Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pistorius accidentally kills girlfriend

teekhi jammu chilli Major General arumita's Avatar

Default Pistorius accidentally kills girlfriend

JOHANNESBURG:Double amputee and Paralympic gold medallistOscar Pistorius has reportedly shot and killed his girlfriend after thinking she was a burglar.

According the Die Beeld website, the tragic incident took place at about 04:00 (South Africa time) today, at Pistorius' home in Silver Lakes, Pretoria.

Captain Sarah Mcira of the police confirmed that Pistorius's girlfriend was shot in the arm and the head. She died at the scene.

A police spokeswoman told Reuters that a woman had been found dead at the house but declined to give any more details.

The 26-year-old Pistorius, dubbed the 'Blade Runner', is being questioned by South African police over the incident.

Pistorius was born with fibular hemimelia (congenital absence of the fibula) in both legs; his legs were amputated halfway between his knees and ankles when he was 11 months old.

Pistorius became the first double leg amputee to participate in the Olympics when he entered the men's 400 metres race and was part of South Africa's 4×400 metres relay team at the 2012 London Games.

He also took part in the 2012 Summer Paralympics, where he entered the men's 100 metres, 200 metres and 400 metres races in the T44 classification, and in the T42–T46 4×100 metres relay. He won gold medals in the men's 400 metre race in a Paralympic record time of 46.68 seconds and in the 4×100 metres relay in a world record time of 41.78 seconds. He also took a silver in the 200 metres race, having set a world record of 21.30 seconds in the semifinal.

South Africa has some of the world's highest rates of violent crime and some home-owners carry weapons to defend themselves against intruders.
    My love, the spark that ignited the day we met
    remains an eternal flame.

Hum Banarasi.......... Colonel Ankhi_sena_mun's Avatar

Shaam-e-Avadh is very tiring

Machinehead Lieutenant General ignoramusenator's Avatar

this is very shocking

Make My Day

DESTINY STILL ARRIVES! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

why would he shoot even a burglar without warning ????....what an idiot..
    I Hope They Remember You...

Bullet Raja Major General Gudu Gudu Returns's Avatar

What an accident, its Valentine's Day today !
    आपका अपना,
    Gudu Gudu ರಿಟರ್ನ್ಸ್

what a bad v-day for them

Machinehead Lieutenant General ignoramusenator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adirocksit View Post
    why would he shoot even a burglar without warning ????....what an idiot..
    man he have no legs, probably he wasnt wearing his blades, and wen he heard noise he shot for self defense. its hard to believe in the case for a normal able man, bt for a disabled i think the news might be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gudu Gudu Returns View Post
    What an accident, its Valentine's Day today !
    Quote Originally Posted by arumita View Post
    what a bad v-day for them
    This is the model shot dead at Oscar Pistorius's home.
    It is thought she may have arrived to visit her boyfriend as a Valentine's surprise but was mistaken for a burglar.
    Tragic news, RIP

From Mirror uk

Make My Day

DESTINY STILL ARRIVES! Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ignoramusenator View Post
    man he have no legs, probably he wasnt wearing his blades, and wen he heard noise he shot for self defense. its hard to believe in the case for a normal able man, bt for a disabled i think the news might be right.

This is the model shot dead at Oscar Pistorius's home.
    It is thought she may have arrived to visit her boyfriend as a Valentine's surprise but was mistaken for a burglar.
    Tragic news, RIP

From Mirror uk
    oh he is that guy......i didnt know.....still....he could have asked who is it......
    I Hope They Remember You...

♥ek haseena thi♥ Field Marshal basanti<<<'s Avatar

Thank you bala

15:35100 mourners, flower-draped coffin for Reeva: Reeva Steenkamp, who had been going out with Pistorius since late last year, will be laid to rest in a private ceremony at a Port Elizabeth crematorium with an on-site chapel that holds less than 100 mourners. Reeva's cloth-draped coffin bearing white flowers was carried into the chapel by six people.

