Thread: Wife slapped dowry case on us

Masood Ahmed

Default Wife slapped dowry case on us

Hi Aunt,

Hope You will give me a good solution to move from my Problems,

Let me start from begining, i am 30 years male , we got married 3 years b4, it was totally arrange marriage, both parents are agreed then they have done, last 7 years i am working in dxb. after 1 year of marriage she came to dxb , during the 1 year before she came to dubai, My mother and her they use to fight always for small things and then the fight it come to big issue, then i went to india to bring her. same time my parents told me to divorce her she is not suitable for you then i didnt listen to my parents were not agree to send dubai. then i didnt listen both we came dubai. she was a housewife, i am the bread winner for my family till now, i was mangeing both side it was ok for one month, then we had fight for small small things she never listen to me. she will do always opposite to me. i am always polite and i never shout to any one, then one we had big fight for small thing she is thowing glass, bottles , etc, on my face. that time i was totally upset, then i told my parents like this then they told me send her back , being a musilim we have to listen to jamath they give warning to us. and her mother told to every one i am a bad guy these and that etc,
    then she has problem for irregular period , after the problem they told me not to bring to dubai, again i bring here back to dubai, then again no changes we use to fight for everything and every day, MY WEAPON IS MY PATIENCE .
    then i send her back to india with some reason and very politely wihout any fight. and i went to india for EED holiday, and she was her parents home and every month she withdraw 1000INR from my A/c and still my ATM card with her only. i was love her too much . once i reach in india i called her and i ask to come to home then she disconnect the phone after 2 hr that call i got call from Police , there is complaint against you and your parents regarding dowry case.
    and then i went to that jamath which they warned b4, her fahter told them he will not listen any more to jamath he giave some money to police , and police is torureing us for the last 2 month my case is still in the court , and still police lookng for me. and the court she has gvien notice we had taken her jewels and we ask money for her parents and she is demanding 30Laks rupees to withdraw the case, and i dont know what i have to do. i feel like crying and i am very upest , in our life history no one go to police and court this is the first time we went to both place with doing any thing. BELIEVE ME SHE CHEATED VERY BADLY,

Please advice

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi! That's a very bad story indeed. Sorry to hear about the trouble that you are undergoing. Unfortunately, the dowry is sometimes used by unscrupulous people as an excuse of harassment of the bridegroom and his family.
    Look, this is going to have to act oyt in court only- there's nothing much you can really do to hurry it up. I hope that you have a good lawyer to help you with these issues, because that's what you need the most. Please have patience and faith. its a difficult time but you will really have to see it through. Best of luck

..Yaar Patialavi.. Lieutenant-Colonel a_decent_1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masood Ahmed View Post
    Hi Aunt,

Hope You will give me a good solution to move from my Problems,

Let me start from begining, i am 30 years male , we got married 3 years b4, it was totally arrange marriage, both parents are agreed then they have done, last 7 years i am working in dxb. after 1 year of marriage she came to dxb , during the 1 year before she came to dubai, My mother and her they use to fight always for small things and then the fight it come to big issue, then i went to india to bring her. same time my parents told me to divorce her she is not suitable for you then i didnt listen to my parents were not agree to send dubai. then i didnt listen both we came dubai. she was a housewife, i am the bread winner for my family till now, i was mangeing both side it was ok for one month, then we had fight for small small things she never listen to me. she will do always opposite to me. i am always polite and i never shout to any one, then one we had big fight for small thing she is thowing glass, bottles , etc, on my face. that time i was totally upset, then i told my parents like this then they told me send her back , being a musilim we have to listen to jamath they give warning to us. and her mother told to every one i am a bad guy these and that etc,
    then she has problem for irregular period , after the problem they told me not to bring to dubai, again i bring here back to dubai, then again no changes we use to fight for everything and every day, MY WEAPON IS MY PATIENCE .
    then i send her back to india with some reason and very politely wihout any fight. and i went to india for EED holiday, and she was her parents home and every month she withdraw 1000INR from my A/c and still my ATM card with her only. i was love her too much . once i reach in india i called her and i ask to come to home then she disconnect the phone after 2 hr that call i got call from Police , there is complaint against you and your parents regarding dowry case.
    and then i went to that jamath which they warned b4, her fahter told them he will not listen any more to jamath he giave some money to police , and police is torureing us for the last 2 month my case is still in the court , and still police lookng for me. and the court she has gvien notice we had taken her jewels and we ask money for her parents and she is demanding 30Laks rupees to withdraw the case, and i dont know what i have to do. i feel like crying and i am very upest , in our life history no one go to police and court this is the first time we went to both place with doing any thing. BELIEVE ME SHE CHEATED VERY BADLY,

