Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47

Thread: How Wal-Mart got a foot in the door of India's retail market: Reuters

  1. #16
    ..Yaar Patialavi.. Lieutenant-Colonel a_decent_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wanderer
    Posts
    10,522
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ankhi_sena_mun View Post
    depends also on where they are.... Big bazzar is there in fewer than 20 cities.... and their methods are not that all encompassing..... meaning they dont sell many things and other problems are also there.... but wall mart sells everything ... literally....

    I had an update on FB on this.... the prices in wall mart arent low per say.... thay are only low when they are selling expired goods.... even food items expired... (I have seen this myself)

    problem with wall mart is that they kill surrounding shops which big bazaar doesnt do... their main policy is to pay off or be dead to the surrounding shopkeepers (I have seen this also)
    (1) There are more than 200 Big Bazar in India.
    (2) There is a Big Bazar in around 100 cities in India.
    (3) Delhi alone has around 5 Big Bazaars.

    Walmart "DOES NOT SELL" Expired goods.
    If you have ever visited "Best Price", you would never say that.
    Their prices are low because they buy DIRECT FROM THE MANUFACTURER.

    Their Lay's come from Pepsico directly.
    Their Commodities come directly from Farmers.
    Their Maggi come Directly from Nestle.

    No Commission of any sort included.

    G'day
    Miss you Dadaji

  2. #17
    ..Yaar Patialavi.. Lieutenant-Colonel a_decent_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wanderer
    Posts
    10,522
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ankhi_sena_mun View Post
    but they will not do this till the old shops are there.....

    think like this... 36 Rs/kg bech rahen hain (acc to decent) vs market price of 47... they will do this till the other shops who sell at 47 close.... then they will sell at 50... but they will not have any competition then.....

    Reliance fresh or Big Bazaar dont do this.... wo 47 hi bechte hain par thora saaf etc..... so the other shop still has margin to move..... like small shop here sell for 45 if you buy 5 kg or more... and cleaner packing.... to compete with Big bazaar.....
    Big Bazzar mein 40/Kg hai.
    Best Price mein 37/Kg hai.
    Wholesaler ke paas 45/kg hai.
    Retailer ke paas 48/kg hai.

    Kiske paas jaau main...?

    What you're trying to say is we must buy at 48/KG and then shout "INFLATION INFLATION" .. !!
    Miss you Dadaji

  3. #18
    Banned Lieutenant-Colonel
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,085
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    रिटेल कंपनी वॉलमार्ट भारत के बाजार पर लंबे समय से गिद्ध दृष्टि जमाए हुए थी। इसके लिए वह चार वर्ष से अमेरिकी सांसदों के मध्य लॉबिंग भी कर रही थी। इसी मध्य कंपनी ने इस कार्य में 125 करोड़ रुपए (250 लाख डॉलर) व्यय किए। अमेरिकी सीनेट में रखी गई वॉलमार्ट की रिपोर्ट में यह जानकारी दर्ज है।

    रिपोर्ट के अनुसार भारत में एफडीआई पर संसद में हुई चर्चा के लिए भी वॉलमार्ट ने लॉबिंग की। इस कार्य में उसने 10 करोड़ रुपए (16.50 लाख डॉलर) लगाए हैं। इससे पहले वह 2008 से लगातार भारत में प्रवेश के लिए लॉबिंग कर रही थी। केवल 2009 की कुछ तिमाहियों में उसने इस काम में पैसे नहीं व्यय किए। वर्ष 2012 में कंपनी ने लॉबिंग में लगभग 18 करोड़ रुपए (30 लाख डॉलर) व्यय किए हैं। इसमें भारत में रिटेल में एफडीआई की समस्या सम्मिलित है। भारत ने हाल में कड़े और लंबे राजनीतिक विरोध के पश्चात हाल में अपने मल्टीब्रांड रिटेल सेक्टर को एफडीआई के लिए खोला है। इसके विरोध में विपक्ष का प्रस्ताव संसद में गिर गया।
    ऐसा है वॉलमार्ट का रिटेल बाजार

    444 अरब डॉलर का वार्षिक व्यापार।

    वॉलमार्ट स्टोर की सुपरमार्केट चेन का 444 अरब डॉलर का वार्षिक व्यापार है। संसार भर में इसके 22 लाख कर्मचारी हैं।

    भारत का रिटेल बाजार इस समय 500 अरब डॉलर का अनुमानित है। लोगों की आय में वृद्धि और व्यय करने की बढ़ती प्रवृत्ति से 2020 तक इसके एक लाख करोड़ डॉलर पार करने की संभावना है।

    अगले पांच वर्ष तक 15 से 20 प्रतिशत की वृद्धि अनुमानित है। संसार के रिटेलरों के लिए भारत आकर्षण का केंद्र बना हुआ है।

    रिपोर्ट के अनुसार 2020 तक संगठित रिटेल कुल बाजार का 25 प्रतिशत हो जाएगा।






    Last edited by rajpaldular; 10-12-2012 at 01:48 PM.

