Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing animal captures of the month-Amazing photos of harvest mouse

♥ek haseena thi♥ Field Marshal basanti<<<'s Avatar

Default Amazing animal captures of the month-Amazing photos of harvest mouse

Kung Fu Guinea Pig

Slovaks are currently living in a fear of this tiny tearaway - whose fearsome fighting skills have seen it dubbed the Kung Fu Guinea Pig.
    The pint-sized ninja terrified dog walker Marta Domotorova when it attacked her Hungarian pointer dogs during a stroll on heathland near her Hradok home.
    With a series of spinning kicks and leaps the fearless rodent saw off both the hapless hounds as they tried to play with it.
    Thank you bala

Thank you bala

'You looking at me?' The fearsome fish that puts Angry Birds to shame

Forget Angry Birds, this is one angry fish.This tropical jawfish certainly looks like it got out of the wrong side of the bed as it gives the photographer a fearsome look.Yet despite its appearance, the burrowing fish is actually quite timid.

Keep calm: The burrowing jawfish is actually quite timid

Thank you bala

Talk about hare-raising! Ravenous raven takes to the skies... with a rabbit in its beak

A little rabbit suffered a grisly end after this hungry raven snatched it from a field and flew off with it clamped in its beak.
    Amateur photographer Bob Sharples took this remarkable picture after he spotted the cruel twist of nature out of the corner of his eye.
    Mr Sharples, a retired Royal Naval petty officer, was driving near Marazion Marsh, Cornwall, when he noticed a 'black shape carrying something rather large in its beak'.
    He said: 'I turned the car around, grabbed my camera and zoomed in. When I realised what it was, I thought it was pretty amazing

Thank you bala

Gulp! Suppertime in the Everglades as hungry bird swallows his fishy feast whole

These stunning images show the moment a hungry bird got a real mouthful gobbling up a glittering green fish.
    Wildlife photographer Javier Parrilla Perez, 37, was taking pictures at a national park in Florida when he spotted the bird harpooning his meal.
    Watching as they worked, Mr Perez and his wife were mesmerised as the anhinga's beak opened wider and wider as he swallowed the fish.

Thank you bala

Odor-able! The unlikely friendship between a lion cub and a skunk

These unusual animal friends really do adore each other - despite one of them being a skunk.
    The mountain lion cubs and baby skunk have struck up an out-of-the-ordinary friendship despite being enemies in the wild.
    Peanut the skunk and Annabelle and Lester the lion cubs were brought together after Peanut was found orphaned in Northern Ontario, Canada.

Thank you bala

Elephants tussle just yards from terrified tourists on safari

Too close for comfort? African bull elephants fight as safari tourists watch from their 4x4 in Kenya's Amboseli National Park

At close quarters: Ecologist Charles Vanpraet said the rampant males had been near a group of females just moments before the epic fight - putting them on edge

Just showing off: The group of young bachelor African elephants had been making their way through a caravan of parked tourist safari vehicles when the tussling began

Bird's eye view: The tourists had parked up to watch, not realising it would spill over towards the caravan of cars

Fierce: Belgian ecologist Charles Vanpraet said it was 'a very fierce and loud battle which went on for almost an hour'
    'It had started on the other side of the road and the tourists parked up to watch, without realising it would spill over towards the caravan of cars.

'I don't think any damage was done to any of the vehicles but it does happen.

'Afterwords everything just calmed down and they all walked off side-by-side as if nothing had happened. There was no love lost.

'The bachelors travel together but really they want to be in a herd with females, and they will compete violently to win the admiration of females after showing they are the strongest.

'But they need each other while they are not in a proper herd, so they make up easily.'

All's well that ends well: Apparently, afterwards they calmed down and they all walked off side-by-side 'as if nothing had happened'

Thank you bala

The most disgusting insect on Earth: Vile assassin bug that carries the ants it has killed to ward off enemies

this bug looks like it's made a killing carrying a remarkable number of dead bodies on its back to stop it becoming lunch.
    As this gruesome picture shows this insect has at least 20 ants on its back which according to scientists confuse potential predators like jumping spiders.
    The aptly named assassin bug uses the dead bodies, as a defence mechanism to fend off enemies.

Putting your back into it: The assassin bug is caught carrying at least 20 dead ants to fend off potential predators

Heavy lifting: Scientists believe that the bugs use the defence mechanism to enhance their reputation
    Photographer Hock Ping Guek, from Malaysia, decided to document the amazing camouflage strategy using macro photography.
    He said: 'These assassin bugs are quite small, less than 1 cm, so the camera I used really comes in handy here as it allows me to go beyond the 1:1 maximum limit of the usual macro lenses without the need for any add-on tubes.

