Thread: Husband over protective after Delhi rape

Hybrid View

Unregistered

Default Husband over protective after Delhi rape

I am 35 yr old working women in a reputed company in delhi and my husband is 36, we are a happy family my husband loves me and our kids very much . The problem is since that case in delhi, my husband’s behavior is totally changed towards me and my 5 yr old daughter he has become over protective like I commute to my office by office cab and it takes me 2 hrs to reach home in evening he calls me atleast 10 times to check I am fine. I can not go alone even to the parlor which is near to our society he stands there outside the parlor even if it is taking time. I know he cares for us he is very emotional person he touches his mother’s and even our daughter’s feets before going to office. I have seen his wet eyes whenever he sees news about that girl. One more thing is bothering me that since that incident in delhi he has stopped physical intimacy. I asked him many time what is bothering you he says he is always afraid for us, he has become over emotional. Pls advise if we should consult any doctor for that.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Listen, that incident with Nirbhaya- the girl, has moved many of us. Specially sensitive and thinking people. Its been such a huge shame and has highlighted the state of women's safety so sharply that many people have become very frightened. Its all right, my dear. He will get over the physical intimacy part of it. As for the over protectiveness is concerned, once he is convinced that you are secure when you go out, it will be OK. This terrible incident has really impacted many people.

♥ fєmmє fαtαlє ♥ Major Sweet Mimi's Avatar

awwwwwwww what a hubby...... you are soooo lucky...

its his love...... probably he is extremely emotional type of person.... plz let him do that because he wont feel okk if he doesnt protect you all... he will insecure....

as these incedents will reduce and will poasss away with time he will forget... and get back to normal... in the mean time.. try to talk to him sweetly and reassures him that you all are fine nothing bad will happen... just to help his mind reduce that fear...

and as far as sex is concern.. yess i understand why he is like this because when one is extremely worried.... he wont feel like doing anything.. that shows the intensity of his worries..... so be understanding for the time being and talk to him if you need sex....
    I'm a shhh girl
    Loving me could be a crime

Give him some time.. the incident is not very old yet. Try to cheer him up. Hopefully he will be back as the same guy. You are lucky that you got such a nice man.

you're a lucky woman! sit down and talk to him! I mean alone!

love him and make him understand that he should worry so much! you know how to take care of yourself and yeah!go out somewhere for a vacation on a weekend! and start fresh.

Go out into a different atmosphere! sex will follow

Dont wory bout his being so protective and worried bout u obviously he cares n loves n he is taking care from his side to make u feel safe n secure......u r blessed tht u hv such a loving n caring husband .....
    Every time I hear your voice, I hear another reason to keep
    you forever -

New Born

Unhappy m feeling the same way... as this lucky couple....!!

Preeto maam,

m to be married soon in MAY, 2013, but this incident too has shaken me a lot . M too worried a lot about my fiancee , but when i tell her to be more secure she just laughs it off and repels back . It really hurts , how to tell her that i love her very much . and m extremely caring about her . And m moved by this incident .
    WE MEN can be tough from outside but inside we really are so frightened and so soft .
    m just too concerned about hr security . I know for now she is just my fiancee and is at her home . but u dont knw of the next moment. ..

Quote Originally Posted by Preeto Maam View Post
    Listen, that incident with Nirbhaya- the girl, has moved many of us. Specially sensitive and thinking people. Its been such a huge shame and has highlighted the state of women's safety so sharply that many people have become very frightened. Its all right, my dear. He will get over the physical intimacy part of it. As for the over protectiveness is concerned, once he is convinced that you are secure when you go out, it will be OK. This terrible incident has really impacted many people.

♡♥£☋¢Ǩ¥ ★☆★ ☾ћi¢Ҝ¥♥♡ Field Marshal sens's Avatar

hi!!!

Your husband is a very sensitive person. Do talk to him about how he feels. Tell him some good encouraging & positive words that everyone is not like those men etce tc... he sees to have become too weak as he has a wife & daughter , he might be totally shocked. he needs emotional support. hug him & let him cry out his emotions. [ i know exactly how he feels... when i would see bad out there .. i would come back home ... & call my mom hug her & cry.. ask her why its happening .. her comforting words which would be positive would console me... he neeeds a lot of consolation & emotional help.. dont deny him this else it would ruin his peace of mind.].. for sometime u can sacrifice physical intimacy.. as time pass... when he gets emotionally stable he will be fine.

& yes sometimes over protction seems annoying... but right now... let him do what gives him peace of mind... just enjoy the love he is showering .. & care.
    Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you and if you are alive they crave for your company.

SB Champion Lieutenant

Listen the incident that happened in Delhi has shaken all of us the *******s should be punished and I think at the moment he is feels horified and he does not want to let things go like this. He needs some time to get over this and I bet any men in Dehli will do that.

New Born

Default you are lucky

good,
    you are lucky,because your husband loves you and his family.i think no need to worry about on it,i don't think so he needs a doctor.as time will passed he will be ok.respect your husband feelings,and give your love to him,all the best.