Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rape laws: existing and the changes required

Hum Banarasi.......... Colonel Ankhi_sena_mun's Avatar

Exclamation Rape laws: existing and the changes required

The recent gang rape of a 23-year-old woman in a moving bus in the capital has yet again raised doubts about the safety of women on roads where it does not take much for men to turn brutes .

The para-medical student was not only sexually assaulted but also thrown out of the bus like a piece of garbage. She is now struggling for life while the Parliament expresses its distress over the 'heinous' crime. We all remember Additional Sessions Judge Kamini Lau's innovative thinking in initiating a debate on introducing castration as an 'alternative' form of punishment for rape some time back. With the number of rape cases going up by the day, is it about time we speed up the debate and bring about a strict enforcement?

The debate on chemical castration as one of the viable alternatives to imprisonment of serial rapists as a form of medication to deter repeated sexual crimes by men is catching up. Taking a leaf out of the debate of how 'a needle can be mightier than the sword', we find out other plausible formulae that can pose as eligible methods in deterring the 'libido' in men!

Demystifying chemical castration
    Chemical castration is like a misnomer. This form of medication involves a drug that reduces the testosterone count in men resulting in a drop in sex-drive. However, this does not have a permanent effect on the sexual mechanism. Once discontinued, virility is regained.

While advocating chemical castration as a stringent substitute to judicial punishment, actress Divya Dutta said in an interview, "this will instill a sense of fear in rapists who have been blatant and unabashed about their criminal act. It is important to deter the 'I-can-get-away-with it' attitude."

Chemical castration has been implemented with positive results in places like Georgia, Iowa, Louisiana, Montana, Oregon, Texas and Wisconsin, to discourage sexual-offenders. India is still on the path of emulation. The very thought of going sexually paralyzed will make rapists vulnerable.

Rapist Alert: How about a Radio collar/tag?
    For all those who feel that the above proposition is ethically objectionable and that rationality and humanity should predominate in decision-making, then, this idea might seem plausible.

Remember Lindsay Lohan taking refuge in larger jeans and high boots after being ordered by the judge to wear an alcohol-monitoring device on her ankle? To escape the prying eyes, Lindsay had to come up with ways to hide her bracelet.

Similarly, imagine the plight of a rapist walking around with a radio anklet on, and people casting dirty looks at almost identifying him as an outcaste.

Arpita, a school student thinks the idea is worth giving a shot. Says she, "radio collars will psychologically hit the rapist, because it is not always the physical mutilation that is worrisome, emotional scars are much deeper. This initiative will work as a realization button for the rapist."

Radio tracking will not only help in estimating the population of rapists but can discourage rapists from repeating the crime and avoid public resentment.

A permanent tattoo on the forehead
    Tattoos attract attention. So why not engrave them on the foreheads of the rapists, following the old school yet popular technique of 'Mera Baap Chor hai' in Bollywood films.

A tattoo as a visible marker of humiliation can be a feasible idea to defame a rapist in public eye. Rosy Xess, a mass communication student believes that "tattoos can be a social contributor this way and not remain just a 'fashion statement'."

Parade them naked and get them whipped
    Rapists will dread this day. Their imprisonment will be touched with a 'whip.' The idea is to parade them naked and have them whipped by the public.

This way, the otherwise monotonous imprisonment curriculum of the rapists will also be taken care of.

Ideas can be varied. They may stem from different perspectives but the motive behind every idea is common, i.e. shame the rapist.
    So what according to you would be a perfect idea to deter a rapist?
    mods decision: any insult to female members will be ignored as the person doing this is somebody known to the mods
    I PROTEST

teekhi jammu chilli Major General arumita's Avatar

there should be written rapist on their forehead .

The Game is ON !!!! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

physically and mentally torturing them daily till death would be good..........chemical castration doesn't seem so effective....
    NOW YOU SEE ME
    Now you don't

Rainbow chaser Brigadier General 007RIKY's Avatar

First of all, media should be allowed to show their face in public, so that these worthless ppl can be identified easily, then each day they have to make presence in the local body & should do cleaning work of public toilets. Govt should not ban Dry toilets, at least 5% should kept alive to be served by them for whole life.

