Thread: Chinese astronauts may grow veg on Moon

♥ek haseena thi♥ Field Marshal basanti<<<'s Avatar

Default Chinese astronauts may grow veg on Moon

BEIJING, Dec. 3 (Xinhua) -- Chinese astronauts may get fresh vegetables and oxygen supplies by gardening in extraterrestrial bases in the future, an official said after a just-concluded lab experiment in Beijing.
    Deng Yibing, deputy director of the Beijing-based Chinese Astronaut Research and Training Center, said that the experiment focused on a dynamic balanced mechanism of oxygen, carbon dioxide, and water between people and plants in a closed system.
    According to Deng, a cabin of 300 cubic meters was established to provide sustainable supplies of air, water and food for two participants during the experiment.
    Four kinds of vegetables were grown, taking in carbon dioxide and providing oxygen for the two people living in the cabin. They could also harvest fresh vegetables for meals, Deng said.
    The experiment, the first of its kind in China, is extremely important for the long-term development of China's manned space program, Deng added.
    The cabin, a controlled ecological life support system (CELSS) built in 2011, is a model of China's third generation of astronauts' life support systems, which is expected to be used in extraterrestrial bases on the Moon or Mars.
    The introduction of a CELSS seeks to provide sustainable supplies of air, water and food for astronauts with the help of plants and algae, instead of relaying on stocks of such basics deposited on board at the outset of the mission.
    Advance forms of CELSS also involve the breeding of animals for meat and using microbes to recycle wastes.
    Scientists from Germany also participated in the experiments.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The Lone Ranger Lieutenant General rishabhd's Avatar

Default China to Grow Veggies on Mars and Moon

Chinese astronauts are planning to grow fresh vegetables on Mars and the moon after researchers successfully completed a preliminary test in Beijing.

Four kinds of vegetables were grown in an “ecological life support system,” a 300 cubic metre cabin which will allow astronauts to develop their own stocks of air, water and food while on space missions, the Daily Mail reported.

The system, which relies on plants and algae, is “expected to be used in extra-terrestrial bases on the moon or Mars,” the report said.

Participants in the experiment could “harvest fresh vegetables for meals,” Deng Yibing, a researcher at Beijing’s Chinese Astronaut Research and Training Centre, said.

“Chinese astronauts may get fresh vegetables and oxygen supplies by gardening in extra-terrestrial bases in the future,” the report said, adding that the experiment was the first of its kind in China, although other countries have tested such systems.

China has said it will land an exploratory craft on the moon for the first time next year, as part of an ambitious space programme that includes a long-term plan for a manned moon landing.
    Wo Acha Hay Tou Behtar, Bura Hay Tou Bhi Qabool
    Mizaaj-E-Ishq Mein Aib-O-Hunar Dekhe Nahi Jatay...!!!

teekhi jammu chilli Major General arumita's Avatar

HALLA BOL Field Marshal amitsush's Avatar

abhi kya sabji lene chaand par jana hoga rocket mein baith kar
    I WILL LOOK FOR U
    I WILL FIND U AND
    I WILL BAN U

Bang Bang !! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amitsush View Post
    abhi kya sabji lene chaand par jana hoga rocket mein baith kar
    wahan sabziwale bhi honge ......."ayeeeee moon wale baigan, moon wale mooli lelooooo "
    Arey abhi to Party shuru hui hai

HALLA BOL Field Marshal amitsush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adirocksit View Post
    wahan sabziwale bhi honge ......."ayeeeee moon wale baigan, moon wale mooli lelooooo "
    haan sabji bhaaji ke bahane ghoomna bhi ho jaayega
    I WILL LOOK FOR U
    I WILL FIND U AND
    I WILL BAN U

Rainbow chaser Brigadier General 007RIKY's Avatar

Sahi hai, poori dharti par building banegi to Moon aur mars par hi kheti hogi aab, futuristic
    We never see our real face

It's only images or reflection what we see.