Thread: Shocked by my in laws attitude

Unregistered

Default Shocked by my in laws attitude

Hello everyone...i am Ishita from Mumbai....i am married and its been a little more then 5 years.....my husband and i am having poor relations since past 2 years.....reason is that he left our home i mean my in laws home and left to live in with a girl whom he fell in love before our marriage and he hid it from me and my parents....he married under pressure....but left me after 10 months of our marriage......his parents said he will come back n blah blah

But it never happened and today its been more then 4 years that i am just waiting for him to return....i talked to him many times and he says he does not love me but i am his responsibility and he will take my expenses....this thing hurted me and i slapped him in front of his parents as my frustration was out of proportion as this thing hurted me....what expenses will he take care of....i asked him before his parents that was this the reason he married me to take care of my monetary issues....i said that i earn good enough to take care of his family and his younger brother who is preparing for college entrance.

I told him to get lost and at least free me and divorce me if he can not come and live with me and live a normal married life which i am deprived of since 4 years.. He has not spent time with me since 4 years and i warned him to either leave me or i will take action.

I thought his parents will support me but when we reached home they blasted me and said i was so cheap and derogatory...they said how could i think of divorce and am i involved with some other men in office or what is reason and said he can easily help his brother as he is the child of this home and i can not stop him.

I am shocked by this attitude of my in laws , i expected them to support me and not question me or my character, i thought that they take me as their daughter....his brother takes me as his sister but they all questioned me and my morals.

I feel all my emotions of past 4 years i lived for these 3 people my parents in law and brother in law. and in return i get this from them. I want them to respect me for my decision as i want to live a life of a normal girl .

Very next day my great husband called me and said that how dare i think of divorce and talked to his parents like that. He said he will divorce me but i need to be sorry to his parents.

I did not say sorry as i think i was not wrong anywhere. He said i am being adamant and jealous of his life and success. Madam what should i do now. Should i be sorry to his parents and brother for saying that i want to remarry and want a divorce , for how long i need to live this sick life of no love , if yes then please tell me for what i need to say sorry.

One word - Divorce!

Get a good lawyer. Take this to court. This is mental harassment/ cheating/ Infidelity and morally reprehensible.
    Make sure you get good compensation/ alimony.

Hum Banarasi.......... Colonel Ankhi_sena_mun's Avatar

You are right and they are wrong and Selfish.... get out while you can.... or do you want to become like Anandi (with money)... if you are as independent and self reliant as you claim.... get out of this!!!!

♥ fєmmє fαtαlє ♥ Major Sweet Mimi's Avatar

They are selfish........ i really felt your pain.... because i know how tough this is.... its a situation where you r being punished for nothing.. 4 yrs?? you been waiting for too long..

and what the hell r they talking about morals?? in this case even if you think of moving on, its not wrong... because you have waited already too much...

They are being blinded... And am so happy you slapped him, he deserved that!!!

now get on the way to get divorce and make sure you get a good sum of alimony.. your case is strong enough!

He didnt had right also to ruin your life like this.... and when he told you, how dare you think about divorce you should have asked him how dare you ruin my life by marrying me and then living with another woman?

may god bless you, and make your future a lot better with hapiness!

his ego might also hurt that you are seeking for divorce.... so show him you no more need him in life and get away from this stupid relationship!
    I'm a shhh girl
    Loving me could be a crime

Bullet Raja Brigadier General Gudu Gudu Returns's Avatar

You seem to be the women of the 60s.

498a, DV act sabhi tumhare liye toh bani he, case karo. Tumhare pati ka pagalpan ka daura immediate utarjayega.

Divorce ke liye apply abhi mat karna.

Pehle 498a.

Then DV act mein case.

Chehh saat saal aise hi guzar jayenge.

Beech mein tum kissi aur se livin relationship karlena.

Alimony bhi milti rahegi.

Aur masti mein rahogi.

Saat saal baad, appeal, re appeal, set aside yeh woh sab hoyeke baad, divorce ke liye apply karna, teen chaaar saal uskeliye bhi lag jayenge.

tab jaake ek din divorce dena.

Warna how will ur husband understand what you have undergone for the past 4 years?