'The behaviour is indeed absolutely fascinating. They prey on ants, inject enzyme into the ant preys and **** the ants dry, then put the dead bodies on their back for camouflage, most likely as a form of defence against other predator like jumping spiders.

On the edge: Assassin bugs kill by injecting their prey with an enzyme and then ****ing out their insides
    'I spent about 30 minutes photographing these assassin bugs every time I find one.
    'I try to shoot as many shots as I could from many different angles, and pick only a few that I like best in terms of angle, moment, composition etc.'
    Assassin bugs kill in a rather gruesome way by injecting them with an enzyme and then ****ing out their insides.
    Despite their fearsome reputation the insects are actually quite small measuring just 1cm in length.

Thank you bala

___ Sa'aB™ ___ Field Marshal DesiCasanova's Avatar

nice share................
    ╰დ╮LovEPOWER ╭დ╯

×║♥ਸੋਹਣੀ ਮੋਟੀ♥║× Lieutenant General

all the pics were great and i shivered at the sight of this insect ewwwww

Cat's cunning plan to ambush feathered foe end in tears

With the bird cornered, it seemed like guaranteed lunch.
    But this patient puss was ultimately left disappointed after trying to catch his feathered foe as it flew out of a nesting box.
    The pet cat was spotted sitting next to the box, which was attached to a fence at a farm in Roseburg, Oregon, U.S.

Wait for it, wait for it, d'oh! The cat lurks ready for the bird to poke its head out of the nesting box before taking a swipe, but it escapes with just a few feathers ruffled
    The minute the little bird poked its head out, the cat pounced - reaching up a paw in an attempt to swat it.

Thank you bala

Quote Originally Posted by DesiCasanova View Post
    nice share................
    Quote Originally Posted by joya123 View Post
    Awesome pics....I really feel very happy when i watch all this pics..thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by ♥»вlυεвεггγ«♥ View Post
    all the pics were great and i shivered at the sight of this insect ewwwww
    will keep updating!!!!!!
    Thank you bala

Incredible ANT-ics! Close-up photography shows the amazing strength of these tiny insects

Rarely have ants been captured on film in such a way that demonstrates their incredible relative strength and balance.
    These fascinating close-up shots even appear to capture the character of each ant, as it 'performs' for the camera.
    The incredible stunts range from balancing giant seed pods from a Mimosa tree above their heads to dramatically clinging on to each other in diamond formation on a tiny plant.

Show of strength: The ants demonstrate their power by balancing giant seed pods from a Mimosa tree above their heads

The stunning snaps were taken by keen photographer Eko Adiyanto, from West Java, who used a special macro technique to get up close and personal with the fascinating creatures
    And in an amazing show of strength they even move into different gravity-defying shapes as they carry their food back to the nest for the rest of their colony.
    The stunning snaps were taken by keen photographer Eko Adiyanto, 40, who used a special macro technique to get up close and personal with the fascinating creatures.
    Eko, from West Java, Indonesia, said: 'The ants are so small and to see how much power they have in their tiny bodies is fascinating.
    'There are a lot of insects roaming around near my house and I find it really interesting. I use macro photography to find out more about what they do.

Photographer Eko said the results are 'amazing, especially when the red ants appear to perform tricks' like this for the camera which are unseen to the naked eye

The stunts include dramatically clinging on to each other in diamond formation on a tiny plant

Helping hand: 'The balance and strength is remarkable and something I will always remember,' said Eko

Eko, 40, used a special macro technique to get up close and personal with the fascinating creatures
    'The balance and strength is remarkable and something I will always remember.'
    Red ants live in colonies where each has their own role as either worker, drone or queen. The colony is so important they would sacrifice themselves to protect their home.
    More than 11,000 species of ant are found across the world but the red ant is the most common and can be found in most gardens.

Thank you bala

Sweet-toothed squirrel discovered remains of a cupcake

When it comes to the business of scavenging, this squirrel clearly has something of a sweet tooth.
    This critter might well have been curious about the chocolatey find while raiding a rubbish bin on Holloway Road in north London.
    Perching on the edge of the bin, the rummaging rodent reached into the trash and pulled out the remnants of a chocolate cupcake.

Thank you bala

Default The moment a litter of adorable bear cubs do the conga

The moment a litter of adorable bear cubs do the conga

These musical baby bears might seem ready to cut a rug.
    But the conga line of cubs is actually a tactic used for grooming.
    Video shot at a bear reservation shows the litter of 10 standing up on their hind legs and one by one filing in line to **** each other's heads

Thank you bala