  4. #19
    Hum Banarasi.......... Colonel Ankhi_sena_mun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Dheer sameere, Tatini Teere....
    Posts
    14,441
    Rep Power
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a_decent_1 View Post


    (1) There are more than 200 Big Bazar in India.
    (2) There is a Big Bazar in around 100 cities in India.
    (3) Delhi alone has around 5 Big Bazaars.

    Walmart "DOES NOT SELL" Expired goods.
    If you have ever visited "Best Price", you would never say that.
    Their prices are low because they buy DIRECT FROM THE MANUFACTURER.

    Their Lay's come from Pepsico directly.
    Their Commodities come directly from Farmers.
    Their Maggi come Directly from Nestle.

    No Commission of any sort included.

    G'day
    Quote Originally Posted by a_decent_1 View Post


    Big Bazzar mein 40/Kg hai.
    Best Price mein 37/Kg hai.
    Wholesaler ke paas 45/kg hai.
    Retailer ke paas 48/kg hai.

    Kiske paas jaau main...?

    What you're trying to say is we must buy at 48/KG and then shout "INFLATION INFLATION" .. !!
    Big Bazaar is a chain of hypermarket in India. As of June 2, 2012 there are 214 stores across 90 cities and towns in India covering around 16 million sq.ft. of retail space. (WIKI)


    wall mart ko expired good bechte hue mein khud dekha hai.... in upstate NY and SLC, UT ....

    yehan abhi nehi bechenge..... kyonki yehan options hain.....
    mods decision: any insult to female members will be ignored as the person doing this is somebody known to the mods
    I PROTEST

  5. #20
    Moderator Lieutenant-Colonel gracefulguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    10,460
    Rep Power
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ankhi_sena_mun View Post
    Big Bazaar is a chain of hypermarket in India. As of June 2, 2012 there are 214 stores across 90 cities and towns in India covering around 16 million sq.ft. of retail space. (WIKI)


    wall mart ko expired good bechte hue mein khud dekha hai.... in upstate NY and SLC, UT ....

    yehan abhi nehi bechenge..... kyonki yehan options hain.....

    So Wlmart se ye problem hai ........hmmmmmmm

    wo log expired goods bechte hain.........!!!!

    Gande kahin ke......
    "I'm always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught"

  6. #21
    Rainbow chaser Brigadier General 007RIKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Looking for one
    Posts
    29,906
    Rep Power
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gracefulguy View Post
    So Wlmart se ye problem hai ........hmmmmmmm

    wo log expired goods bechte hain.........!!!!

    Gande kahin ke......
    Sir problem is not only that, Jis FDI ke liye ye bola ja raha hai ki ye middle man ko hata kar naya system develop karega, jara ye sonchiye ki un Middle man ka kya hoga??
    We never see our real face

    It's only images or reflection what we see.

  7. #22
    Moderator Lieutenant-Colonel gracefulguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    10,460
    Rep Power
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 007RIKY View Post
    Sir problem is not only that, Jis FDI ke liye ye bola ja raha hai ki ye middle man ko hata kar naya system develop karega, jara ye sonchiye ki un Middle man ka kya hoga??

    Dono different points hain Rickyji........one is selling outdated stuff........which I dont agree

    Secondly middle men ko safe guard karna.......which also I dont agree......Current arrangement mein, middlemen do not provide any service to IMPROVE the quality of the product.

    They are just cost centers.......
    "I'm always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught"

  8. #23
    HALLA BOL Field Marshal amitsush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    satna
    Posts
    77,274
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 007RIKY View Post
    Sir problem is not only that, Jis FDI ke liye ye bola ja raha hai ki ye middle man ko hata kar naya system develop karega, jara ye sonchiye ki un Middle man ka kya hoga??

    agar middle man jaayenge to humko thoda kam rate par milega na saman, consumers ka to fayda hi hai na
    I WILL LOOK FOR U
    I WILL FIND U AND
    I WILL BAN U


  9. #24
    Rainbow chaser Brigadier General 007RIKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Looking for one
    Posts
    29,906
    Rep Power
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gracefulguy View Post
    Dono different points hain Rickyji........one is selling outdated stuff........which I dont agree

    Secondly middle men ko safe guard karna.......which also I dont agree......Current arrangement mein, middlemen do not provide any service to IMPROVE the quality of the product.

