Thread: Is there any future with the age gap?

New Born

Default Is there any future with the age gap?

Hey so okay i started dating this guy last June and then we stopped in early December because of the age difference (I'm 17, he's 21) . We recently started talking again and he said he doesn't care about the age anymore and I agreed so we've decided to give it another go.
    The thing is, it was really casual last time and I didn't have strong feelings for him but this time around i can feel myself starting to like him more and I don't know how to tell if he feels the same. He used to tell me he loved spending time with me and that he liked me a lot and even that he wanted to take me for dinner, but i was 16 then so we refrained from showing too much emotion...or at least that's the feeling i got! I didn't want to risk scaring him away by asking the 'where are we in the relationship?' question.
    This time we said we would wait a while before deciding whether we should be exclusive but the thing is he's never had a proper relationship and he does tend to be quite promiscuous when single so I really don't know if there's any hope at all. We've planned to meet up this weekend and I said I'd text him during the week but I'm afraid I'll seem too eager if I do.
    I need help on what to do! Should i stick it out and give it a chance or should i just stop now in case I end up getting hurt ?

You are thinking too much into this. The age gap is nothing. You two might be immature to understand the dynamics of relationships especially yours but thats another story.

He has given you enough hints, and you should express yourself honestly. Do not make life complicated.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Well, there doesn't seem to be much of an age gap and I don't think that's really the question, is it? You actually want to know if or not to text him- well, if you want to, sure, go ahead. You are both exploring a would- be relationship, are you not? However, no need to rush into things. you are very young yet. Take it easy- chill and enjoy the wait.

if you truly love someone age,height,weight and distance is just a damn number...be honest about how you feel..express it..

New Born

Well age gap is not big.....but just one thing...when there are so many doubts as you have...every 3rd line is full of doubt in your question.....then do not take a drastic step....the day you are 100% of some one you wont come here and ask a question sis...

you are very young to me....and i would say focus on life...enjoy it....you know if you stay single till age of 21...you will yourself be very happy in relationship you make after the age of 21 because this the age where you are learning about yourself so i would suggest enjoy single life with GOG.....and have lots of fun.......

Love is too complicated...you have to love a man all your life...then why teenage...enjoy freedom and mind you....you will live more happily.

and since you have asked the ques.....my ans is----With this guy...have a friendship n develop a bond withing limits and if you feel hes great n serious about you then take decisions accordingly

I am surprised that you are into these things at 16-17 years of age. I just wanna warn you that if you guys move forward, troubles are hard to avoid. Why can't you just wait for a couple of more years? Now that I have told you what I feel, I just want to ask you that why are you asking for suggestions from people? You are supposed to live your life per your own wish and style.

Banned Major General

Default Pyar kismatwalon ko milta

Gap aap dono ke beech nahi rehni chahiye...

Age aaj he kal nahi
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles123 View Post
    Hey so okay i started dating this guy last June and then we stopped in early December because of the age difference (I'm 17, he's 21) . We recently started talking again and he said he doesn't care about the age anymore and I agreed so we've decided to give it another go.
    The thing is, it was really casual last time and I didn't have strong feelings for him but this time around i can feel myself starting to like him more and I don't know how to tell if he feels the same. He used to tell me he loved spending time with me and that he liked me a lot and even that he wanted to take me for dinner, but i was 16 then so we refrained from showing too much emotion...or at least that's the feeling i got! I didn't want to risk scaring him away by asking the 'where are we in the relationship?' question.
    This time we said we would wait a while before deciding whether we should be exclusive but the thing is he's never had a proper relationship and he does tend to be quite promiscuous when single so I really don't know if there's any hope at all. We've planned to meet up this weekend and I said I'd text him during the week but I'm afraid I'll seem too eager if I do.
    I need help on what to do! Should i stick it out and give it a chance or should i just stop now in case I end up getting hurt ?