Thread: The 12 Best Google Doodles Of 2012

Mr. Imperfect! Field Marshal sheikh's Avatar

Default The 12 Best Google Doodles Of 2012

Here is a list of the 12 best Google doodles that appeared on the Google homepage in 2012.

Wherever You Are I'll Find You..Cause You're The One I Turn To
    Wherever You Be I'll Be With You..Cause You're The One My Heart Is Yo..I need you..

It was a music video doodle on the Google home page this Valentine's Day. The Valentine's Day Google doodle was in the form of a short animated love story of a boy trying to woo a girl set to Tony Bennett's rendition of Hank Williams' classic blues ballad Cold, Cold Heart.

Wherever You Be I'll Be With You..Cause You're The One My Heart Is Yo..I need you..

Google doodled a wave for Heinrich Rudolf Hertz's 155th birthday. The Google logo took the form of electromagnetic waves (in Google colours - blue, red, yellow and green) to pay tribute to German physicist Heinrich Rudolf Hertz on his 155th birth anniversary. Hertz was born at Hamburg on February 22, 1857.

Google doodled Eadweard J Muybridge's (the man behind the first ever galloping horse moving image) 182nd birthday this year. The series of galloping horse images on the Google home page seemed to spring to life at the press of the play button.

Google celebrated the Gideon Sundback's 132nd birthday with an interactive doodle. Honouring Gideon Sundback, the page unzipped to reveal a search engine results page on the Swedish-born engineer. Sundback's invention, the zipper, has been holding together much of the parts of our lives for about a century now.

Google came up with a synthesizer in place of its logo to celebrate the 78th birth anniversary of Robert Moog. The interactive doodle featured a synthesizer to let users compose music of their choice. To the right of the synthesizer was a 4-track tape recorder that allowed users to record, play back the recorded music and share songs via short links or Google+.

A set of six exquisite jewelled eggs adorned the Google home page in honour of Peter Carl Faberge. Google came up with this doodle to mark the 166th birth anniversary of the the legendary Russian jeweller.

Vint Cerf, Google's chief Internet evangelist, described Alan Turing as "The man challenged everyone's thinking." And the doodle that Google had posted on its home page to honour the father of computing Alan Turing's 100th birth anniversary also baffled a lot may people. Alan Mathison Turing was a British mathematician who articulated the mathematical foundation and limits of computing.

A painting of a couple kissing was the theme of the doodle on the Google home page on the 150th birth anniversary of the Austrian symbolist painter Gustav Klimt. The doodle was a reproduction of his most famous work - 'The Kiss'. Some of Gustav Klimt's paintings rank amongst the most expensive in the world.

Google posted an interactive doodle - London 2012 basketball - during London 2012 Olympics. It allowed users to score points playing basketball on their computers. Users were allowed to shoot baskets using the space bar or by holding and releasing the left mouse key.

During the London 2012 Olympics doodle, Google came up with many doodle. And the London 2012 hurdles doodle was one of them. The interactive doodle allowed users to participate in a hurdles race.

On the occasion of the 46th anniversary of Star Trek: The Original Series, the Google doodle showed the characters of the cult science fiction television series that aired on NBC in the US from September 8, 1966 to June 3, 1969 as letters of the Google logo and also allowed users to participate a little interactive tale.

October 31 is celebrated as Halloween in a number of countries around the world and Google celebrated the event taking users on a visit to a haunted house on many of its home pages. The Google Happy Halloween doodle featured a haunted mansion (numbered 13) with many spooky inhabitants, who double up as letters of the Google logo. The characters revealed themselves when you knock (click) on the doors of the haunted house. To add to the atmosphere there was walso an eerie sound playing in the background. The faint hearted though could turn it off with a click of a mouse.