Thread: Will they stop teasing us if we stop wearing jeans?

!! PostMaster !! Field Marshal passion_unlimitedd's Avatar

Default Will they stop teasing us if we stop wearing jeans?

Will they stop teasing us if we stop wearing jeans?

Jaipur girls say they tackle eve-teasers all the time in the city, irrespective of what they're wearing and who they're with

The recent incident in Indore, where a young man died trying to stop the girl he was with being molested by a group of eve-teasers, has shocked many in Jaipur as well. The man ultimately bled to death. Most women in Jaipur know that the issue of eve-teasing is not new to them, as time and again, they have heard of eve-teasing incidents where girls are victims of lewd comments by boys. Many of the fairer sex in the city aver that the issue of eve-teasing is never far from their thoughts, and that the the Indore incident has only revived old memories of eve-teasing. We spoke to students/girls and asked them if the equation has changed, or do they continue tackling eve-teasers.

If you resist, you are thrashed
    Recently, a 16-year-old girl in Jaipur was brutally thrashed after she resisted eve-teasing, while returning home from tuition with her friends, when some boys intercepted them. The youth passed lewd comments at the girls and after they started teasing the them, and the girls resisted, after which the boys starting beating them up. "This is just one of the incidents where girls in the city have been victims to eve-teasing and I believe that besides the many complaints to keep a check on eve-teasing, nothing has been done and can never be done," says 25-year-old Gitika Sharma. Karan Singh (23) agrees, "Similar to what happened in the Indore case, boys who stand up against the eve-teasers to protect the girls also get into fights with those hooligans. This has become fairly frequent these days."

Change male mentality first
    In 2011, a student of RU was eve-teased and manhandled by some boys in the campus while she was returning to her hostel after writing an exam. In the wake of this incident, teachers of the varsity and women from various organizations took out a rally to demand initiatives to ensure a safe atmosphere for girls. "Kuch hota nahi hain yeh sab karne se because what needs to be changed is the mentality of men and if we can't do that, these molestation cases will never end," rues 24-year-old Chandna Mehta. For most of the boys, girl colleges are the best haunt. "I study in a girl's college but when I enter the campus, there are so many boys standing at the entrance that I feel I am entering a co-ed college. The minute we enter, they begin to stare at us and after a while start their comments," shares Natasha Jain* of ICG college, adding, "Sometimes, they sing cheesy songs to hold our attention but we are so used to it that we don't even turn around and look."

Ban jeans or whatever, lewd comments will still pour in
    The Khaap Panchayat passed the diktat of banning girls from wearing jeans in yet another instance of moral policing as they believed that eve-teasing incidents had increased due to their objectionable clothes. However, students believe that all this is trash and that sleeveless and tight tops or wearing jeans to college doesn't trigger eve-teasing. "When I heard of this ban by the Khaaps, I couldn't believe my ears. It is plain ridiculous, because even if a girl is fully covered in traditional clothes, boys will ogle them. Will they stop teasing us if we stop wearing jeans?" asks Jennifer, a BPO employee. Akriti Verma cites an incident. "Recently, there was an incident where a group of five girls, wearing saris, were standing outside college waiting for their cars to come. Seeing them, a group of boys on bikes started taking rounds of the area, says Akriti Verma* of Maharani's College, adding, "It was plain irritating and they finally went inside the college to avoid all this."

If a girl is driving a car, she will invite trouble
    "I was sitting in the car and waiting in queue at the petrol pump when a man on his bike starting whistling at me. I gazed at him but he didn't stop and continued whistling looking at me," says an angry Harshita Periwal (24). 27-year-old Megha Soni shares, "If a girl is driving a car, then it boys feel that they have been legally certified by the government to ogle them. Whether it is in the afternoon, evening or night, a girl driving a car will grab eyeballs, no matter what." And the most common and best way to lech is to follow girls while they are walking on the road. "If everything fails, there is always the option of following a girl walking on the road and lech at her," rants 26-year-old Sanjana Kapoor.

Online reaction
    The online community has been strongly reacting to the eve-teasing incident that happened in Indore.
    Knowing and understanding the deepest meaning of a euphemism, 'eve-teasing' #GirlInAThirdWorld -Maria Patel
    Don't know what is more shameful. The eve-teasing or the police apathy -Vaibhav
    Can't be more sad than this: Indore: Students fight eve-teasers, bleeds to death at police station. Gruesome. -Sharmarohitraj
    Dress the PM in his own clothes, NOT in women's clothes. "Eve teasing" is NOT funny.
    -Rita Putatunda

Play To Win or Don't Play At All
    Always Expect The Unexpected

chirpy angel Lieutenant-Colonel barbiedoll's Avatar

Eve teasing is really aweful in our places.........lewd comments could be ignored bt if those guys molest or attack.......thats really scary......

✿♥ mesmerized♥✿ Lieutenant-Colonel imeggz_leoness's Avatar

They are right.. wear anything they will do what they want to!
    Got new samsung galaxy grand 2 on my wedding ani.

DESTINY STILL ARRIVES! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

girls should form a group with hockey sticks,etc. and beat those boys up........LOHA LOHE KO KAAT TA HAI.....thats the only way you can teach eve teasers....
    I Hope They Remember You...

these boys hit girls r coward..

n for girls...dnt afraid to revolt..give thm a fight...nt time he'l think twice..

boys who eve tease r sick.they alwaz look girl as an object...so watevr girl wear...they'l get comments...cz sch men dont look clothes..

MUH ke hum muhjor hai
    se kamjor hai.

One Man Army,Ekla Chalo:) Lieutenant General

No..never..if a girl wear burkha,still they make trouble for her,tease her..and other nasty things..
    They should wear anything,which are comfortable for them..
    But there should be some decency..
    Sun will rise.?.!

SB Champion Lieutenant sanam_sanam's Avatar

But its not just happening in india.. I bet its everywhere... But one thing I noticed.. Its always indian guys that stare and pass coments..

×║♥ਸੋਹਣੀ ਮੋਟੀ♥║× Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by suryasuman89 View Post
    No..never..if a girl wear burkha,still they make trouble for her,tease her..and other nasty things..
    They should wear anything,which are comfortable for them..
    But there should be some decency..
    true it also happens in my place
    no matter what you wear if boys are nasty they wont change

One Man Army,Ekla Chalo:) Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by ♥»вlυεвεггγ«♥ View Post
    true it also happens in my place
    no matter what you wear if boys are nasty they wont change
    hmm ,,true.. I wrote that in my statement too..
    Our mentality ..our approach towards a woman should change
    Sun will rise.?.!

~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar

Remove all the girls from Jaipur,Indore and put them somewhere on a paradise Island and then see how the men like it. Let them resort to ogling at each other.
    So may it be

!! PostMaster !! Field Marshal passion_unlimitedd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lisbonstar28 View Post
    Remove all the girls from Jaipur,Indore and put them somewhere on a paradise Island and then see how the men like it. Let them resort to ogling at each other.

Thts a nice idea
    Play To Win or Don't Play At All
    Always Expect The Unexpected