Thread: Don't wanna reveal about how I met gf

New Born

Default Don't wanna reveal about how I met gf

Hello friends and Preeto Ma'm,

I met a girl last year in yahoo chatrooms and we are in a serious relationship now and we are planning to get married in near future. I don't feel comfortable in telling people that we met in yahoo chatrooms and even we don't wanna tell our parents that we met there.. instead we want to tell some other story but we can't figure out what to say when they ask about how we met. We both live in different states here in USA. I know most of the readers of this thread will ask me why I am not comfortable in telling the truth to the world about how I met her.. but I have no answer.. I simply don't feel comfortable with that. So I am requesting you guys to give me some suggestions here.

Please help me. Thanks.

see u met her in virtual world thats why u dont feel comfortable to share it
    with anyone that how u both met bt whatever u can say one day they will get to know it
    that hw u both met coz watever u can say u will not b able to hide it so if u will be
    clear to your family from starting about her and let her meet your parents then there will be
    no probs in your relationship coz u will be clear bt if u will hide this things then may b the probs can arise
    and if u both are compatible and love each other then no one will make probs coz u both are hapy and want to be with each other
    and i think if u r both serious then its nt a big issue.being clear and true from starting will work for both of u cz hiding
    things from family will also b a prob.God bless u
    Every time I hear your voice, I hear another reason to keep
    you forever -

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi! Yes, i do understand why you would be a bit uncomfortable with that, even though its worked out for both of you- because most times one hears more strange stories about chatroom associations than positive ones.
    I don't however think that the reality of your relationship would be affected by the way you met- different strokes for different folks you know. My suggestion would be to be upfront about it. If you want to make up a story, then you both are the best people to decide what would suit best.

Deep down you think that such social networking sites and chatrooms are a lame meeting points. You need to get out of that. Its lamer if you think about your meeting place than your actual relationship.

Your meeting story unlike publicized as a huge deal in romantic comedy movies and tv series is nothing but a story. People will go home and eat food and sleep and work and move on and so should you.

New Born

Thanks Guys. From the replies so far, I see that you really understand my situation. I know that the best thing is to tell the truth as I don't have to say more lies to protect the one lie. I will leave it on the time to decide whether I tell a false story, or tell the truth etc. I just posted this query here because I have seen many people giving wonderful suggestions to others here and I wanted to see if anyone can come up with something for me too

..Yaar Patialavi.. Lieutenant-Colonel a_decent_1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plur View Post
    Hello friends and Preeto Ma'm,

I met a girl last year in yahoo chatrooms and we are in a serious relationship now and we are planning to get married in near future. I don't feel comfortable in telling people that we met in yahoo chatrooms and even we don't wanna tell our parents that we met there.. instead we want to tell some other story but we can't figure out what to say when they ask about how we met. We both live in different states here in USA. I know most of the readers of this thread will ask me why I am not comfortable in telling the truth to the world about how I met her.. but I have no answer.. I simply don't feel comfortable with that. So I am requesting you guys to give me some suggestions here.

Please help me. Thanks.
    Brother,
    I actually agree that you should never tell the REAL story to anyone.

I personally believe desperate people Date online, others have a life. Trust me, there are many like me out there who believe the same and would look down upon you.

You can say that she was a Common Friend of one of your Good Friends.
    Which Good Friend..? Name any who is not in contact with you anymore.
    Just say, she was good friends with your friend and met you once or twice and then you befriended her on FB, took her number and boom.. !!

G'day
    ABB KI BAAR ...
    ... Badi Garmi hai yaar !

Banned

just tell them we met in a online matromanial site ,much sober n legit .

New Born

1. You guys met on a air journey.
    2. You offered her your umbrella on a rainy day. And you guys were accidently bumping into each others (this would work if you both live/work in the same area)
    3. Common friends theory.
    4. If you both work in same industry category, then - one of you belong to client company and one to the server one :P

I am sure you can now imagine numerous such fake ideas. And am quite sure, you might one fine day, after few years would take fun in declaring that you guys met in a chat room.

New Born

Thanks guys for the replies so far..

The Game is ON !!!! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

you need to tell the truth only.......coz if you lie now, you will be saved....but later you would be in trouble. When you lie, what happens is that you don't actually remember it coz it didnt actually happened. You make up a story and remember it temporarily. So when a lot of people would ask this story, you would tell them the fake story + some more different fake facts which you didn't plan to tell but actually told it coz you didn't remember the entire fake story.

So everybody would know a different story and one day, you'll get caught. So that is why you always tell the truth.
    NOW YOU SEE ME
    Now you don't

Bullet Raja Brigadier General Gudu Gudu Returns's Avatar

Tell as is, kal koi problem ho, toh u be safe.

Now a days lot many ppl meet online and get on from there. No problems. Tell as is.

New Born

Quote Originally Posted by plur View Post
    Hello friends and Preeto Ma'm,I met a girl last year in yahoo chatrooms and we are in a serious relationship now and we are planning to get married in near future. I don't feel comfortable in telling people that we met in yahoo chatrooms and even we don't wanna tell our parents that we met there.. instead we want to tell some other story but we can't figure out what to say when they ask about how we met. We both live in different states here in USA. I know most of the readers of this thread will ask me why I am not comfortable in telling the truth to the world about how I met her.. but I have no answer.. I simply don't feel comfortable with that. So I am requesting you guys to give me some suggestions here. Please help me. Thanks.
    Tell the truth. Be modern... meeting girlfriend in cyberworld is not something embarassing. Its the future of relationships, everything is going to internet - dating, love, even strong ur data

New Born

Default tell the truth

i am agree with

a_decent_1
    second option- tell the truth.

If you love each other so much and you want to get married... then you try to introduce your gf to your family slowly.. I mean while talking to them at home, you can make them aware that you love someone.. then slowly talk about her at home frequently... then slowly you try to make your parents meet her.. let your parents realise by themselves that you are made for each other..they themselves would come to the marriage topic.. its like that things will work.. don"t go directly to your parents and " i love a girl, we met through the net" it looks odd.. then later when its official between the both family, then you can tell them the truth....