Thread: In love with a friend

New Born

Default In love with a friend

Hello preeto ma'am

Im in some serious dilemma ... Im 21 .. I recently asked a girl out !!! She and I are friends since long...I had a lot of expectations and thought that she would definitely say yes !!
    But to my bad luck she said no..And I was shattered..I have loved this girl all my life and never thought of anyone else..
    I dont know the way ahead !! I do agree that i didnt ask her out in a very appropriate manner and it was very haphazard...But that cant be a sole reason for rejection
    She says she never thought of me more than a friend...and wants things to be same
    Knowing her stubborn nature she rejected me and said not to even try again !!!
    Im all lost !! How do I go about ????
    I dont feel like letting her go as Ive been hanging with it since long and truely love her !!
    We r still good friends ....

PLZ HELP AT THE EARLIEST

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi!
    See, I understand that you want things to get on track right away, but a bit of patience will get things into perspective. Along with that, you really don't have to try and pretend that things are the way they used to be. Some time should be given for a sense of normalcy to get re-established. So, hill a bit- take it easy and don't try too hard. Things have a way of working out.

New Born

Quote Originally Posted by despodude View Post
    Hello preeto ma'am

Im in some serious dilemma ... Im 21 .. I recently asked a girl out !!! She and I are friends since long...I had a lot of expectations and thought that she would definitely say yes !!
    But to my bad luck she said no..And I was shattered..I have loved this girl all my life and never thought of anyone else..
    I dont know the way ahead !! I do agree that i didnt ask her out in a very appropriate manner and it was very haphazard...But that cant be a sole reason for rejection
    She says she never thought of me more than a friend...and wants things to be same
    Knowing her stubborn nature she rejected me and said not to even try again !!!
    Im all lost !! How do I go about ????
    I dont feel like letting her go as Ive been hanging with it since long and truely love her !!
    We r still good friends ....

PLZ HELP AT THE EARLIEST
    well, if you're sure about that stubborn part, better stop being friends with her, it'll just hurt you more and there's nothing in this world you could do to make a person 'love' you

it would b better for u to nt walk in a direction tht takes u to a stage where there is only hurt and no hapiness.now u will hv to decide that a person who is so stubborn who doesnt evn knw how to talk then why u wnt to b in touch with her evn as a friend.
    ok as a person she gave u a decision tht she cnt b in lov wid u bt she was nt only a person she was your frnd also atleast she could b bit sensible to gv u answer as she knew u were good frnds bt here only u cared about her frndship and u loved her.its fine she gave her decision tht she cnt go in lov with u cz she dint had those feelings bt she could hv been sensible in understanding u like giving u her ans a proper way n nt like tht dont try again.if she realy cared as a frnd then she couldnt hv been replying like this.so dont look upto her as a frnd or as lov coz u will hurt yourself more.
    Every time I hear your voice, I hear another reason to keep
    you forever -

You can't make her love you. You can just express your love and you already did. I don't see any point in staying close to her as a friend. Let her know once again that you are in love with her and will wait for her for so and and so etc and start creating a distance slowly.

SB Champion Lieutenant

You are only 21 years old and she is not ready for it either so I think that you should hold on and let time play the game because you may never know she may start developing some feelings for you as well.

dude....tht girl will thing of u as a frind.n will get into relationship with other guy...

some girls r lik tht only....they want a best friend bt not bf..

its the worst category in whch u r standing..i'l say dont proceed with tht girl evn friendship..tu he rahega jiski lagegi....woh nikal legi kissi aur ke sath..

im advising you jst focus on life rather thn girl...

MUH ke hum muhjor hai
    se kamjor hai.

Don't rush in these matters... Be patient, else you may lose your friend... Continue as you were before with her as a frnd... Then slowly slowly make her aware of the love you hve for her.. Always be by her side till she'll realise your love...!!!

First and foremost, you cant force on a person to reciprocate feelings. Love is a feeling that buds in our heart and only when that is mutual, can it turn into a relationship.

The girl made it clear from her side that she only sees you as a friend. Despite her confession, if you still hold feelings for her and wait with hope, its you who is gonna suffer and take pain buddy. Secondly, the more you press on the issue, it can suffocate the girl and make things much worse which will eventually make you feel more hurt.

I know its easier said than done however moving on is best for your own self. Focus on much more serious concerns like career and soon you will realize that you got over what seemed so impossible.
    After winning an argument with his wife, what sd a husband do to maintain better relations?........................Say 'Sorry'!

✿ VILLAIN ✿ Colonel Albert Pinto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barbiedoll View Post
    First and foremost, you cant force on a person to reciprocate feelings. Love is a feeling that buds in our heart and only when that is mutual, can it turn into a relationship.

The girl made it clear from her side that she only sees you as a friend. Despite her confession, if you still hold feelings for her and wait with hope, its you who is gonna suffer and take pain buddy. Secondly, the more you press on the issue, it can suffocate the girl and make things much worse which will eventually make you feel more hurt.

I know its easier said than done however moving on is best for your own self. Focus on much more serious concerns like career and soon you will realize that you got over what seemed so impossible.
    Wah Wah..... aur kuch bolne ki zaroorat hi nahi rahi ab..........
    Ladki se "Yes" toh koi bhi bulva saktha hai...
    Oh Yess.... Oh Yessss... Oh Yessssss..!! bulvana
    Sabke bus ki baath nahi...

New Born

ThankYou so much beautiful people !!

God bless you all feeling better !!

SB MahaGuru Colonel

keep friendship ....................