    They are just cost centers.......
    But you are planing to take off the employment of many people, by a company that is largely being criticized for it's employment policy.

    Food quality is also a matter, but wo baad me hoga, as said by Ankhi di, As I'm not a witness of such practice, so anyone who has seen can clarify more.
    We never see our real face

    It's only images or reflection what we see.

  10. #25
    Rainbow chaser Brigadier General 007RIKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Looking for one
    Posts
    29,906
    Rep Power
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amitsush View Post

    agar middle man jaayenge to humko thoda kam rate par milega na saman, consumers ka to fayda hi hai na
    Amit bhai, Google wale Satna me 1GBPS speed ke saath Cyber cafe with rate of Rs.10 per hr & Rs 5 per color print kholenge to aap kitne din survive karenge??

    PS: don't take it personally.

    Middle man ko hataye bina bhi policy ban sakti hai, lekin govt nahi banana chahti.
    We never see our real face

    It's only images or reflection what we see.

  11. #26
    Moderator Lieutenant-Colonel gracefulguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    10,460
    Rep Power
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 007RIKY View Post
    But you are planing to take off the employment of many people, by a company that is largely being criticized for it's employment policy.

    Food quality is also a matter, but wo baad me hoga, as said by Ankhi di, As I'm not a witness of such practice, so anyone who has seen can clarify more.

    How ............ ??

    Koi naya establishment aaega to employment to increase hona chaiye ???
    "I'm always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught"

  12. #27
    Rainbow chaser Brigadier General 007RIKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Looking for one
    Posts
    29,906
    Rep Power
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gracefulguy View Post
    How ............ ??

    Koi naya establishment aaega to employment to increase hona chaiye ???
    1 Retailer ke saath kitne middle man include hote hain?

    Atleast 3, aur 1 store kam se kam 25-30 retail to band kara hi dega. aur jo employement create hogi wo naye logon ke liye hogi on the cost of old ones. 25*3 Minimum 75 persons, phir un dukano me kaam karne waale atleat 2 bande 50 aur gaye.
    We never see our real face

    It's only images or reflection what we see.

  13. #28
    HALLA BOL Field Marshal amitsush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    satna
    Posts
    77,274
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 007RIKY View Post
    Amit bhai, Google wale Satna me 1GBPS speed ke saath Cyber cafe with rate of Rs.10 per hr & Rs 5 per color print kholenge to aap kitne din survive karenge??

    PS: don't take it personally.

    Middle man ko hataye bina bhi policy ban sakti hai, lekin govt nahi banana chahti.
    kisi bhi city mein kapdon ke bade-2 showroom bhi hote aur chote -2 shop bhi, chalti dono ki dukanen hai
    I WILL LOOK FOR U
    I WILL FIND U AND
    I WILL BAN U


  14. #29
    Rainbow chaser Brigadier General 007RIKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Looking for one
    Posts
    29,906
    Rep Power
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amitsush View Post
    kisi bhi city mein kapdon ke bade-2 showroom bhi hote aur chote -2 shop bhi, chalti dono ki dukanen hai
    Co's exclusive showroom do not provide any discount as other retailers do. Ye co ki policy hoti hai taki uska kaam dono side se chalta rahe. This is not hampering so called middle man.
    We never see our real face

    It's only images or reflection what we see.

  15. #30
    Moderator Lieutenant-Colonel gracefulguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    10,460
    Rep Power
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 007RIKY View Post
    1 Retailer ke saath kitne middle man include hote hain?

    Atleast 3, aur 1 store kam se kam 25-30 retail to band kara hi dega. aur jo employement create hogi wo naye logon ke liye hogi on the cost of old ones. 25*3 Minimum 75 persons, phir un dukano me kaam karne waale atleat 2 bande 50 aur gaye.

    Retail completely bund ho jaega............ye kisne kaha ??

    Wo log Kanpur ke Narain Purwa mien Wallmart nahi khone wale Ricky.........:-))

    So all those shops are safe........:-))
    "I'm always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught"

Similar Threads

  1. FDI in retail: Top 10 brands that may come to India
    By basanti<<< in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 11:52 PM
  2. WallMart & Retail Market of India
    By rajpaldular in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-11-2011, 12:23 PM
  3. Higher wages put India on back foot
    By funky_sam in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 11:21 AM
  4. Shoplifting? India No 1 in retail theft
    By mann4u in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 06:04 PM
  5. India's retail boom story
    By passion_unlimitedd in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-12-2008, 02:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •