Thread: In a Relationship with Cousin

New Born

Default In a Relationship with Cousin

Hello Ma'am: I am a 24 year guy, and I am in a relationship with my cousin(Maternal father's daughter). Its been 4 years and we both really love each other. We also know that in this (Hindu)society marriage is not possible. Till now we have not indulge in any type of physical relationship and in future also we will not do. I really love her very much. But I am worried about our future but we are not able to end up our relationship. we have tried so many times that we should not talk each other but we could not resist for doing the same. Kindly suggest Ma'am what should I do ???

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi! You do know that in the Hindu society, a relationship with a first cousin is considered incest, so its not at all likely, as you already know, that it will be approved by your parents. Under the circumstances, its best that you both be sensible about this and taper off the relationship, before you both get more involved or the family discovers it- it will only cause more pain at a later stage.

have to take a bold step...good luck

Young Gun

Your maternal father's daughter would either be your mother or her sister (your aunt). If it is your maternal uncle's (mother's brother) daughter, then there is a possibility of getting hitched. The Gene pool consolidation and similarity is more if you are children of both male or female siblings. Children of Brothers and Sisters do get married even in Hindu families. Although considered as a consanguineous marriage, it is practiced.

Logical Guru is the internationally renowned, right thinking moral source of good advice on all topics related to Sex, Spirituality and unconventional relationships.

SB MahaGuru Colonel

problem . . . . .

Section 5 of the Hindu Marriage Act bans, among other things, marriage between a brother and sister, uncle and niece, aunt and nephew, or children of brother and sister or of two brothers or of two sisters. The marriage is void, unless the custom of the community permits it.

As per your question of what to do... Surely, you can do better than your cousin.

Young Gun

So, as per the Hindu Marriage Act, Lord Krishna (an incarnation of God) committed Incest with his aunt Radha.

Logical Guru is the internationally renowned, right thinking moral source of good advice on all topics related to Sex, Spirituality and unconventional relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Logical_Guru View Post
    So, as per the Hindu Marriage Act, Lord Krishna (an incarnation of God) committed Incest with his aunt Radha.

According to Bhagavata Purana and based on scriptural details and using astrological calculations the date of Krishna's birth, known as Janmashtami, is 18 July 3228 BCE. The Hindu Marriage Act was established by the Indian Parliament in 1955 as part of the Hindu Code Bills. Krishna was extremely lucky to get away with it.

But, finally! A reason to explain to my friends my unsatable urge to drown myself whenever I see my aunt!
    Last edited by RoleModel007; 19-02-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Young Gun

You are not the only one. Technically, my father's cousin is my aunt. She is 3 years elder to me and I cherish those memories of spending time at their place during vacations. The best and worst part is that the entire family knows (including herself and her husband) about how we feel about each other. We speak to each other for hours, sometimes late at night and share very "honest" SMS messages. Krishna and Radha's love is explained as being "divine", MAybe, we should take solace in that.

Quote Originally Posted by RoleModel007 View Post
    According to Bhagavata Purana and based on scriptural details and using astrological calculations the date of Krishna's birth, known as Janmashtami, is 18 July 3228 BCE. The Hindu Marriage Act was established by the Indian Parliament in 1955 as part of the Hindu Code Bills. Krishna was extremely lucky to get away with it.

But, finally! A reason to explain to my friends my unsatable urge to drown myself whenever I see my aunt!

Banned Major General

Pyar kiya toh darna kya?

New Born

bhen se pyar krega toh malum kya kehlayega !!

New Born

Humans and religious fanatics set rules not to marry cousins. She aint born out of your mothers womb or fathers blood. If you love each other and want to be together go for it. Hell with the world with rules.
    But yes there might be some complications during pregnancy, mind it...