Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss : Money doesn't bring happiness, my foot !

SB MahaGuru Lieutenant-Colonel imperium's Avatar

Default Discuss : Money doesn't bring happiness, my foot !

Sitting around and thinking a thought crossed over my mind...

Assuming you have other needs taken care of, like love and whatnot, money DOES bring happiness. The more money you have, the more freedom you enjoy, to do whatever you want. The more freedom you enjoy, the happier you are, as you don't have to worry about restrictions, be they of material or other nature. Don't know who said it but "I've been rich and I've been poor. Rich is better" seems spot on.

"Money doesn't bring happiness" is possibly the biggest crock in history, right up there with religion. Must've been coined by some rich people, in order to keep laborers happy with their low level of wealth, so they don't try to get rich too.
    A man may show as reckless a courage in entering into the abyss of himself.

SB MahaGuru Lieutenant-Colonel imperium's Avatar

In 2009, Researchers found a powerful link between financial security concerns and satisfaction with one's life.

Talya Miron-Shatz, a postdoctoral research fellow in the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University, said that in a study involving women, those who concentrated much of their thinking on financial matters were much less likely to be happy with their lives.

Contrary to expectations, many of those with such worries had plenty of money by conventional standards, suggesting that there is more at play in obtaining peace of mind than simply having cash, Miron-Shatz said.

"Even if you are making a hundred grand a year, if you are constantly worried that you are going to get fired, that you are going to lose your health insurance or that you are simply not sure you are going to 'make it,' you are not going to be happy," Miron-Shatz said.

These concerns, affected a wide variety of women at all income levels, Miron-Shatz said. Conversely, those who didn't fixate on finances like retirement savings, tuition for college or simply making ends meet, reported being the happiest of the group.
    A man may show as reckless a courage in entering into the abyss of himself.

♥ fєmmє fαtαlє ♥ Major Sweet Mimi's Avatar

I'm sorry, i may sound bad when i say this but am not a hypocrite who will pretend to be the perfect girl... everybody has his or her view...

Neither i feel guilty of this thought of mine because deep inside everybody loves money, simply some admit it, some dont admit it, some who are not enough well off just say money is not important to make themselves happy!!

for me money is important... am not saying other thing is not important because if we dont have health itself then what will we do with money.. but still for me money prevails over other things... Am someone who has been getting all need, dad provided me all comforts... i cant imagine a struggling life!!

I ave tried to change this thought of mine, as this impact on my other personal facets of life.... but i failed to change my mind..... Probably because i never tasted a struggling life!!
    I'm a shhh girl
    Loving me could be a crime

DESTINY STILL ARRIVES! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

Hello Mr. Foot ....some points to note for you.....Money also brings a lot of tension -

1) Tension to make more money....nobody would say I only want 10 crore rupees in my life and then I'm going to stop...dil will always mango more
    2) Tension to protect your money...more money needs more security.......and also you will automatically find ways to not pay tax.....
    3) Hafta ke liye Dubai se phone ayenge...
    4) Money is not permanent......there will be losses (also gain)....but big losses will give you depression....The importance of money itself terminates happiness.
    5) If someone loved you only for your money, you are gonna loose them when you need them most. That is the truth !!

And money doesn't give you freedom....you already have your freedom. You don't have to buy things, just steal them ..you're free
    I Hope They Remember You...

♥ek haseena thi♥ Field Marshal basanti<<<'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adirocksit View Post
    Hello Mr. Foot ....some points to note for you.....Money also brings a lot of tension -

1) Tension to make more money....nobody would say I only want 10 crore rupees in my life and then I'm going to stop...dil will always mango more
    2) Tension to protect your money...more money needs more security.......and also you will automatically find ways to not pay tax.....
    3) Hafta ke liye Dubai se phone ayenge...
    4) Money is not permanent......there will be losses (also gain)....but big losses will give you depression....The importance of money itself terminates happiness.
    5) If someone loved you only for your money, you are gonna loose them when you need them most. That is the truth !!

And money doesn't give you freedom....you already have your freedom. You don't have to buy things, just steal them ..you're free
    1-a person not having money wont have any tension..to earn? there would be matter of survival!
    2-why would he find ways to avoid taxes..he can pay them..
    3-woh kitne percent logon ko ata hai?
    4- ok if someone married you knowing you dont have money [love blind] ,how can you be sure ..if you remain in those financial conditions for long time ..her love wont fade out ?

or you want to say all rich ppl marriages are fake?
    Thank you bala

Bullet Raja Major General Gudu Gudu Returns's Avatar

Default A 9 month old said this !

