Thread: Parents dont like my husband

Unregistered

Default Parents dont like my husband

Hi, I am 25 Female. I got married 1 year back. it was love cum arranged. things got fixed in 3 months only. Problem is, first few months, we were all too busy but lately i have baan notice that my parents dont like my husband. they want him more polished, more matured. he is decant, responsible guy and keeps me happy. i dont want him to change. but couse of parents pressure, i feel like i nagging at him. this causing problems between me & him. My parents are not wrong, but my husband has right to change whenever he feels like changing. noone should be force him. he never asked me to change.
    please help, i feel like i am loosing mind.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Yes, parents do tend to exert pressure in subtle ways actually. But you know, you are realising that and now that you are aware of it, you can keep a watchful eye on how you behave with your husband. Don't let their expectations impact your relationship or behaviour with your husband.

These are times of adjustment- so keep things in perspective. No need to bend over backwards for anyone. You have a life to live and you should do it the best you can. Be mature- you have a new relationship to nourish now, but you don't want to lose out on your relationship with your parents either.

Banned Major General

oye hoye,

kya bolrahi he tu?

polish jute ko kiya jaata he,

husband ko nahi,

waise pyaar wala chakkar he, thodi unko bhi bolo ki wohi adjust shudjast karle

waise kare toh tumhari bhi thaat bani rahegi

well,what you are trying to do is manipulate your husband according to your need,well you husband aint a robot,so discuss this thing with your husband and see how he responds,if you are happy with him why create nuisance?

New Born

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi, I am 25 Female. I got married 1 year back. it was love cum arranged. things got fixed in 3 months only. Problem is, first few months, we were all too busy but lately i have baan notice that my parents dont like my husband. they want him more polished, more matured. he is decant, responsible guy and keeps me happy. i dont want him to change. but couse of parents pressure, i feel like i nagging at him. this causing problems between me & him. My parents are not wrong, but my husband has right to change whenever he feels like changing. noone should be force him. he never asked me to change.
    please help, i feel like i am loosing mind.
    well, this totally between you n your hubby.
    Tell him in a very light mood( may be when u r in bed with him), understand what he says on this but never force him.
    Use your brain to convince your parents as well.

Age of Ultron Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

Its simple.......dont listen to your parents......
    There are no strings on me!!

Banned

Look it was a love marriage could be deep inside your parents were not happy with this marriage.... thats why they are bahaving like this. just remember that over interference of parents in a couple's life will just break the couple apart. If you are happy with your hubby then you should not nag him... In fact you should be more happy that he keep you happy because nowadays divorce is the case everywhere!!