Thread: Married but still can't stop thinking about my ex

Unregistered

Default Married but still can't stop thinking about my ex

So, here I am married to a great man for 3 years..and I still can't stop thinking about my ex. I even have to admit that on the day I got married as I walked down that aisle I was still thinking of him. The man everyone said was no good for me and forced out of my mind, and life. I havent seen him in over 5 years yet he is still in my mind. What do I do about this? I've thought maybe I just need to apologize for I don't know what to him so I can forget. But then I remember if I see him then I know I will feel THAT feeling once more and I might be more even more restless than I started.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Well, the only answer that I have for you is that you will simply HAVE to stop thinking about your ex and what could-have -been if you want a happy marriage. Don't, please rock the boat or you may well fall into the deep end. Things that did not happen are always more desirable than what came easily, but were your wish to come true, you may find yourself in real trouble.
    So, get involved in what IS rather than thoughts of the past.

It is human to think about the past. Things that made you happy or sad. I guess out of sight out of mind is not necessarily the truth always. You will only lose the present happiness if you go looking for the past thats over and wasnt exactly lifelong, which is quite evident since you took the plunge and married someone else as well. If things were rosy you wouldnt have done that.

Only think of it as a memory and nothing else.

If you are even 1% shameless as my ex i guess you will lead a happy life! Not only that she kept me waiting for 11 years and then back stabbed me, she can firmly justify that she did nothing wrong! ah well.. karma :-)

Banned Major General

Somethings are meant to be that way, not in our life, gone forever. Remember jurassic park? Trying bringing ur ex back in mood and in any form into ur life will only create chaos. Then it will be screaming, running, dying.

Banned Major General

Somethings are meant to be that way, not in our life, gone forever. Remember jurassic park? Trying bringing ur ex back in mood and in any form into ur life will only create chaos. Then it will be screaming, running, dying.