Thread: Cross Border Love

Unregistered

Default Cross Border Love

Hello Preeto mam,

U have always answered to all queries with a great insight n Salute for that Mam . Here i am with my query hope to get an answer to it .

I am 26 yrs female born n brought up in Mumbai and doing a MNC job . i am the only child of my parents . I am in love with a guy who is settled in Dubai from past 10 years but the problem is he is from Pakistan . But in this 10 years he has never visited pakistan. Now he wants to come to India to talk to my parents for Marriage as we plan to settle in Dubai . Can anyone in the forum help with the procedures , complications . His all documents are clear and nothing misconduct or records .

Hope for a reply

Thank You everyone for your time

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

I really don't think there should be any issue with that- people belonging to different countries and races get married all the time. The best would be if you ask a lawyer if there are some formalities that could need to be completed.

New Born

May be, ask Sania for advise and guidance. Sania who - arey, apne Mirza uncle ki beti :P

Jokes apart, if you plan to get married in Dubai, it doesnt matter which nationalities you are.
    But am not sure if you want to get married in India or Pakistan. In that case, as Preeto Maam suggested, seek guidance from lawyers of respective states.

All the very best and have a successful marriage ahead. (I hope the families don't create any troubles)

That's great.You shouldn't be worried about society,religion and all that nonsense. Convince your parents and if they are open minded , they will definitely understand you, even if they don't you should go ahead with this marriage if you believe in your partner.Because ultimately its you who have to live your entire life with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello Preeto mam,

U have always answered to all queries with a great insight n Salute for that Mam . Here i am with my query hope to get an answer to it .

I am 26 yrs female born n brought up in Mumbai and doing a MNC job . i am the only child of my parents . I am in love with a guy who is settled in Dubai from past 10 years but the problem is he is from Pakistan . But in this 10 years he has never visited pakistan. Now he wants to come to India to talk to my parents for Marriage as we plan to settle in Dubai . Can anyone in the forum help with the procedures , complications . His all documents are clear and nothing misconduct or records .

Hope for a reply

Based on the personal experience of one of my female friend who got married to a guy from Pakistan, I would recommend you to cross check below information well in advance.

1. Paki guys are defamed for their white lies i.e. they will not disclose even if they are married and have kids.
    2. Since Islam permits more than 1 wives they are on constant prowl to hook other women for marriage.
    3. He can settle in Dubai as long as he has work permit, may god forbid if anything wrong goes he has to move out and thus either you work here and sponsor him or be prepared to move to Pakistan which is not less than hell owing to worst political conditions (narrated by my Paki friend who lives in Karachi and one in Lahore)
    4. I do understand your emotions and would discourage you from marrying a person from Pakistan especially a Guy.

Nothing is exaggerated here so its better to be cautious than sorry later.

Good wishes and god bless.

SB Champion Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello Preeto mam,

Hope for a reply

You are better off to consult with is the imigration office.