Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woman who pushed Indian in New York subway laughed in court

Banned Captain

Default Woman who pushed Indian in New York subway laughed in court

New York: A 31-year-old woman accused of shoving a man to his death in front of a subway train because she believed he was Muslim laughed and smiled during a court hearing where she was ordered to undergo a psychiatric evaluation.

Erika Menendez, 31, was charged on Saturday night with murder as a hate crime after she told police she spontaneously pushed Sunando Sen, according to prosecutors.

"There is no reason. I just pushed him in front of the train because I thought it would be cool," she said, according to the Queens district attorney's office.

She laughed so hard during her arraignment in Queens criminal court that Judge Gia Morris told her lawyer: "You're going to have to have your client stop laughing."

Defence attorney Dietrich Epperson said Menendez's behavior in court was no different from how she had been acting when he spoke to her privately, and said his client didn't really think the proceedings were funny. He represented her for the arraignment only and had no further comment. Menendez was held without bail and ordered to have a mental health exam.

Prosecutors said she pushed the 46-year-old India native to his death because she blamed "Muslims, Hindus and Egyptians" for the September 11 terrorist attacks.

"I pushed a Muslim off the train tracks because I hate Hindus and Muslims - ever since 2001 when they put down the twin towers I've been beating them up," Menendez told police, according to the district attorney's office.

Friends and co-workers said Sen, a native of Calcutta, was Hindu. He had lived in Queens for decades and was a graphic designer and copy shop owner. Sen was standing on an elevated platform of the 7 train that travels between Manhattan and Queens when he was shoved from behind as the train entered the station.

Witnesses told police a woman had been mumbling to herself and was sitting on a bench behind Sen until the train pulled in, then shoved him from behind. She then fled.

Police released a sketch and surveillance footage of a woman running from the subway station. Menendez was arrested after a passer-by saw her on the street and thought she looked like the wanted suspect. Witnesses identified her in a lineup and she was questioned by police, when she implicated herself, according to police and prosecutors.

Angel Luis Santiago, who used to work at the Queens building where Menendez's mother and stepfather live, said he was shocked by her arrest.

"It surprised me what she did," he said. "She never acted that way."

Menendez's next court appearance is scheduled for Jan. 14.

Sen was the second man to die after being pushed in front of a New York City subway train this month. Ki-**** Han was killed in a midtown Manhattan subway station on Dec. 3. A homeless man was arrested and charged with murder in that case and is awaiting trial. He claimed he acted in self-defense.

Such subway deaths are rare, but transit officials said last week they would consider installing barriers with sliding doors on some subway platforms. Other cities including Paris and London have installed such barriers.

how mch these people kno hindu religion...we r jst becoming victim of war betwn two religions.
    MUH ke hum muhjor hai
    se kamjor hai.

Banned

Prosecutors said she pushed the 46-year-old India native to his death because she blamed "Muslims, Hindus and Egyptians" for the September 11 terrorist attacks.

9/11 attacks was serious trauma for Americans. People must understand this.

♡♥☋Ǩ ★☆★ ☾ћiҜ♥♡ Field Marshal sens's Avatar

yeah... my husband told me about this.... some people under influence of alcohol or drugs act this way.

it surprizes me that such people exist in USA.. coz thankfully i ahvent met any... no one i met seems biased or see me differently that i m indian & also a muslim who wears scarf... i get respected for these two causes even befoe they talk to me.
    Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you and if you are alive they crave for your company.

Banned Captain

their are fools in every community...........who do such foolish things......

teekhi jammu chilli Brigadier General arumita's Avatar

foolish woman........

Machinehead Lieutenant General ignoramusenator's Avatar

thats sick psychotic mentality

Make My Day

The Avenger !! Lieutenant-Colonel murtazas's Avatar

If its done by indian aur black american they hang from the roof top..now she is white american..so she is psycho as usual...school shooting psycho...theater shooting psycho....
    Love for your country is part of your faith" Holy Prophet (S.A.W).

Hum Banarasi.......... Colonel Ankhi_sena_mun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by murtazas View Post
    If its done by indian aur black american they hang from the roof top..now she is white american..so she is psycho as usual...school shooting psycho...theater shooting psycho....
    When writing my fate, was Chitragupta reading Agatha Christie?

