Thread: Uncle's damning text messages

Unregistered

Default Uncle's damning text messages

I am 23 y old male nd i have caught my uncle cheating on my aunt by reading his text messages, have ample proof, and even confronted him, but he is still in denial mode saying the girl is depressed and is not even revealing the identity of the woman who is married as well!! What shd i do nw, shd i tell everythng to my mom??? I have no1 else to share dis issue with, can't even share with parents... My aunt has no children and treats me as her son and i can't bear any fraud done to her... Plz help...

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

I believe that telling your mother may be an option. However, if your uncle says that he wants to put and end to this or you feel that he may not continue with his liaison with the lady, then hold your horses for a while. You can have another talk with him and explain that extra marital relationships are not conducive to good family bonding. If he agrees to put an end to it, and you are convinced that he will, then fine- but if you feel that he will not do as he says, then tell your mother.

On the other hand, just telling your mother is fine too- she can deal with it on an adult to adult basis.

You have no right to judge anyone or enter anyone elses happy life. If your aunt n uncle are living happily let things take their own course. Since your uncle is in denial mode, matters might only escalate for worse.

Telling your mom wont turn any tables. She too will only confront him with her sister which wont solve any purpose since your uncle is in a denial mode. Confronting him as a family might be an option but keeping this secret from your uncle while the whole family knows it might be tough.

By "Whole Family", I only mean the near n dear ones.

Banned Major General

What is there to get caught?

Some one sends sms, you reply back, only messages are exchanged, not kisses.

Texting does not amount to cheating.

Waise bhi, dusron ke mamle mein jo padta hain, khaaskar inn type ke chakkar mein ki resolve karoon, help karoon, its quite a bad idea.

Woh dono suljhalenge jo bhi he difrences, villan tum banjaoge.

Better stay away from such people.

Woh suna nahi, bura mat dekho, bura mat kaho, bura mat suno.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am 23 y old male nd i have caught my uncle cheating on my aunt by reading his text messages, have ample proof, and even confronted him, but he is still in denial mode saying the girl is depressed and is not even revealing the identity of the woman who is married as well!! What shd i do nw, shd i tell everythng to my mom??? I have no1 else to share dis issue with, can't even share with parents... My aunt has no children and treats me as her son and i can't bear any fraud done to her... Plz help...