Thread: friend's guilt conscience

New Born

Post friend's guilt conscience

i have very nice friends since my school days and we share almost everything with each other. sometimes we crack personal jokes on each other, which probably dont hurt anyone's sentiments. but because we are all engaged with our jobs we met very few times in past, say, two years. one day, one of my friend shared his problem with me. he was driven by guilt conscience. for example, if he would see any aunt's bra, he would feel extremely worried. his facial expression would change and ask for forgiveness from god. but he was never like this before. earlier he used to enjoy it and make us laugh. something has happened in these two years. the thing is that he looks obsessed and mentally disturbed. he is now turning into the beast of orthodox mentality like women should not wear jeans, one should not talk about girls in bad ways. his religious commandments are simply ridiculous. now when we talk we cant talk to him in casual way. we become conscious.
    any advises? on why he is so? or that he is normal and we are wrong?

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Well, there are all sorts of people who make the world, you know. And its not necessary that a person remains the way he has been- as you say, many influences may have worked on him.
    See, this may sound callous- but sometimes its just easier to drift away than to try and change things. You can, if you wish, try and explain to him that he needs to chill- not get so obsessive- if he listens, good. If not, well, just keep as much contact as you are comfortable with.

♥ fєmmє fαtαlє ♥ Major Sweet Mimi's Avatar

I would have like to your your friend's age before commenting..

but still everyone has his or her own belief!!! here in my country there are certain young guys who are religious and when previously they weren't... i mean muslims guys... some people enjoy their life well and then suddenly get religious!! it do happens!!
    I'm a shhh girl
    Loving me could be a crime

You can try once or twice but if he doesn't agree, just make it simple- don't talk about such stuff with him. To decide what is wrong vs. right or whether he wants to be a prude or a normal guy is his fundamental right. You can't change it. As Preeto Mam said, "Well, there are all sorts of people who make the world, you know" and he is of "that" sort..

SB Champion Lieutenant

Well the thing is that there has been some influence on your friend. Well talking bad about girls is not a good thing right but the other ways seems wierd. Some religious views are fine but if he is obssessed as you say then not good. Find out what has changed him into this.

New Born

Quote Originally Posted by kish123 View Post
    Well the thing is that there has been some influence on your friend. Well talking bad about girls is not a good thing right but the other ways seems wierd. Some religious views are fine but if he is obssessed as you say then not good. Find out what has changed him into this.
    kish123... u didnt get the idea. i just generalized the stuff to explain.

SB Addict
    working on a new site...P.S. I am not a spammer

hmm this is really weird but some accident might have happen with him like ..... koi koi senti ho jata hai bt just accept your friend as he is.

Earlier it was school days... Now it is different... In those school days, you were enjoying between friends... But now when you are a working person, it's not the same... You are more responsible, more conscious... I think it's normal...!!!