My foot in your mouth, wanna taste?

It's got Johnson's baby oil on it, smells good, got baby powder too.

Forget about money. My foot in your mouth is important.

I've tasted it myself. It makes me happy and I am all smiles!

It's your turn now

♥ fєmmє fαtαlє ♥ Major Sweet Mimi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by basanti<<< View Post
    1-a person not having money wont have any tension..to earn? there would be matter of survival!
    2-why would he find ways to avoid taxes..he can pay them..
    3-woh kitne percent logon ko ata hai?
    4- ok if someone married you knowing you dont have money [love blind] ,how can you be sure ..if you remain in those financial conditions for long time ..her love wont fade out ?

or you want to say all rich ppl marriages are fake?

Yes i believe in this, because i have seen people dont think about anything, get married and then later you see them fighting over money.... where has the love gone?? under tentions of not having money people forget all!! they forget love...

all people since they are born, their family start prepare them to be at school! what to do at school, to learn, why to learn? to get a job, what to do with job to earn MONEY! everybody lifecycle may start differently all aim at being something in life to have money!!!
    I'm a shhh girl
    Loving me could be a crime

you life can be happi without money if you are content ,and if married both are content,,[middle class]..but can be hell if any one is ambitious and other is not ..
    or you have no time/ brains .. to think that whether you are happy or not..you have one thing in mind earn daily to eat ..nd got drunk nd sleep [labour class]

few ppl accept the fact very early that we have to live like this so chill [lower middle class] but in these some may have ambitions and they know they are not happi ..so they strggle/work hard and reaches to top
    Thank you bala

✿ VILLAIN ✿ Brigadier General Albert Pinto's Avatar
    Dharthi sunehri, amber neela, her mausam rangeela...

Paisa Hai Power...............
    Kuch baat hai ki hasti meet ti nahi hamari
    Sadiyo raha hai dushman daur-e-zamaana hamara

Rainbow chaser Major General

Money.........................

It's a delima, some says it brings freedom, some says it brings liability.

for me, one can not judge money just by his/her own life. I wanted to be a free traveler all through my life, but need of money had pushed me to confined to a defined area. But can I be ever become a traveler without money?? No, as money is needed to fulfill my that wish.

I would say, money can enable you to buy tools of happiness, but it can not buy you the manual to use them, it's totally depends on your choice.
    let it rain over me....

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Mimi View Post

Yes i believe in this, because i have seen people dont think about anything, get married and then later you see them fighting over money.... where has the love gone?? under tentions of not having money people forget all!! they forget love...

all people since they are born, their family start prepare them to be at school! what to do at school, to learn, why to learn? to get a job, what to do with job to earn MONEY! everybody lifecycle may start differently all aim at being something in life to have money!!!
    right! and also it is not necessary you can earn money only by wrong means ..
    you can have that talent ..thts why parent send their kids to school and give good education ..not for degree ..but to realize potential..if your talent does wonders ..money wud follow you. [3 idiots dilog ]..here money is nt giving you satisfaction/happiness but your talent is..
    Thank you bala

Bullet Raja Major General Gudu Gudu Returns's Avatar

What I could make out of what the baby said is...

Money will be gone. You have to keep ****ing even your toes, such are the Times to keep one happy.

One will be left with bare essentials, like ones own foot.

Keep bare essentials good. Money would never matter.

As if one is left to **** on toes, one has to keep em clean!

Quote Originally Posted by Gudu Gudu Returns View Post
    My foot in your mouth, wanna taste?

It's got Johnson's baby oil on it, smells good, got baby powder too.

Forget about money. My foot in your mouth is important.

I've tasted it myself. It makes me happy and I am all smiles!

It's your turn now

yes this is other kind of happiness ..
    Thank you bala

SB Champion Captain silver_surfer's Avatar

i do agree money doesnt buy u happiness.....
    but i would love to cry in a Ferrari than on a bicycle.....

Quote Originally Posted by 007RIKY View Post
    Money.........................

It's a delima, some says it brings freedom, some says it brings liability.

for me, one can not judge money just by his/her own life. I wanted to be a free traveler all through my life, but need of money had pushed me to confined to a defined area. But can I be ever become a traveler without money?? No, as money is needed to fulfill my that wish.

I would say, money can enable you to buy tools of happiness, but it can not buy you the manual to use them, it's totally depends on your choice.
    yes

also it depend on what can make you happy.. if being with family ..makes you happy then you dont need much money..but can bring unhappiest moment too ..when you have to watch them suffering due to lack of money.
    Thank you bala