The Game is ON !!!! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

ye ekdum correct baat boldi sir aapne !!
    NOW YOU SEE ME
    Now you don't

~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ ⌆ Major Lisbonstar28's Avatar

Hate to burst your bubble but unlike middle eastern countries where stoning, whipping and chopping limbs off is the norm, USA does not hang convicts from rooftops, they use more humane methods. Besides, she is not white. Her name indicates she's either of Latin American or Mexican descent .
    Do what thou wilt and ye harm none

..Yaar Patialavi.. Lieutenant-Colonel a_decent_1's Avatar

Muslim throws a man in Front of the Train = Terrorist. !!
    American Woman throws a man in Front of The Train = Psycho. !!

America is Sick.. !!
    Miss you Dadaji

What did we do? You Mursi its all your fault *&%$#@%^*, you had to be from the brotherhood Islamic party? because of you we will be in the spot all the time "which is kinda cool "

Its a hatred crime like any of its likes, i actually thought that only Muslims are the only blamed for the terror of 11 of sept but apparently they hate anything that looks like us!

Quote Originally Posted by silver_surfer View Post

New York: A 31-year-old woman accused of shoving a man to his death in front of a subway train because she believed he was Muslim laughed and smiled during a court hearing where she was ordered to undergo a psychiatric evaluation.

Erika Menendez, 31, was charged on Saturday night with murder as a hate crime after she told police she spontaneously pushed Sunando Sen, according to prosecutors.

"There is no reason. I just pushed him in front of the train because I thought it would be cool," she said, according to the Queens district attorney's office.

She laughed so hard during her arraignment in Queens criminal court that Judge Gia Morris told her lawyer: "You're going to have to have your client stop laughing."

Defence attorney Dietrich Epperson said Menendez's behavior in court was no different from how she had been acting when he spoke to her privately, and said his client didn't really think the proceedings were funny. He represented her for the arraignment only and had no further comment. Menendez was held without bail and ordered to have a mental health exam.

"I pushed a Muslim off the train tracks because I hate Hindus and Muslims - ever since 2001 when they put down the twin towers I've been beating them up," Menendez told police, according to the district attorney's office.

Friends and co-workers said Sen, a native of Calcutta, was Hindu. He had lived in Queens for decades and was a graphic designer and copy shop owner. Sen was standing on an elevated platform of the 7 train that travels between Manhattan and Queens when he was shoved from behind as the train entered the station.

Witnesses told police a woman had been mumbling to herself and was sitting on a bench behind Sen until the train pulled in, then shoved him from behind. She then fled.

Police released a sketch and surveillance footage of a woman running from the subway station. Menendez was arrested after a passer-by saw her on the street and thought she looked like the wanted suspect. Witnesses identified her in a lineup and she was questioned by police, when she implicated herself, according to police and prosecutors.

Angel Luis Santiago, who used to work at the Queens building where Menendez's mother and stepfather live, said he was shocked by her arrest.

"It surprised me what she did," he said. "She never acted that way."

Menendez's next court appearance is scheduled for Jan. 14.

Sen was the second man to die after being pushed in front of a New York City subway train this month. Ki-**** Han was killed in a midtown Manhattan subway station on Dec. 3. A homeless man was arrested and charged with murder in that case and is awaiting trial. He claimed he acted in self-defense.

Such subway deaths are rare, but transit officials said last week they would consider installing barriers with sliding doors on some subway platforms. Other cities including Paris and London have installed such barriers.

Hum Banarasi.......... Colonel Ankhi_sena_mun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ek tha kitten. View Post
    What did we do? You Mursi its all your fault *&%$#@%^*, you had to be from the brotherhood Islamic party? because of you we will be in the spot all the time "which is kinda cool "

Its a hatred crime like any of its likes, i actually thought that only Muslims are the only blamed for the terror of 11 of sept but apparently they hate anything that looks like us!
    yes which is why lots of sikhs were killed in the 9/11 aftermath....... as they are by religion required to have beards........ and turbans........
    When writing my fate, was Chitragupta reading Agatha Christie?

Yeah, those people's only curse is that they look like us!
    You know, i got to know how Sikhs look in an American tv series when they grabbed a man in the airport and took off his turban after beating the hell outta him of course, and then they accused him of being a terrorist, he screamed in despair saying i am not Muslim i am Sikhi.
    This was an ouch moment for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ankhi_sena_mun View Post
    yes which is why lots of sikhs were killed in the 9/11 aftermath....... as they are by religion required to have beards........ and turbans........