Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got horrid marks in 12th

Unregistered

Default Got horrid marks in 12th

i just saw my 12th board result and its very less..i feel depressed now...and it feels like i am a total failure now. my father didnt scold me but i know he is very sad in his heart. i feel like i am worth nothing now..and i know my parents would never tell me anything about it but its suffocating me now. whenever i think about my result, suicidal thoughts come to my mind. i dont understand what i should do now. Everyone of my relatives are telling me things.. its killing me. I remain frustrated all the time and just depressed. I cant express but it seems like my life is just a formality now. I feel i am just trash.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi!
    Yes, its terrible to get bad marks and even worse ti see your parents' disappointment. But my dear, there are many exams that you will take- and clear- in life. This is just one failure that you will overcome. be brave and strong. Thoughts of death are to be kept away. think of how cowardly that is and how much your loved ones will grieve. No...you just take this as a lesson and start looking ahead. you will be fine!

:: The Zenith :: Lieutenant-Colonel

Chill man! 12th results arent everything. There are several courses & institutes that take students through an admission test of their own, you can very well try those. For example, if you are a science student then you can easily appear for Engg/Medical exams even if you dont have the highest of marks.
    Also, several boards allow 'supplementary' papers, i.e. you can reappear for an exam the next year if you feel you should do better. Check out with your board whether it has any such provision or not.
    Good luck..

SB Guru Lieutenant-Colonel

Hi

Isn't it too late to be feeling depressed and suicidal now...It would have helped if you had thought of this before exams and prepared better...Haven't you given them enough grief already with your performance that you are thinking of suicide and life as trash...

Enough of self pity...think of what you are going to do next to make things and most importantly your future better...Sit down with them and and have an open conversation about your future prospects instead of avoiding the issue...let them understand that you are actually serious about your future and studies and will take this as a lesson to do better...

It will be better if you took your studies and your future serious for yourself first instead of doing it for your parents or relatives...

marks will not play any role in ur career its all about ur knowledge and attitude

✿♥ mesmerized♥✿ Lieutenant-Colonel imeggz_leoness's Avatar

it's over..... now buckle up!! and show them you are hard working..! ol d best!
    Got new samsung galaxy grand 2 on my wedding ani.

SB MahaGuru Colonel veeru paaji's Avatar

12th ka result
    Will miss you PAPA....Always

Making Mountain of a Mole...... !!!!

Once done can't be undone but based upon that you can very well construct a better future.
    Better you take lesson from that for future.

& in any case there's a provision in many Education boards to appear in Exams of the same class again for improvement.
    Go & inquire about that from authorities & start that from the principal of your school.

New Born

Default Nothing to worry about.

Dude!!!!,

There is nothing to worry about and feel ashamed of. If 12th result is the only point where your life begins or ends then all guys like you would have been dead by now. But u very well know that it's not the fact.
    I know people including myself who could score not more than average marks in 12th result but that didn't stop them to go ahead in life. They are now successful in their professions.
    You need to know about your passion and interest now and think on how you can convert it to your profession. World is not made of only doctors and engineers.
    Success is not only about earning good money but its about making innovation and getting the best out of it.
    My passion was computer and programming, so even being average scorer I am now working for a very good software company.
    You need to find out where you can polish your skills and be expert in whatever is passion.
    I don't know what was your stream in 12th standard, but there are lot many alternatives than engineering and medical studies which you can choose from based on your interest and passion.
    Only thing I would tell you must have is, a bachelors degree, doesn't matter in which area. It's best if you get it in your favorite stream but you must have one.
    Last edited by mrchetanrana; 12-05-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Banned

Okay.. what do you want to do now?

Advice: Results reject karke phir se test lo.

Aur iss baar acchi tarah taiyaari karke exams likhna.

Get good numbers, everybody happy, you more happy than everybody
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i just saw my 12th board result and its very less..i feel depressed now...and it feels like i am a total failure now. my father didnt scold me but i know he is very sad in his heart. i feel like i am worth nothing now..and i know my parents would never tell me anything about it but its suffocating me now. whenever i think about my result, suicidal thoughts come to my mind. i dont understand what i should do now. Everyone of my relatives are telling me things.. its killing me. I remain frustrated all the time and just depressed. I cant express but it seems like my life is just a formality now. I feel i am just trash.

