View Poll Results: What do you think, who should go?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Virender Sehwag

8 53.33%
  • Zaheer Khan

8 53.33%
  • Yuvraj Singh

2 13.33%
  • Gautam Gambhir

4 26.67%
  • Irfan Pathan

2 13.33%
  • Harbhajan Singh

3 20.00%
  • Rohit Sharma

9 60.00%
  • Mahendra Singh Dhoni

6 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to think about the future of some senior players in T20s

Bullet Raja Major General Gudu Gudu Returns's Avatar

Viru ko toh rehna mangta, first ball pe boundary, four maarta, sabki bas ki baat nahi he yeh

HALLA BOL Field Marshal amitsush's Avatar

rohit ko bahar karo...........
    I WILL LOOK FOR U
    I WILL FIND U AND
    I WILL BAN U

One Man Army,Ekla Chalo:) Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by veeru paaji View Post
    virendra shawag = Laparwah styple of playing old formula

Dhoni = mitti ko sona banana kabliyat hoti hai, luck nahi......acchha time gaya
    india africa match ke toss haarne pe dhoni ne kya kaha tha shayd sabko yaad hoga......aadha match pahle hi haar gaye now we have no strategy

Zaheer = lagta hai jaise khud se hi fight kar raha hai.....no team spirit in ground

gambhir = iske liye sirf
    1 aisa player jo sirf bat kar sakta hai aur agar wo bhi na kar paaye to bekaar hai

rohit sharma = iske baare me poora desh jaanta hai

voted all 5
    ....achha hai vpg..
    sabke liye
    Sun will rise.?.!

A Thinking DrEaMeR...!! Major animesh1402's Avatar

i will talk only about T-20 team...

and about the players mentioned here i feel its time to say goodbye to Sehwag, Zaheer and Harbhajan Singh.... reasons:

1. Virender Sehwag: his carefree attitude has taken a toll on his own batting form. "longer u stay with such an attitude in international cricket more are the chances of opposition team figuring out the loop holes in ur style" this is the lesson he should learn in a real hard way. Look when he plays from Daredevils in IPL... hw much responsibility he shows then... but when it comes to national side i have rarely seen a responsible and reliable sehwag. kick him out of T-20... if he still doesnt improve his style and methods.. time to say goodbye from one days and tests too.

2. Zaheer khan: The man has done a lot for india. the lone ranger in indian pace department for a long time but there comes an end to everything. in zaheer's case it seems the end has come a couple of years early then anticipated. he is 33 and he should understand that its time to move on. i think its best that he himself part ways from T-20 just the way Sachin,Dravid and Ganguly did in 2007. He can play a couple of years more in tests simply because we rely on him heavily for taking wickets and he delievers most of the time too, but in T-20s wickets are as important as economy rate and thats the area of concern for him now a days.

3. Harbhajan Singh: with due respect to all bhajji fans here i would say i hv never seen him as a great bowler that he is been told. he played well under the shadows of Anil kumble. Kumble will keep the opposition in pressure and that will benefit harbhajan... this was the story as long as kumble was dere.. but after he left... hv never seen harbhajan taking a step ahead and taking the responsibilities. its time that he should be left to work on his game in domestic cricket... jus like irfan pathan was treated. a couple of good county games can not be the reason for a comeback in national side... work hard, deliever in domestic cricket and then come do the talking bhajji... i would love to see the fiery sardar in action then....
    Winning !s not Everything... it's the ONLY thing..!!!

___ Sa'aB™ ___ Field Marshal DesiCasanova's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by animesh1402 View Post
    i will talk only about T-20 team...

and about the players mentioned here i feel its time to say goodbye to Sehwag, Zaheer and Harbhajan Singh.... reasons:

1. Virender Sehwag: his carefree attitude has taken a toll on his own batting form. "longer u stay with such an attitude in international cricket more are the chances of opposition team figuring out the loop holes in ur style" this is the lesson he should learn in a real hard way. Look when he plays from Daredevils in IPL... hw much responsibility he shows then... but when it comes to national side i have rarely seen a responsible and reliable sehwag. kick him out of T-20... if he still doesnt improve his style and methods.. time to say goodbye from one days and tests too.

