Thread: ICC Awards 2012 : Virat Kohli named ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year

A Thinking DrEaMeR...!! Major animesh1402's Avatar

Default ICC Awards 2012 : Virat Kohli named ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year

A Thinking DrEaMeR...!! Major animesh1402's Avatar

COLOMBO: India's Virat Kohli was on Saturday named the ODI Cricketer of the Year at the ICC annual awards function.

Kohli won the award for his consistent performance over the last 12 months during which he amassed runs all over the world and against almost all the countries India played.

During the last one year, Kohli played 31 ODIs and scored 1733 runs at an outstanding average of 66.65, including eight hundreds and six half-centuries.

His highest score was 183, against Pakistan in the Asia Cup.

"I think I have tried to keep things as simple as possible and it's worked for me on the field," Kohli said.

"This year has been a learning curve along the way from the seniors in the team. It's been an all-round effort and I'm very happy to have won this award.

"It's always nice to be recognised by the ICC and it's a great feeling and it's the first time I've won one of these awards and it feels great," he added.

In the 50-over format, Kohli has so far scored 3886 runs from 90 matches at an average of 51.81.

In Test cricket, he has scored 703 runs from 10 matches at an average of 41.35. He has two centuries and five fifties, with 116 being his best.

One Man Army,Ekla Chalo:) Lieutenant General

Sun will rise.?.!

DESTINY STILL ARRIVES! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

deserves it ......nobody has been consistent like him...
    I Hope They Remember You...

The Lone Ranger Lieutenant General rishabhd's Avatar

Default Kohli, Sangakkara sweep major ICC awards

India's Virat Kohli was rewarded for his dream run in the last one year as he was named the ODI Cricketer of the Year, while Kumar Sangakkara walked away with three honours, including the Cricketer of the Year, in the ICC annual awards function in Colombo.
    The Sri Lankan veteran was also named the ICC Test Cricketer of the Year, besides winning the People's Choice Award.
    During the period under consideration, the 23-year-old Kohli, played 31 ODIs and compiled 1,733 runs at an outstanding average of 66.65, including eight centuries and six half-centuries.
    His highest score of 183 came against Pakistan in the Asia Cup on March 18.

The 32-member expert panel preferred Kohli, who beat off competition from his skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Sangakkara and Sri Lanka's pace spearhead Lasith Malinga.
    "I think I have tried to keep things as simple as possible and it's worked for me on the field.
    "This year has been a learning curve along the way from the seniors in the team. It's been an all-round effort and I'm very happy to have won this award," Kohli said upon receiving the award.
    "It's always nice to be recognised by the ICC and it's a great feeling and it's the first time I've won one of these awards and it feels great," the Delhi batsman.

In the 50-over format, Kohli has so far scored 3886 runs from 90 matches at an average of 51.81. In Tests, he has scored 703 runs from 10 matches at an average of 41.35.
    He has two centuries and five fifties, with 116 being his best. In 14 Tests, Sangakkara scored 1,444 runs at an average of 60.16, including five centuries and five half-centuries.
    In addition, he played 37 ODIs, hitting 1,457 runs at 42.85, with three centuries and nine half-centuries. He has also effected 42 dismissals in the ODIs.
    "This is an amazing honour and I've seen the people who have won it before me and the nominees too, to be named alongside them is wonderful," Sangakkara said.
    Sangakkara accepted the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy from ICC President Alan Isaac at a glittering ceremony. "I have to thank all who have supported me, especially my father who always g

In the 50-over format, Kohli has so far scored 3886 runs from 90 matches at an average of 51.81. In Tests, he has scored 703 runs from 10 matches at an average of 41.35.
    He has two centuries and five fifties, with 116 being his best. In 14 Tests, Sangakkara scored 1,444 runs at an average of 60.16, including five centuries and five half-centuries.
    In addition, he played 37 ODIs, hitting 1,457 runs at 42.85, with three centuries and nine half-centuries. He has also effected 42 dismissals in the ODIs.
    "This is an amazing honour and I've seen the people who have won it before me and the nominees too, to be named alongside them is wonderful," Sangakkara said.
    Sangakkara accepted the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy from ICC President Alan Isaac at a glittering ceremony. "I have to thank all who have supported me, especially my father who always g

