Thread: Marriage worries due to hairfall condition

Unregistered

Default Marriage worries due to hairfall condition

I am a 25 years girl who was suffering from alopacia totalis(loosing hairs). Even though cured now, i am still under treatment as the doctor says if the treatment is stopped i might loose hairs again and it should be continued for 2-3 years for it to become stable. I am well settled earning girl and i look after all the treatment cost myself.

Now my parents are forcing me for marriage and i am getting good proposals as i am good looking. parents are worried as all the girls(friends) of my age are married. But i am scared that if the guy or his family gets to know about my problem they will reject me(which might hurt me) or if i loose hairs after marriage it might disturb my married life(The doctor who i visit had told me once that a guy is divorcing his wife after she lost hairs due to alopacia totalis which has disturbed me a lot). Now i am not in a situation to say yes or no to my parents. Now my question is -

1. Should i go ahead and see the proposals and get married?
    2. Should i discuss with the guy about my problem?
    3. If yes is the answer for first question, How to handle the situation if at all it iterates after the marriage?

Please help me i am very confused.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hmm.... OK, so the issue here is that you are under treatment for the hairfall condition and the concern is that it may reoccur. However, if you do have to take medication for another couple of years and it is helping you, then why the worry? Please don't feel insecure about your hair. The condition is being taken care of- if it does occur again, the medication can be re-started. And worse case situation, there are ways of getting hair transplants etc.
    You are independent and beautiful- don't worry. Just look for the right guy!

Banned Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am a 25 years girl who was suffering from alopacia totalis(loosing hairs). Even though cured now, i am still under treatment as the doctor says if the treatment is stopped i might loose hairs again and it should be continued for 2-3 years for it to become stable. I am well settled earning girl and i look after all the treatment cost myself.

Now my parents are forcing me for marriage and i am getting good proposals as i am good looking. parents are worried as all the girls(friends) of my age are married. But i am scared that if the guy or his family gets to know about my problem they will reject me(which might hurt me) or if i loose hairs after marriage it might disturb my married life(The doctor who i visit had told me once that a guy is divorcing his wife after she lost hairs due to alopacia totalis which has disturbed me a lot). Now i am not in a situation to say yes or no to my parents. Now my question is -

1. Should i go ahead and see the proposals and get married?
    2. Should i discuss with the guy about my problem?
    3. If yes is the answer for first question, How to handle the situation if at all it iterates after the marriage?

Please help me i am very confused.
    Treatment of alopecia is done by finasteride, if you are using that.. It cause male pattern distribution of hair, hot flushes, heavy sweating which are the prominent side effects of using the medication.

As there is no picture to analyze the extent of alopecia, presuming its acute and chronic, I'd suggest you go for a wig.

Start looking for matches and let the guys you talk to know that you might lose more hair in future and need a wig. If anyone leaves you, then he was not good for you.

Banned Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Preeto Maam View Post
    Hmm.... OK, so the issue here is that you are under treatment for the hairfall condition and the concern is that it may reoccur. However, if you do have to take medication for another couple of years and it is helping you, then why the worry? Please don't feel insecure about your hair. The condition is being taken care of- if it does occur again, the medication can be re-started. And worse case situation, there are ways of getting hair transplants etc.
    You are independent and beautiful- don't worry. Just look for the right guy!
    Hair transplant is too expensive and requires almost 1 year to get the final result and even the transplanted hair can fall again if the main reason behind falling hair is not treated properly.

Forget all crap hair treatment like Dr.Batras etc........ try some onion juice by massing them on your scalp. Onion contains sulphur which stimulates blood circulation thereby elliminating bald patches if any of them are present and use a mild shampoo like a herbal shampoo.Repeat the process weekly2-3 days.You can see the difference within two months.Make sure you use soft water to wash your hair.Onion helps in hair regrowth and elliminates unnecessary fungus on your scalp...Stress may be one of the major reasons....... try yoga and suryanamaskars since such excercises stimulate hair growth by circulating blood.
    Life is like a game of dice.........you never know what happens next.........

Hum Banarasi.......... Colonel Ankhi_sena_mun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by o00 View Post
    Start looking for matches and let the guys you talk to know that you might lose more hair in future and need a wig. If anyone leaves you, then he was not good for you.
    This is the best answer... and the only right thing to do....
    mods decision: any insult to female members will be ignored as the person doing this is somebody known to the mods
    I PROTEST

Firstly dont lose hope and your confidence dear.

As doc said, recurring is a chance. You might be stable in 2-3 years and the issue might not recur also. So, why to worry from now itself. As preeto mam suggested, even in case it recurs, you can resume taking medication.

You can let the prospective grooms know that you are currently going through such a problem and taking medication for the same.

Take courage and go ahead with the proposals!
    After winning an argument with his wife, what sd a husband do to maintain better relations?........................Say 'Sorry'!