Please advice
    I am not sure.
    Do Muslims take dowry..? I always thought it was the guy who had to spend the most in Muslim wedding. !

Banned Major General

Quote Originally Posted by a_decent_1 View Post
    I am not sure.
    Do Muslims take dowry..? I always thought it was the guy who had to spend the most in Muslim wedding. !
    Bhai aapk muslim shaadi kabhi nahi attend kiya he.

Muslim shaadi mein toh mike set pe chilla chilla ke bolte he.. Ki ladki walon ne Yeh di o di karke..

Starting from a simple almirah to a audi a7

@ will reply to your query in detail.
    If FIR has already been registered then better run for cover, you n your parents until you secure Anticipatory Bail.

If the thing is still in counselling stage then attend counselling.

You did ask her money or not, for this case to get over it will take a minimum of 5-7 years.

Have patience. If you have not done anything wrong, then fight it out till the end when you come out clean out of such case.

If you do not have patience and are very much scared, ask her how much money she is expecting to withdraw the case against you ie the 498a case.

Arrange for money. Then part ways as gentleman.

If she does not want money and she just wants to teach you a lesson of sorts and if you are still interested in taking her back, then let me remind you: You will have to dance according to her tunes for the rest of your life, that includes your parents also.

Keep in touch with some close friends who can get you information about FIR status.

Good luck.

God save you and your parents.
    Last edited by Gudu Gudu Returns; 01-10-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Bro, they being crook, and you gotta be a bigger crook. Spend some money, find bigger contacts in police and try to reverse the case. Hire a good lawyer, a shark who can eat them all. Get a divorce towards the end.

New Born

Welcome to club of harassed husband by biased laws of India. Dowry cases are non bailable and non compoundable. If They have filed dowry case means you have to go to court and get Anticipatory bail first. If you fail to get bail, you will be arrested and sent to custody for a day to few weeks, depends on state of residence.

Please be clear that if you have not taken any dowry or tortured her physically, yet if woman has filed dowry case (Read any criminal case) means your marriage is over, trust component in your marriage is no longer exist. Now you and your other family member who are accused in dowry case will have to prepare to fight long cases in court.

I will not advise any other thing like changing bank account so that money can not be misused by her. Usually any settlement paying money means financing terrorism, money you paid will be used against you only - keep this in mind very clearly. (I again assume that there is no violence or dowry demand from your side)

It is not clear from your post that whether charge-sheet is filled? If not how come case is in court? You will have to appear before police, appear in court and get BAIL, else police and court has power to cancel your passport as well.

Its very sad that most of the matrimonial cases are by the side of women. A wife can slap 498A or sec.125 or Sec. 12 of domestic violence...where in men do not have equal privilege in India. This I m not saying to discourage you. Do one thing, You said your ATM card is with your wife. If your card is used in India when you were in other country prove it in court by bank statement. Collect other proof where you have spent money on her. You can show it in court that it is you who is spending money on her and you never demanded any thing from her. Tell them to show the proof of dowry things. You could say in court that you have not demanded any dowry and when she travelled from Dubai to India, she had a big bag with her, which was not checked by you, and she had carried most of the things like jewellery with her and you are not in possession of any of her belongings and say to court that she is free to come to dubai and take her belongings, if any.
    Ya one more thing, dont say in court that you want divorce, even though you want it. Just say that I am always ready to be with her otherwise its most of the time court thinks that the guy is at fault if he asks for divorce.

Regards,

Best advice is, "This will also Pass"
    Have patience,
    God Bless.