SB Champion Lieutenant

What a ****? Suidicial marks because of bad marks... NO that is not right. I understand that you and your family is upset becaise of this but this is not the end of the world. I am sure that there are some corespondence that you can take to improve your marks. Let me tell you some thing. I have also gone through grade 12 with low marks. But I got into college completed 2 courses successfully, got 2 diplomas and 1 certificate and have a stable job. So really take this as an example and you will see that you are worth some thing and those relatives of yours can just shut up. I am sorry to say this but that is the truth they are not making things better for you.

SB Guru Lieutenant-Colonel gracefulguy's Avatar

You havent mentioned why your marks were bad !!!

In case you had family problems, or you had prepared well still could not reproduce in exam hall, or were medically not well, or there were some un avoidable circumstances wherein you could not fare well in exams..........then it is entirely understandable. You can still work hard, get a better result with your graduation and proceed on. Jobs are alwyas acquired on good graduation.

But, in case, your poor result is due to your negligence towards studies by not being sincere enough or lack of hard work.........knowing well in advance that its important to score well in 12th............then its a matter of concern.......and that needs to be adressed with honesty.

Ask yourself, if you were sincere enuf to the efforts you had put in and you will get the answer.

Still, initial stage of ur career. Damage can be controlled.
    "You can get "sympathy" from anyone but its the "jealousy" that you really have to earn"

First thing if u had given ur hard work and still didnt get enough marks then its ok and if vice versa is true then it is bad. Second thing, 12th is not the end of life. I also did horribly bad in 12th and now i am pursuing PhD, So dont be disheartened. Stop reacting to what ur relatives say coz they will not build ur career, its u. Finally, suicide is attempted by coward people, those who cant face this world and u r not coward. Study well and give ur hardwork, ur critics will stop criticizing u.

New Born

Thumbs up nothing to worry!

One of the threads i wanted to post my reply!

First and foremost, ur 12th board results ain't everything nor ur future! so stop having self esteem issues. i dont wanna put em all as advice instead i want to share some of ma own experience. i too was average in my academics. now am enjoying ma job getting a decent salary( my work is related to media and development). i never cared bout what others thought bout me. people wondered if i would have a future, but now i proved them that they are wrong! my cousin got more marks did his higher education abroad and gets lots of salary. he got nice dowry and got married. (dowry directly shows their status and reputation, in our tradition you get more dowry if u r working abroad). now his wife looks unhappy coz she thinks she is missing lots of fun! when he came back to india, i used to flirt with his wife infront of him, making him feel uncomfortable and low! (now, dont follow this, am not trying to give any bad message.) Am saying all these coz finally u need to do what you are happy with and stop comparing yourself with others! be confident!

now that u got low marks, its clear you r poor in ur academics, which means it gives you an opportunity to explore various fields. once u get to know each and every field, am sure it ll b easy for u to choose the right path. you should be good at something which u might not know, its time for u to explore various fields, get some counselors advice! dude u r too young, stop worrying and dont even think bout what others say! people r there to say ill things! they have no other job. only u can lift yourself up so ignore them completely! as i told u before, your 12th marks are not everything, your skills and knowledge is everything! so start exploring! you have a bright future ahead!

hey bout ur parents i completely understand coz i was in the same situation and ma parents never scolded me and that made me feel even bad! ma dad used to love me a lot and he wanted me to do engineering but i was nowhere close. i know how it feels but only you can make your parents proud! Bill Gates was a failure in his academics! so stop worrying and start exploring, figure out what you are good at and which field suits u and prove everyone what u r!

P.S. Anyone who advises you to study hard from here on and stuff is misleading you! Don't ever u listen to them! juz explore, pick the right field and shine! be brave. you might not make so much money like others but am sure you will love whatever u do!

~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ ⌆ Major Lisbonstar28's Avatar

It's not so bad. Take what you're feeling as a good thing. Channel all your negative energies into positive, buckle down with your studies, re-sit the examinations and prove everyone wrong. Everything is attainable providing you apply yourself. To inspire you to give it your best; just the other day i saw a paralysed woman complete the London marathon by herself (26 miles) Her situation is a lot more horrid than yours, don't you think?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...-Marathon.html

What are you moaning at ?
    Do what thou wilt and ye harm none