It arrived in a black hearse. A few mourners have arrived for the ceremony. "The memorial itself inside the chapel is family and friends and then there will be a statement afterwards for the media," her uncle Michael Steenkamp told AFP. The family bore the runner no grudge but wanted clarity about Steenkamp's death.

"The family haven't got that animosity or hatred or anything like that but questions, and we realise that it's going to come out," he said.

Sharon Steenkamp, her cousin, told local newspaper The Herald that none of the family at Steenkamp's parents home had met Pistorius. "No, we are not even thinking about Oscar. All our focus is on Reeva, her life and what has happened to her. She never had an enemy in the world and was a super person," she said.

Default Pistorius shot girlfriend through door : Prosecutor

Pistorius shot girlfriend through door : Prosecutor

"Blade Runner" Oscar Pistorius put on his artificial legs and walked across his bedroom before firing four handgun rounds into the locked bathroom door, killing his cowering girlfriend in cold blood, prosecutors said on Tuesday.

Reeva Steenkamp, a law graduate and model, died after being hit by three rounds, prosecutor Gerrie Nel said.

Pistorius wept uncontrollably in court as Nel outlined details of the shooting in the early hours of Thursday.

Steenkamp's funeral is to be held later on Tuesday.
    Defence lawyer Barry Roux disputed the murder charge, saying the facts surrounding the shooting were unclear.

"All we really know is she locked herself behind the toilet door and she was shot," he told the packed Pretoria courtroom.

However, Nel, his counterpart at the bail hearing, painted a picture of premeditated killing -- a crime that carries a life sentence in South Africa.

"If I arm myself, walk a distance and murder a person, that is premeditated," he said. "The door is closed. There is no doubt. I walk seven metres and I kill.
    "

"The motive is 'I want to kill'. That's it," he added.

The arrest last week of the 26-year-old Olympic and Paralympic sprinter stunned millions across the world who held him up as a hero for triumphing over adversity to compete with able-bodied athletes at the highest level of sport.

Initial reports suggesting Pistorius may have mistaken her for an intruder -- a version Pistorius told his sister immediately after the shooting, Nel said.

'Pistorius had legs on when he shot Reeva': At the Pistorius trial, the prosecution debating that the accused was in fact wearing his prosthetic legs when he shot Reeva through the bathroom door.

"The angle of the bullets was downwards "from a normal stance" - indicating that Pistorius was standing at a normal height. He says the bullets went through the top part of the toilet door. He says he found the gun next to the shower door. The cricket bat was found in front of the first washbasin, he says. There was a lady's vanity case next to the tub.There was no other way out of the toilet room, other than its door, he says." -- The Guardian.

The Lone Ranger Lieutenant General rishabhd's Avatar

Default Botha replaced as investigating officer; Pistorius' bail hearing adjourned until Fri

Once the hearing process was closed, National Police Commissioner Riah Phiyega said that they have decided to replace Hilton Botha as the investigating officer with a lieutenant general, the "most senior detective" in the South African police service. A shocking revelation was made before the proceedings started on Day 3, that said the investigating officer was himself facing a charge of attempted murder.

The mystery remains unsolved. Barry Roux who dismantled the claims presented by investigating officer Hilton Botha on Day 2 began the proceedings by asking the magistrate that Pistorius shouldn’t be charged with premeditated murder as the evidence doesn’t show that it was premeditated.

But the prosecution said that even on his own version of events, Pistorius intentionally killed the burglar as he fired four times, that too without a warning, which means he fired with the intent to kill someone. Nel debated over another point saying that two cell phones, one of Pistorius and the other of Reeva were found on the mat, next to the shower which means they were having an argument there in the bathroom.

The magistrate Desmond Nair on the other hand said that there was a possibility that Pistorius might try to influence the witnesses in case if he is left on bail. He also asked Roux whether he thought denying bail to the Paalympian start would lead to outrage in the community to which Roux replied that there was a possibility.
    Wo Acha Hay Tou Behtar, Bura Hay Tou Bhi Qabool
    Mizaaj-E-Ishq Mein Aib-O-Hunar Dekhe Nahi Jatay...!!!