Thread: Upcoming Quad-Core Tablets in India

Mr. Imperfect! Field Marshal sheikh's Avatar

Default Upcoming Quad-Core Tablets in India

ARM-based quad core tablets are set to become the norm when tablet OEM's introduce their flagship tablets this year. Rumors are abound that the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 will get a quad core processor update, and that Google's very own $200 7-inch tablet will have a quad core Soc. For discerning buyers and performance users, here is a roundup of quad core tablets destined to make it to the Indian market in the next few months.

Wherever You Are I'll Find You..Cause You're The One I Turn To
    Wherever You Be I'll Be With You..Cause You're The One My Heart Is Yo..I need you..

LG unveils Optimus Vu with 5-inch 4:3 IPS screen, stylus input

Ahead of this year’s Mobile World Conference in Barcelona, LG has unveiled its newest Android based tablet PC, called the LG Optimus Vu. The design mantra of the Optimus Vu leans heavily towards reading applications, which is apparent by its choice of 4:3 aspect ratio display. The screen is a five-inch IPS panel with resolution of 1024X768 pixels and it is optimized to work with the "Rubberdium" stylus.

Under the hood, the Optimus Vu will sport a 1.5GHz dual-core CPU, 8MP camera, LTE transceiver and a 2080mAh battery-pack, all encased in an 8.5mm case. The tablet is currently scheduled to debut in Korea in March, this year, with Android 2.3 pre-installed on the system. The company has promised an ICS upgrade, within three months of its launch.

Wherever You Be I'll Be With You..Cause You're The One My Heart Is Yo..I need you..

Asus launches new flagship tablet called Transformer Prime Infinity 700 [MWC 2012]

Along with other tablets launched at the MWC 2012, Asus launched its latest flagship tablet device called the Transformer Prime Infinity 700. The tablet will have two variations, the first being a 1.6GHz Tegra 3 powered Wi-Fi only version and the second being a 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 MSM8960 Krait powered LTE version.

The Transformer Pad Infinity 700 sports a 10.1-inch 1920 x 1200 Super IPS Plus display and runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It comes in three sizes including 16GB, 32 GB and 64 GB. Other specifications include an 8 megapixel rear camera, 2 megapixel front facing camera and 1GB RAM.

It is just 8.55mm thick and weighs 586 grams. Pricing is not yet confirmed, however it will launch sometime in Q2 2012.

Huawei announced new MediaPad 10 FHD tablet [MWC 2012]

A new tablet from Huawei has emerged at the Mobile World Congress and this device is known as the Huawei MediaPad 10 FHD. It will be powered by a quad-core processor and it will run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
    The tablet device is powered by a 1.5 GHz K3 quad-core processor and sports a 10-inch 1920x1200 pixels IPS display, Dolby Surround sound technology, HSPA+ connectivity, 2GB RAM, 8-megapixel rear camera and a secondary front facing 1.3 megapixel camera. The device is made of aluminum alloy material, it is 8.8mm thick and weighs just below 600g. The pricing is yet to be announced, however Huawei has mentioned that the MediaPad 10 FHD will hit the market sometime in Q2 2012.

ASUS to ship quad-core Transformer tablets soon

ASUS has confirmed that it will begin shipping Transformer Pad 300, starting with US, by the end of this month. The new Transformer Pad first made its appearance earlier this year during the Mobile World Conference. ASUS will continue its patronage of NVIDIA, with a quad-core Tegra 3 system driving this 10.1-inch, Android ICS touting, hybrid tablet.

The Transformer Pad 300 will ship with 32GB of internal storage, external storage via microSD, 1 GB of system memory and network over Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G. The primary camera will get an 8MP sensor and the front-facing camera can capture at 1.2 megapixels. A micro-HDMI port will allow the tablet to connect to an external display, while the built-in display flashes images at 1280X800 pixels. ASUS claims that the tablet can run for 10 hours on a single charge, and the optional keyboard dock adds another five hours with its built-in battery pack. ASUS is not yet ready to disclose the official price for the Transformer Pad 300, but some online retailers are taking pre-orders at $399 for the model with the specs mentioned above.
    ASUS has confirmed that it will begin shipping Transformer Pad 300, starting with US, by the end of this month. The new Transformer Pad first made its appearance earlier this year during the Mobile World Conference. ASUS will continue its patronage of NVIDIA, with a quad-core Tegra 3 system driving this 10.1-inch, Android ICS touting, hybrid tablet.

The Transformer Pad 300 will ship with 32GB of internal storage, external storage via microSD, 1 GB of system memory and network over Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G. The primary camera will get an 8MP sensor and the front-facing camera can capture at 1.2 megapixels. A micro-HDMI port will allow the tablet to connect to an external display, while the built-in display flashes images at 1280X800 pixels. ASUS claims that the tablet can run for 10 hours on a single charge, and the optional keyboard dock adds another five hours with its built-in battery pack. ASUS is not yet ready to disclose the official price for the Transformer Pad 300, but some online retailers are taking pre-orders at $399 for the model with the specs mentioned above.

FULL REVIEW

Launched earlier this month, Radhika Sharma has got her hands on the new iPad, and takes in-depth look at the new iPad's capabilities, rating its design and form factor, screen quality, hardware and performance, app ecosystem, camera and connectivity options. We also have Vishal Gondal, CEO of Indiagames joining us, explaining why the new iPad is the generational difference between the iPhone 3G and the iPhone 4, and what the iPad's improved specs mean to both developers and consumers.

Specs at a Glance

9.7" Retina Display 2048x1536 Resolution @264 ppi
    Dual Core A5x processor, Quad Core GPU, 1GB RAM
    5 MP iSight Camera, VGA Secondary Camera
    iOS 5.1, Voice Dictation Feature
    16, 32, and 64 GB Storage, 4GB LTE Support
    Weight: 652 grams