Thread: Uninsured driver who disabled horse rider while talking on mobile phone escapes jail

Bullet Raja Brigadier General Gudu Gudu Returns's Avatar

Default Uninsured driver who disabled horse rider while talking on mobile phone escapes jail

Uninsured driver who disabled horse rider while talking on mobile phone escapes jail

Dean Lee escaped jail today after hitting and killing a horse while driving without insurance and using his mobile phone

A speeding motorist who killed a horse and seriously injured the rider while talking on his mobile phone has walked free from court.

Horse-lover Lynn Graham's life was "utterly destroyed" when a 23-year-old uninsured motorist ploughed into them both in February.

The 53-year-old suffered a broken neck, punctured lung, fractured pelvis, three broken ribs and a dislocated shoulder as a result of Dean Lee's "atrocious" driving.

Mrs Graham's beloved horse, Friendly, died while paramedics rushed to the scene.

Lee pleaded guilty to driving without insurance, to driving without due care and attention and to using a hand-held mobile phone while driving.

His victim, who was accompanied to Gloucester magistrates court by her uncle Brian Gardiner, broke down in tears when prosecuting solicitor Louise Pinder described the accident.

"It was around midday when another motorist saw the defendant driving a Volvo at between 50 and 60mph, in excess of the speed limit and Minchamptom Common, Gloucestershire , and clearly talking on his mobile phone," said Ms Pinder.

She told the court that Ms Graham now walks with a crutch, cannot do her own hair, or dress or shower herself.

Victim: Linda Graham was hit by Lee

"She said, in a victim's statement, that the accident has robbed her of her standard of life."

Graham Wallis, defending, said: "My client tenders his deep remorse and apologies to the victim.

"As a van driver, if banned then he will lose his job.

"Any compensation will be subject to separate civil proceedings."

Chairman of the bench Andrew Hedges told Thomas: "Your driving on that day was atrocious - you were driving at speed and while using a mobile phone. As a man who drives for a living you should have known better."

Lee was banned from driving for 12 months, fined a total of £500, ordered to take an extended driving test at the end of his ban and to pay prosecution costs of £60.

After the case Lee made no comment, but Lynn Graham said: "He has taken my life away and my good horse."

Default Bribe to Traffic Inspector for speaking over mobile phone while riding

PAID
    Amount : 60
    City : Bangalore
    Date : 2010-09-19
    Office/ Department : Police
    Transaction : Traffic violations

It was Sunday morning around 11:30 a.m.

I was stopped near South end traffic signal ie ********** school entrance for riding two wheeler and talking over mobile phone.

I politely stopped. Two traffic constables and one two star traffic inspector told I am not suppose to use or talk mobile phone while riding.

I said ok fine and sorry about it.

They asked for my
    Driving License
    Emission Test
    Insurance
    RC book

I produced them to the inspector. He throughly checked and found everything was fine and gave me back all the documents.

After this the trouble started. He asked me to pay Rs. 400 as fine for talking on mobile phone while riding two wheeler.

I said it is Rs. 100 fine and Rs. 400 is not justified.
    Below is the details.

Holding / using Mobile Phone while Driving / riding a Vehicle
    Section 230 (A) KMVR R/W Sec 177, I.M.V Act
    Fine Rs. 100/-

The inspector said he will have to book me under rash and reckless riding. I started to laugh and said. You stopped me for talking on mobile phone while riding and now you are telling I was riding rash and reckless. Infact my hero honda splendor was doing just 30 kmph while I was talking on mobile phone and the road was almost empty as it was Sunday.

The inspector then said I will have to pay Rs. 400 else my bike will be Seized.

I then decided it was useless in arguing to the traffic inspector and I clearly told him I am not going to pay Rs. 400.

Mean while I got a phone call on my mobile and I continued talking to my friend for about 10 to 15 minutes while my bike locked next to the traffic inspector.

Once I was done with the phone call, the traffic inspector called me and told me to give as much money as I can. Now the ball was in my court and I said I can give Rs. 50/- The inspector said to give at least Rs. 100/-

Initially when I said the fine was Rs. 100/- he argued and wanted Rs. 400 and I was not ready to give Rs. 100/-

I pulled Rs. 50 from my purse and along with it Rs. 10 also came by and in a hurry the traffic inspector grabbed Rs. 60/-

Default Bullock Cart driver "caught" talking on mobile phone while riding at 2 kmph

Bullock Cart driver "caught" talking on mobile phone while riding at 2 kmph

On State Highway 47 between Mandya and Melkote. Tried warning him about the danger of talking on the phone like that while driving, and then realised that he was already 100m behind

L