Thread: I've lost my toughness and confidence

Unregistered

Default I've lost my toughness and confidence

Hello Maam, I have been a regular visitor of Santabanta since a very long time now. I am 24 years old now, working as an IPS Officer in the Crime Branch. I had joined my Service in the IPS Cadre 2 years ago after completion of training. Cant reveal my identity for security reasons, I guess it wont make much of a difference though. Coming to the point:
    From past few months, I have completely lost my self-confidence for unknown reasons. I was a very energetic personality and have won 4 medals in my service of two years. In spite of being an ACP in Crime Branch, i have always taken the initiative of field work even though I always had my junior full fledged staff for action work. I have saved a couple of girls from active rape scenes, been a part of actions squads in live weapon firings. I had also encountered a terrorist fully loaded with hazardous weapons. All point is, I was energetic, Brave and courageous. But now, from past few months, I am not even able to concentrate properly. I even get scared with a cracker. I mean, not that scared, but my eyes get shut even for a small sound. I don't know why, but i tend to blink my eyes even for smallest sounds or any thing like that. Even if some one is pulling something, i shut my eyes or my face gets tensed as if i am scared that thing will go into my eyes. It happens even though i know it cant enter my eyes. I dont have confidence at all in any thing. I cant catch a simple ball coming towards me. Even if some one throws a soft toy towards me, I react in the same way and thing is that i cannot even judge properly where the thing will land. The reasons are unknown to me and the problem is affecting me seriously. I am even not able to express my problem properly here, but I hope that respected Maam and all my friends here get it. Even if i try to hit someone, the force is so slow that a couple of criminals few days back in interrogation room we making fun of me! Embarrassing Situation! The hitting force goes slow because I am unable to place my hand properly in perfect swing and motion.
    Please help me out. I am loosing it day by day. Any help from any one will be really appreciated and i shall be grateful.

Thanks in anticipation.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi! Well, yes, this is something that you will have to address- i can surely understand your concern and worry. Look, it seems like a psychological thing. the loss of confidence- and judgement- maybe because of some sort of burnout and may need some more serious and professional strategies than can be provided here. I would suggest that you consult a counsellor about this. Nothing to fear, my dear- but it is something that needs to be addressed soon.

hahaha I seriously doubt this query I guess this is fake one... Preeto mam u didnot posted my query...

Lovelif3, don't take panga with Police, if he is not fake, he can get you tracked and arrest you in a fake case
    Jokes apart.. Mr. ACP, there must be some reason. You said, the reason is unknown to you. A trained professional counselor can help you figuring out the reason by asking some questions to you about your recent past etc. Seek professional help and I hope you will be back to your prime after the treatment/therapy.

haha He can trace me but can't arrest me. I am not in India :P

Quote Originally Posted by o00 View Post
    Lovelif3, don't take panga with Police, if he is not fake, he can get you tracked and arrest you in a fake case
    Jokes apart.. Mr. ACP, there must be some reason. You said, the reason is unknown to you. A trained professional counselor can help you figuring out the reason by asking some questions to you about your recent past etc. Seek professional help and I hope you will be back to your prime after the treatment/therapy.

radiant light ! Captain ariesgirl's Avatar

you need to consult a psychologist..we can't help you much in this case..you need professional help..don't loose hope..you will get back to form soon..god bless you..

New Born

Banda 24 years ka.
    2 Saal pehle service join ki. That means 22. To ye bhaisahab 22 ki age mein IPS pass ho chuke the.

Agar ye sahi hai, to aapko koti koti pranam!

Aur agar nahi hai to.. I can't believe.. my childhood favourite TV show is back again
    "Mungerilal ke haseen sapne!"

Apologies for not replying to the query and instead doubting the credentials!

ANyway if you are having problem with it? see some terrorist videos beheading some innocent people youre blood will boil for sure,it did for me!
    anyway see how Paki militants are attacking on IA from LOC,you're blood will boil

see the rape cases,you're blood will boil!
    there are many ways! you gotta choose one
    still not impressed?

See Gangajal! that gotta boil you're blood for sure!

else see the torture manual you have and discuss it with you're seniors you will get to know! this anger will last till 45+ so enjoy now and kick some criminals asses

New Born

Hey Dear !! you are young for this but still if this is the case ... try to find out that reason ..think abt it and till thn try to make urself strong in front of other and if such thought comes in ur mind while dealing with criminals thn at that time think abt the stuff that the cause behind you choose this duty and how you felt good while helping those girls and getting those medals....just concentrate on wht were ur dreams while you joined this job and ur passion behind that .... hope this would help you !!!

New Born

So you crack IAS in first attempt right out of college (I see a huge IQ spike right there), win 4 medals within first 2 years of service. And face live scenes by the dozen, and claim to be having confidence issues, and coming on to a self help website asking for help and that too anonymously. I strongly believe none of this is true as a) a person of high intelligence, you would have gone to a professional directly. b) Figured out that the issues are serious and you need medical examination yourself. Gone to the nearest medical center and requested anonymity there and got a medical opinion. c) Having already had a reputation in office, as people do talk a lot esp abt superiors and your torture ordeal would have been talk of the town by now, there is no need for anonymity.

Given such amazingly clear facts, you are clearly not a request for help, but rather a guy right now reading this and telling himself, sala maza aagaya kya ch****** kaata he sabka.

And well, going by the nature of this forum, if you are actually genuine, read the 3 bullet points above without any of the stuff before it, and that would make an acceptable scenario you are already in and measures to face them in an honest manner.