Thread: Love vs Looks

New Born

Default Love vs Looks

Greetings,

I am 25 yr old female, in a relationship since 3 years.
    recently we disclosed our love to our families.
    my family seem to approve.but his family has problem with my looks.
    my bf loves me dearly and does not have any problem with my looks.
    overall situation is deteriorating my health. i am very depressed. what should i do..
    My bf is trying to convince but yet marriage seems to be uncertain. i want things to work out.
    is there anything i can do ?
    please help..

You don't need to do much and can't. Your BF needs to work on his parents and put this in their mind that he is marrying you, not they. It is his decision and not their. Don't get depressed. Good luck.

the only person who can give you the answer is your boyfriend..trust him,count on him..if he loves you that sincerely,he'll make you his' no matter what..keep praying..have faith..good luck..

Don't be depressed..!!! It's your bf who has to do everything nw... He must convince his parents that you love each other very much... Most of all they should not go on your look..!!! I don't understand why nowadays people as if they don't have a common sense...!! They are just money minded... Racist about colour, status and all.... Good people are kept aside sometimes because of their look and poverty... That's not done.... All i can say... Stop worrying and pray that bf will surely convince them...

♥ fєmmє fαtαlє ♥ Major Sweet Mimi's Avatar

i can understand your feelings regarding this...it feels really bad.... but you dont need to let them affect you like this.... and its your bf who has to marry you.. but i know heart pains when you realise how people behave just because looks!! after looks the only thing matters is money.... and very often specially nowadays, money overcome looks... to be able to convince them... you have to get yourself a well paid job... remember my words dr girl.... these people will bow infront of you if you have a well paid job in your hand... but i know this is difficult, neither you provided information regarding your profession.. but if possible try it!!

if this relationship fails due to looks dont lose hope... and dont let yourself shatered.. try to fond success and find a good job things will be ok believe me!
    I'm a shhh girl
    Loving me could be a crime

hello madam! looks is god gifted,and yeah dont go for surgery and shit!

jaise ho waise hi thik ho! if the guy loves you,ask him to marry you! you have to stay with him not his whole family!

things will work out with both of your efforts.....as far as parents are concerned they will agree to it wen they will realize tht u both love each other and both of u r making efforts ....may b your efforts of convincing parents will take time bt surely this will work out bt tht too wen both of u will make it work from both ends.secondly keep noted tht their will b obstacles n u both hv to overcome them with the strength of your love.God bless.
    Every time I hear your voice, I hear another reason to keep
    you forever -

New Born

I am post graduate and have well to do job. and belong to good family too..
    caste and looks are their concern..and my bf is losing hope..and giving up..i am helpless..he is choosing his family.

teekhi jammu chilli Brigadier General arumita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sagarika89 View Post
    caste and looks are their concern..and my bf is losing hope..and giving up..i am helpless..he is choosing his family.
    u r saved dear i know it will be hard time for you as there are many good memories but if these people are more concerned abt looks then those losers are going to pay for it soon, are they thinking that noone of them gonna be old will they be same like all the time. i am not so beautiful but my hubby is very smart and good looking and he chooses me not for my looks so dear dnt loose hope you will find your soulmate who will love u not for your looks but for u as a person .

SB Guru Lieutenant-Colonel

Hi! If the person you hoped to have a future with,is loosing hope already....it will be better if you prepare yourself for the worst in this relationship.. Old fashioned it may sound to most but it's true with most Indian marriages and that too specially for a girl.... you marry the whole family and not just the guy.. So if you are not accepted before the marriage by his family, what hope do you have for the future in this marriage...

It's a shame that even in today's world people judge us by our looks alone..

♥ fєmmє fαtαlє ♥ Major Sweet Mimi's Avatar

what can i tell you then.... just pray and keep hoping for good!!!!!!!!!!!

what do you mean by looks? skin color or anything else?????

because if its not skin color then you can still make yourself beautiful in many other ways
    I'm a shhh girl
    Loving me could be a crime

New Born

I think the most important thing at present is to keep your mood relaxed to keep heath.And then you can make your efforts to save your relationship with your bf.Don't think it too hard, and believe that you can do it.Wish you good luck!

..Yaar Patialavi.. Lieutenant-Colonel a_decent_1's Avatar

Greetings,

I am 25 yr old female, in a relationship since 3 years.
    recently we disclosed our love to our families.
    my family seem to approve.but his family has problem with my looks.
    my bf loves me dearly and does not have any problem with my looks.
    overall situation is deteriorating my health. i am very depressed. what should i do..
    My bf is trying to convince but yet marriage seems to be uncertain. i want things to work out.
    is there anything i can do ?
    please help..
    Yes,
    You can tell his Family that - "This is how I look, and I am not willing to change anything about myself".

You are a Perfect Human Being and the boy loved you this way.. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason why you should think of changing yourself at all. You must tell this guy that he needs to have the balls to support you even if his parents are against your marriage, as simple as that.

G'day
    ABB KI BAAR ...
    ... Badi Garmi hai yaar !

give him some time to sort things sagarika,its nt easy to convince family he is trying from his end n if it doesnt works out then there is no way out coz u cnt do anything by hurting your parents and evn if u both will go against them then too u wont b hapy by doing so coz by making family unhapy u cnt make base of your happiness.let him try from his end and see wat happens dont lose hope solve the matters by being in constant touch n see whether things work out or not.
    Every time I hear your voice, I hear another reason to keep
    you forever -

♡♥☋Ǩ ★☆★ ☾ћiҜ♥♡ Field Marshal sens's Avatar

Hi sagarika..

You have no reason to feel bad about people who are judging u by looks . just hang on . give your boy friend some time to talk & convince his family. & manwhile dont feel low .. they are the ones with lowly mind. u please dont feel even from within that something is wrong with you. dont be deprssd.. pray , be happy, show his aprents how good a person u are.
    Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you and if you are alive they crave for your company.