SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF LACK OF GROUNDING
Many who need grounding and centering are unaware of their need for it.
To see if you are in need of grounding and centering, here is a short quiz:
1. Do you find yourself taking on more than you can handle? Grounding and centering has much to do with understanding your limits and boundaries. Ungrounded people are often unclear about these.
2. Do you find yourself stressed often? Taking on too much and avoiding areas of life you prefer not to look at creates stress – often extreme stress.
3. Do you engage in activities and/or thoughts that could be ways to escape the unpleasant parts of your life? These can be obvious escapes like alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, loud music or unhealthy sex. However, they can be subtle or socially acceptable diversions such as too much shopping or excessive attention to family, friends or pets. They can include any preoccupation or activity that mainly serves to distract a person from other areas of life that are not working well, or that you would rather not deal with, or that you do not know how to approach.
4. Do you have trouble earning a living, or interacting with others to get what you need to live, or working with others in jobs or similar situations? This can be a subtle sign that one is ungrounded or uncentered.
5. Do you have trouble in the sexual arena? By trouble, I mean confusion, getting involved with people who do not really love you, promiscuity, pornography, prostitution, horror or other imbalances in this area.
6. Do you find yourself easily shaken, disturbed, distracted or forgetting your tasks at hand when others are around? This is another common sign of a lack of grounding and centering.