and Telugu versions of Zanjeer. He had even begun to work on his 'Sher Khan' look.

Turns out, Sanjay Dutt is doing the role after all.

On Wednesday morning, the star finally signed on the dotted line and hopped on board to do the part. As for Sonu, he is still playing Sher Khan, but only in the Telugu version of the film.

Jubilant, director Apoorva Lakhia said, "I've worked with Sanju Sir before in Shootout At Lokhandwala and we hit it off immediately. I keenly wanted him to play Pran Saab's role in Zanjeer. I couldn't see anyone else from the contemporary actors playing Sher Khan. Now after many uncertainties, Sanju Sir is finally doing the role. I think this is the first time that he plays a Pathan. We'll give him a really striking look."

About Sonu Sood, Lakhia says, "Sonu is a fine human being and a gentleman. We can't possibly let him down. And we won't. He will be playing Sher Khan in the Telugu version of Zanjeer. Ramcharan and Sonu Sood are both names to reckon with in Telugu cinema. They'll be coming together in my film for the first time."

As for Pran's iconic Qawwalli 'Yaari Hai Imaan Mera' from Zanjeer, it won't feature in the new Zanjeer. "We're working on an entirely new Qawwalli and look for Sanju Sir," informs Lakia.

Adds producer Amit Mehra, "I can't tell you how excited I am about having Sanju Sir on board. It's a dream come true. I was just a kid when he worked with my dad (producer-director Prakash Mehra) in Imaandar and Mohabbat Ke Dushman. Sanju Sir used to take me and my brother on drives in his fancy wheels. We hero-worshipped him. And now to be working with him...wow!"

Adds Zanjeer's leading man Ramcharan, "We're all very happy to have Sanju Baba on board. Especially me. Sanju Sir and I met a few times recently in Hyderabad when he was here to shoot for the Hindi remake of Samy. We did speak about Zanjeer and how it was shaping up. I mentioned to him that the director Apoorva Lakhia was still searching for the perfect Sher Khan. Now I hear Sanju Sir is playing Sher Khan. Nobody except he could justify Sher Khan's personality to today's audience. I am glad we waited for Sanju Sir to play this character."
    take care!

SB MahaGuru Colonel

take care!