Thread: 90s Supermodels: Then & Now

SB MahaGuru Colonel

Cool 90s Supermodels: Then & Now

It's hard to forget the music video for George Michael’s “Freedom ’90,” which was nominated for five Video Music Awards back in the day. (Incredibly, it was shut out, but 19 years later, MTV nominated it again in a new category called "Should Have Won A Moonman.") For the epic clip, the singer somehow managed to bring together some of the most beautiful people in the world -- one of whom famously declared she didn’t get out of bed for less than $10,000.

Here’s a look at what some of those beautiful people, who lip-synched their way through the song, are up to more than two decades later.

take care!

SB MahaGuru Colonel

THEN:

Linda Evangelista, who had short blond hair at the time, was one of the first models to appear in the video. She sits in a lonely hallway and lip-synchs the words to the song.

NOW:

These days, Linda Evangelista looks as stunning as ever, admittedly with a little help from Botox. “I’m pro-cosmetic procedure,” she told Vogue. “I use Botox and I’m not afraid to say it, though I do like to keep some movement in my face. I do Thermage, a treatment to stimulate your collagen.” It’s all working, and she is still modeling at age 46 as the face of Talbots. She had a son in 2006. The father remained a mystery until recently, when she appeared in court seeking support from her ex, Francois-Henri Pinault, who is now married to Salma Hayek.

take care!

SB MahaGuru Colonel

THEN:

Christy Turlington walked through the video barefoot and “wearing” a white sheet,

-

NOW:

Christy Turlington is now 43 and has turned academic and philanthropic. She works with the Harvard School of Public Health and recently traveled to India to raise awareness about maternal health issues. She’s also become a beauty mogul, launching a line of ayurvedic products, and is a devoted yoga student. She has embraced her age without hesitation, as well. “I’m not afraid of aging. I would absolutely not do Botox. It actually makes me feel happier about my face when I look at people my age…who’ve had it done.” She married filmmaker Ed Burns, and they have two children.

take care!

SB MahaGuru Colonel

THEN:

A young Naomi Campbell is seen dancing her way through the music video with a pair of headphones on, lost in the song.

-

NOW:

Now Campbell, 41, is still walking the runway and modeling, and takes part in charity work.

take care!

SB MahaGuru Colonel

THEN:

Cindy Crawford made a splash singing from the bathtub in the video.

-

NOW:

Crawford, 46, is a now a mom with two children -- and her daughter is walking in her footsteps (or high-heel steps) and modeling. She has been open about her cosmetic procedures like Botox and vitamin injections, and she returned to modeling in 2011. She has been married to Rande Gerber since 1998 and stepped into the political spotlight by endorsing Mitt Romney.

take care!

SB MahaGuru Colonel

THEN:

Tatjana Patitz lip-synchs the song just moments before the jukebox explodes.

-

NOW:

Tatjana Patitz, 45, returned to modeling in alignment with Marina Rinaldi, a fashion line for plus-sized women. She previously dated Seal (and recently spoke out about his split), and has one son. Her younger sister, Sophie, also modeled for Victoria's Secret.

take care!

SB MahaGuru Colonel

THEN:

Baby-faced male model Mario Sorrenti provides his own sexy side-lighting in the video, switching a lamp on and off.

-

NOW:

Mario Sorrenti, 41, is best known as a photographer and has lent his work to Shakira's "Fijacion Oral Vol. 1." He also worked on the video for John Mayer's "Daughters" in 2004.

take care!

SB MahaGuru Colonel

THEN:

Male model Todo Segalla spent much of the video hanging upside down and showing off his ripped torso.

-

NOW:

Todo Segalla transitioned from modeling in the video to acting, with roles in "Law & Order" and "Die Hard: With a Vengeance." He is now a martial arts expert and holds five black belts for different fighting styles. He opened his own training studio called Todo Ryu Dojo.

take care!