2. Zaheer khan: The man has done a lot for india. the lone ranger in indian pace department for a long time but there comes an end to everything. in zaheer's case it seems the end has come a couple of years early then anticipated. he is 33 and he should understand that its time to move on. i think its best that he himself part ways from T-20 just the way Sachin,Dravid and Ganguly did in 2007. He can play a couple of years more in tests simply because we rely on him heavily for taking wickets and he delievers most of the time too, but in T-20s wickets are as important as economy rate and thats the area of concern for him now a days.

3. Harbhajan Singh: with due respect to all bhajji fans here i would say i hv never seen him as a great bowler that he is been told. he played well under the shadows of Anil kumble. Kumble will keep the opposition in pressure and that will benefit harbhajan... this was the story as long as kumble was dere.. but after he left... hv never seen harbhajan taking a step ahead and taking the responsibilities. its time that he should be left to work on his game in domestic cricket... jus like irfan pathan was treated. a couple of good county games can not be the reason for a comeback in national side... work hard, deliever in domestic cricket and then come do the talking bhajji... i would love to see the fiery sardar in action then....
    what about rohit sharma ..kitne mauke doge???
    ╰დ╮LovEPOWER ╭დ╯

Quote Originally Posted by DesiCasanova View Post
    rohit ko NCA me practice karna chahiye..tiwary,rahane and pujara ko ODI,T-20 me chance milna chahiye
    Sun will rise.?.!

DESTINY STILL ARRIVES! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

Vir andar se bhaag

No Hit Besharma

Jao Tum Gambhir

I Hope They Remember You...

A Thinking DrEaMeR...!! Major animesh1402's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesiCasanova View Post
    well Rohit sharma is a different and very complex issue... i feel most of the time he is being made a scapegoat... and i do agree that his current form has added to the woes... leave alone helping his cause..!!!
    yes he has got number of chances and to some extent its unfair to other batsmen like manoj tiwary, murli vijay or rahane....
    but what most of the people fails to see is his achievements(smaller may be but not insignificant) his form at west indies and a couple of home series was too good but right then he was dropped of the team coz so called senior players wanted a come back.... how would that effect on a mental state of a player?? ok cricket is a cruel game and with that kind of cut throat competition all around its fair to some extent and that is what he needs to understand and carry on with his natural game... thats where he is lacking... self motivation...!!!
    Winning !s not Everything... it's the ONLY thing..!!!

Quote Originally Posted by animesh1402 View Post
    well Rohit sharma is a different and very complex issue... i feel most of the time he is being made a scapegoat... and i do agree that his current form has added to the woes... leave alone helping his cause..!!!
    yes he has got number of chances and to some extent its unfair to other batsmen like manoj tiwary, murli vijay or rahane....
    but what most of the people fails to see is his achievements(smaller may be but not insignificant) his form at west indies and a couple of home series was too good but right then he was dropped of the team coz so called senior players wanted a come back.... how would that effect on a mental state of a player?? ok cricket is a cruel game and with that kind of cut throat competition all around its fair to some extent and that is what he needs to understand and carry on with his natural game... thats where he is lacking... self motivation...!!!
    we can not say him young player..he played al most 100 matches and he is in international scenario for 5 years..so he is a senior player.
    since last year,he is an integral part of the team..even gambhir,sachin and viru was rested for him..bt rohit got his chances in the name of young talent and a good fielder ..
    he got sufficient chances ,batted at no 4 or 5 most of the time..but never utilise the opportunity ..
    cricket needs three things-technique,talent, temperament..rohit has not the 3rd one,which is frequently said by Akash chopra and sanjay manjrekar..
    he has given his wicket by playing some idiotic and lazy shorts..very egoistic,lazy in playing,lazy in foot movement in crease..
    Last edited by suryasuman89; 06-10-2012 at 06:49 PM.
    Sun will rise.?.!

rohit statistic in odi(2011-12,after wc)
    24(m),5(not out),726(runs),38.21(avg)..

remove the 10 matches against west indies(one of the weak bowling side)
    14(m),1(no),164(runs),12.61(avg)
    Sun will rise.?.!

what about dunchan fletcher uncle?/
    Eighteen months, eight humbling Test losses and 12 ODI defeats ..
    defensive approach and not able to properly utilise the young talents ..
    Sun will rise.?.!