Case karna. Accha vakil dhoondna jo shaitaan ka dusri aulad ke barabar ho.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello everyone...i am Ishita from Mumbai....i am married and its been a little more then 5 years.....my husband and i am having poor relations since past 2 years.....reason is that he left our home i mean my in laws home and left to live in with a girl whom he fell in love before our marriage and he hid it from me and my parents....he married under pressure....but left me after 10 months of our marriage......his parents said he will come back n blah blah

But it never happened and today its been more then 4 years that i am just waiting for him to return....i talked to him many times and he says he does not love me but i am his responsibility and he will take my expenses....this thing hurted me and i slapped him in front of his parents as my frustration was out of proportion as this thing hurted me....what expenses will he take care of....i asked him before his parents that was this the reason he married me to take care of my monetary issues....i said that i earn good enough to take care of his family and his younger brother who is preparing for college entrance.

I told him to get lost and at least free me and divorce me if he can not come and live with me and live a normal married life which i am deprived of since 4 years.. He has not spent time with me since 4 years and i warned him to either leave me or i will take action.

I thought his parents will support me but when we reached home they blasted me and said i was so cheap and derogatory...they said how could i think of divorce and am i involved with some other men in office or what is reason and said he can easily help his brother as he is the child of this home and i can not stop him.

I am shocked by this attitude of my in laws , i expected them to support me and not question me or my character, i thought that they take me as their daughter....his brother takes me as his sister but they all questioned me and my morals.

I feel all my emotions of past 4 years i lived for these 3 people my parents in law and brother in law. and in return i get this from them. I want them to respect me for my decision as i want to live a life of a normal girl .

Very next day my great husband called me and said that how dare i think of divorce and talked to his parents like that. He said he will divorce me but i need to be sorry to his parents.

I did not say sorry as i think i was not wrong anywhere. He said i am being adamant and jealous of his life and success. Madam what should i do now. Should i be sorry to his parents and brother for saying that i want to remarry and want a divorce , for how long i need to live this sick life of no love , if yes then please tell me for what i need to say sorry.

i think you should take severe actions against your in-laws... they are so selfish, so cruel and or maybe short-minded.... they want you to stay there, because you are helping them financially... and for the one you are calling your husband, he's not a man..he ruined your life without any fault of yours... what he did with you is very wrong... and they questioned on your morals and character??? they think you like their beloved son or what????

♡♥☋Ǩ ★☆★ ☾ћiҜ♥♡ Field Marshal sens's Avatar

hi dear girl!!
    stop being naive now.. enough is enough.. 3 yeras is a very long wait..

they are afterall his parents, they will support their son... they are ust trying to accuse u so that u are to be balmed if u go for divorce..

when the main person your husband is not good, why care of his parent's attitude?? afterall thy are his parents..

dont waste your youth on this man.. u ahve already wasted a lot of time..

file for divorce.. meet a lawyer,discuss & go on..

& re marry & be happy..

this man will never come back to you.

its bitter truth.. but it is high time u gte pactical & take charge of your life..

i m so happy to hear u slapped him.. GOOD JOB!!.. aur do char laga do.. uske poore sheher ke saamne..

all the best for your life.. & be strong!!
    Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you and if you are alive they crave for your company.

Hope Springs Eternal.... Brigadier General galaxy_resident's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

I dont know why you had to wait for 4 long years to think of a divorce from a man like your husband! You wasted 4 years of your life, I would say. At least now file for a divorce and get rid of this man. I am also shocked by your in-laws attitude towards you. Instead of putting some sense into their son's head they are shouting at you. They deserve a kick in their balls. Anyways, get a job somewhere and become financially independent and end this mess once and for all. Do not fall for any emotional dramas and remain firm on your decision. Your husband and in-laws might apologize to you and plead you to come back but punish them for ignoring you for so long and proceed with the divorce.
    Communist until you get rich
    Feminist
    until you get married
    Atheist
    until the plane starts falling

I think its stupid of u to be saying i will take care of your parents n brother..........let me tell u one thing dont try to be a great soul........just take a divorce and move on in life............
    Can't imagine cricket without sachin

SB Champion Lieutenant

What are you waiting for file it gal you are waisting your time with all these stupid ****ed up minded people what **** are you waiting for.

Did the above posts help you make a decision? I hope you have got a lawyer by now. If not, then no one can help you.