Thread: (Ex)Girlfriend Problem

New Born

Default (Ex)Girlfriend Problem

Been in a relationship with this girl for about 2 years and recently she told me that she wanted to break up with me. The reason being, I didn't make her feel super special or happy as per her claims. Prior to break up, everything was good apart from a couple of heated up conversations(very rare actually) wherein I got irritated at her. In her words, we had this awesome chemistry(both physical and mental), perfect for each other and everything was so ****ing good barring the distance between us(long distance relationship). We were so close and attached as much as we couldn't pass a single day without talking to each other. Even the day before the break up she called me up and said she loves me so much and stuff, and the very next day when I called her, BAM!, she broke the ice.

All of a sudden she has become this cold heart-ed girl and started talking to me rudely in order to not let me convince her to get back. Tried calling her up, but she wouldn't answer my calls. Wrote her a letter saying sorry but she was like "very nicely written but it's over". For now, I have decided not to bombard her with calls, texts and come up like a desperate and needy guy. I'm puzzled because she used to love me way more than I used to. It's like I have lost all of my charm and confused on how to make my next move. Any ideas on how to make her convince and get her back?

P.S. Move on is not an answer I'm looking for, because it's never an option in the first place.

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Well, my dear- this is an AA column, where you will get only the answers that work- or seem to- and I'm afraid, I'm not a kind godmother who can wave a wand and make things OK- much as I would like to be.
    So, your idea of not bombarding her with messages and calls is sensible- and maybe you can get her to talk sooner or later to find out what the scene is exactly. Seems to me that she's not OK with the long distance relationship and wants it to be more 'NOW'. Under the circumstances, its better that you hear her truth, deal with it- rather than she pretends with you now- and later- POW!

Moving on isn't an answer, so what will you do? Force her to get back to you while she does not want to?

Would you like to be with someone who does not love you back just because you want them with you?

I doubt your love.

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Been in a relationship with this girl for about 2 years and recently she told me that she wanted to break up with me. The reason being, I didn't make her feel super special or happy as per her claims. Prior to break up, everything was good apart from a couple of heated up conversations(very rare actually) wherein I got irritated at her. In her words, we had this awesome chemistry(both physical and mental), perfect for each other and everything was so ****ing good barring the distance between us(long distance relationship). We were so close and attached as much as we couldn't pass a single day without talking to each other. Even the day before the break up she called me up and said she loves me so much and stuff, and the very next day when I called her, BAM!, she broke the ice.

All of a sudden she has become this cold heart-ed girl and started talking to me rudely in order to not let me convince her to get back. Tried calling her up, but she wouldn't answer my calls. Wrote her a letter saying sorry but she was like "very nicely written but it's over". For now, I have decided not to bombard her with calls, texts and come up like a desperate and needy guy. I'm puzzled because she used to love me way more than I used to. It's like I have lost all of my charm and confused on how to make my next move. Any ideas on how to make her convince and get her back?

P.S. Move on is not an answer I'm looking for, because it's never an option in the first place.

This wasn't love. Maybe for you it was, but for sure it wasn't love for her. She was confused all this time and now she is trying to be realistic.

“If you ever want something badly, let it go. If it comes back to you, then it’s yours forever. If it doesn’t, then it was never yours to begin with.”

Apply the above quote on your situation and be patient. Whatever happens, happens for good. You will learn a lesson which will help you for the rest of your life.

GO SPURS GO! Brigadier General galaxy_resident's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post

Maybe she has someone else in her life or she just wants to remain single for now. Your decision to restrain yourself is good and sensible. What happened with you is a good example why long distance relationships has such low rate of success, you can never be sure what the person does or thinks and what impact it can have on your relationship. If you dont want to move on, will you be stuck up on her forever? If you think we have some switch which we can turn on and she will be yours, then you have come to the wrong place!
    Fight your Fears and you will be in Battle Forever
    Control your Fears and you will be Free Forever

♡♥☋Ǩ ★☆★ ☾ћiҜ♥♡ Field Marshal sens's Avatar

Hiii!!!!

People make choices .... & why they make only they know.... seems liek your ex gf has made her choice. & she is firm with it.... & in life NOT giving up is a very good trait... but it doesnt work all times... there are times when we want so many things to happen our way.... BUT NO!!! we HAVE to accept what happens in life ... we have to be mature.... & we have to decide whats good for us.. & not stay adamant about whats impossible....

your only choice is ask your ex to seriously give a valid reason & act amture.. this kind of just ignoring u will not help... she seems o take the break up casually & has not cared to give u reason which has left u restless....

anyways trust me.,,, knowing reason will not help u ... but still... for ur satisfaction.. u can ask...

move on is the only option u have... no mtter whether u like it or not... no matter what u say, that u are not going to give up... but right now u are helpless.... we are all like that sometimes... we cant change someone else's mind.. we cant make things happen the way we want.. all we can do is choose to be happy.
    all the best.
    Live amongst people in such a manner that if you die they weep over you and if you are alive they crave for your company.

New Born

You have answered yourself .... "IF THERE IS NO WAY OUT ... MOVE IN"