South Africa batsman Richard Levi won the ICC Twenty20 International Performance of the Year in recognition of his 51-ball 117 not out against New Zealand on February 19.
    He beat competition from Tillakaratne Dilshan, Chris Gayle and Ajantha Mendis. "I don't remember much of the innings but I regularly get reminded of it," he said.
    New Zealand's Daniel Vettori won the Spirit of Cricket Award. During New Zealand's first Test against Zimbabwe in November 2011 in Bulwayo, Zimbabwe required 64 runs with five wickets in hand to win the Test.
    Regis Chakabva played a ball from the New Zealand spinner to mid-on. However, during his follow through Vettori proceeded to get in the way of Malcolm Waller, at the non-striker's end, preventing the Zimbabwean from running.
    Vettori immediately held up his hand to the wicketkeeper, Reece Young, to indicate there had been a collision, accidentally which hindered the non-striker.

Up-and-coming West Indies bowler Sunil Narine was named the Emerging Cricketer of the Year. The 24-year-old off-spinner from Trinidad played in three Tests for the West Indies, claiming 12 wickets at an average 31.50, while in the 15 ODIs he played in he claimed 28 wickets at an average of 18.82.
    Narine beat off competition from Sri Lanka's Dinesh Chandimal, Doug Bracewell of New Zealand and Australia's James Pattinson.
    West Indies' Stafanie Taylor was named the Women's ODI Cricketer of the Year. In the last one year, Taylor played in 13 ODIs for the West Indies scoring 514 runs at the top of the order at average of 46.72, while the off-spinner also claimed 16 wickets at an average of 13.12.
    In the Twenty20 category, England's Sarah Taylor emerged the winner, beating Stafanie, and Australia's Alyssa Healy and Lisa Sthalekar. Wicketkeeper Sarah scored 340 runs in T20Is at an average of 48.57, while also claiming 11 dismissals, including seven stumpings.

Wo Acha Hay Tou Behtar, Bura Hay Tou Bhi Qabool
    Mizaaj-E-Ishq Mein Aib-O-Hunar Dekhe Nahi Jatay...!!!

The Lone Ranger Lieutenant General rishabhd's Avatar

The ninth ICC awards ceremony was held in Colombo, Sri Lanka on 15 September 2012. Award winners were:

• Cricketer of the Year: Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka)
    • Test player of the year: Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka)
    • ODI player of the year: Virat Kohli (India)
    • ICC Emerging player of the year: Sunil Narine (West Indies)
    • Best T20 performance of the year: Richard Levi (South Africa)
    • Spirit of Cricket award: Daniel Vettori (New Zealand)
    • ICC Associate player of the year: George Dockrell (Ireland)
    • Umpire of the year: Kumar Dharmasena (Sri Lanka)
    • Women's Cricketer of the Year: Stafanie Taylor (West Indies)
    • LG people's choice award: Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka)

• World Test XI: Alastair Cook (Eng), Hashim Amla (SA), Kumar Sangakkara (SL), Jacques Kallis (SA), Michael Clarke (Aus, captain), Shivnarine Chanderpaul (WI), Matt Prior (Eng - wicket-keeper), Stuart Broad (Eng), Saeed Ajmal (Pak), Vernon Philander (SA), Dale Steyn (SA),12th Man : AB de Villiers (SA)

• World one-day XI: Gautam Gambhir (Ind), Alastair Cook (Eng), Kumar Sangakkara (SL), Virat Kohli (Ind), MS Dhoni (Ind, captain, wicket-keeper), Michael Clarke (Aus), Shahid Afridi (Pak), Morne Morkel (SA), Steven Finn (Eng), Lasith Malinga (SL), Saeed Ajmal (Pak), 12th Man: Shane Watson (Aus)
    Wo Acha Hay Tou Behtar, Bura Hay Tou Bhi Qabool
    Mizaaj-E-Ishq Mein Aib-O-Hunar Dekhe Nahi Jatay...!!!