Along with radio tag, they should compulsorily wear a t-shirt with slogan, humiliating themselves.
    "A gentle-man is simply a pained wolf"

SB ICON Major General

Quote Originally Posted by arumita View Post
    there should be written rapist on their forehead .
    aru ji, watch girl with the dragon tattoo movie or else watch scene how a girl took revenge and what she did to rapist

teekhi jammu chilli Major General arumita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by funky_sam View Post
    aru ji, watch girl with the dragon tattoo movie or else watch scene how a girl took revenge and what she did to rapist
    i am really angry sam on those men i want to slap on their faces , want to beat them with same iron rod

u know our jammu state was very safe few years back but now slowly these kinds of things has started here also with the increase in population from outside the state , one day before bhai dooj me and my jethani decided to go to market in city after buying things it was only 6 p.m. and it was little dark me and my jethani starts searching for auto we asked from auto stand as rates were very higher there we came back and starts looking again suddenly two people in auto came before us and starts inquiring where we want to go to my surprise they even knew where we r going me smell something
    fishy and told them bluntly no we r not intrested women cell was also near i was abt to complaint but then we hired another auto and safely reached home, i told hubby these things and now hubby daily come city to take me home .
    Last edited by arumita; 18-12-2012 at 05:00 PM.

SB ICON Major General

Quote Originally Posted by arumita View Post
    i am really angry sam on those men i want to slap on their faces , want to beat them with same iron rod
    just watch that scene aru ji after that u will won't feel to beath them iron rods
    we should this scene & the revenge of girl from "I spilt on ur grave" movie to our government to learn something

Banned Major General

After act has been done, when they get arrested, they will get capital punishment. That what happened with those badmaash fellows who rape girl in bus.

Lot discussion happening in RS LS

But finally all would have to abide by the law of the land

slapping, rod se hitting etc castration etc all happen in other country. HEre democracy there na. So have to follow law of the land.

Castrating them or buckling with a bandage, both methods will separate them from society.....it sounds a good way to keep these animals away from the civilized but this method will make them psychologically more dangerous and they would be more prone to slide deeper into the world of crime as now they are already nothing for society, so not much fear left.

Capital punishment according to me does not punish a person, but it rather frees him of the punishment he should have suffered in life......

For crimes as heidious as this, I feel punishment should be more severe and the prison should be harsher....also, the sentence should be quick, not delaying the justice these cases should go to the fast track courts.....

Banned Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Sidon21 View Post
    Castrating them or buckling with a bandage, both methods will separate them from society.....it sounds a good way to keep these animals away from the civilized but this method will make them psychologically more dangerous and they would be more prone to slide deeper into the world of crime as now they are already nothing for society, so not much fear left.

Capital punishment according to me does not punish a person, but it rather frees him of the punishment he should have suffered in life......

For crimes as heidious as this, I feel punishment should be more severe and the prison should be harsher....also, the sentence should be quick, not delaying the justice these cases should go to the fast track courts.....
    But it would make yet to be rapists to think before they act right, they would be in fear that they would be hanged till death right .

SB MahaGuru Lieutenant-Colonel imperium's Avatar

The Rapist.. Hmmm to start off.. He should be sentenced to death when he asks

His organ to be disfunctioned..
    Then to make him feel the same pain and guilt... He must be engraved with a big Mark that is made physically by a blade or something and not tattooed on them..
    Each finger should be broken seperately and slowly so as they could sense the guilt of the crime.. No capital punishment should be there as why the family of the rapist must pay fr his bloody crime.. all his personal Identities, Bank accounts, property, certificates, everything must be seized.. Not just his body but his mental status, his all the support systems must be taken away from him.. Ice bed and 3rd degree torture is a add on.. Till the time this should happen until he surrenders and begs for death.. and he should be given that the instance he asks for it..

A special Cell must be made for women security that should be parallel to Police.. and Police or politics cannot interfere in it..
    A man may show as reckless a courage in entering into the abyss of himself.

New Born

In case of these gang rapes, these ppl r there for s*x ri8? then why not make them f*ck each other.... then broadcast their names both on tv and fm radios nd also put a banner wid their names , shwing them a rapist and been given the f*ck punishment in their own residential areas...
    Last edited by rattleshuv; 18-12-2012 at 07:00 PM.

!! PostMaster !! Field Marshal passion_unlimitedd's Avatar

And all this happening when we have a few women CMs and the Chief of the ruling party is herself a women. I wonder these news reach them or not?

They can not pass lokpal for years together but reservation is passed in no time. Are our rulers serious enough to take a tough stand for these crimes? No they are not, they are only interested in vote bank politics.
    Play To Win or Don't Play At All
    Always Expect The Unexpected

i spit on your grave is the best movie example i feel for rapists

Banned Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by himansh View Post
    i spit on your grave is the best movie example i feel for rapists