Thread: phone is safe??? think again

Hum Banarasi.......... Colonel Ankhi_sena_mun's Avatar

Unhappy phone is safe??? think again

so all our numbers with mobile banking etc is available at 3k rs...... with names and addresses!!!!
    mods decision: any insult to female members will be ignored as the person doing this is somebody known to the mods
    I PROTEST

Age of Ultron Brigadier General adirocksit's Avatar

Its probably a fake AD......by the way you are indirectly advertising it too
    There are no strings on me!!

Banned Major General

Yes. The ad may be a fake one.

But mobile phone means danger.

Where went, how long went, how many minutes you spoke, when you moved from one area to another, who called you, who texted you, how long was your mobile phone switched off, all that with a click of a button.

Address the telephoney comp would have, but its treated as confidential unless there is a court order or request via RTI about your address. There is zero privacy when you have a mobile phone!
    Last edited by Gudu Gudu Returns; 28-02-2013 at 04:41 PM.

..Yaar Patialavi.. Lieutenant-Colonel a_decent_1's Avatar

The Advertising is not Fake. It is over priced though. !
    I used to work with a Bulk Sms Provider and we used to buy the mobile number database at around Rs.1500.
    The Company provides all registered mobile numbers of all series, but not the personal details or address.

There is a database of every City, Town and State.

G'day
    Miss you Dadaji

Quote Originally Posted by a_decent_1 View Post
    The Advertising is not Fake. It is over priced though. !
    I used to work with a Bulk Sms Provider and we used to buy the mobile number database at around Rs.1500.
    The Company provides all registered mobile numbers of all series, but not the personal details or address.

There is a database of every City, Town and State.

G'day
    Ok So its like a Phone Directory ??

Quote Originally Posted by adirocksit View Post
    Ok So its like a Phone Directory ??
    A directory has name and address.
    In these database, only mobile numbers of a particular area are mentioned. All mobile companies sell these lists to Database providers for a huge pile of money. Why else do you think you get a Mobile number for as low as Rs. 10 with a talktime of Rs. 50 + other benefits..?
    Miss you Dadaji

A directory has name and address.
    In these database, only mobile numbers of a particular area are mentioned. All mobile companies sell these lists to Database providers for a huge pile of money. Why else do you think you get a Mobile number for as low as Rs. 10 with a talktime of Rs. 50 + other benefits..?
    Right ...That makes sense.....

Quote Originally Posted by adirocksit View Post
    Right ...That makes sense.....
    This Database is further purchased by advertising companies to promote their products.
    The promotional Phone/Sms you receive on your Mobile is through these database companies. How else would Woodland know which state/City/Area you're from.

It works like this..

Woodland buys a Bulk Sms Pack of 5 Lakh sms and asks the Bulk Sms Provider to shoot these Sms in South Delhi Area. The Bulk Sms Provider buys database of South Delhi from the Database provider. The Database provider keeps himself updated by constantly buying updated database from all Mobile Service providers. :-)
    Last edited by a_decent_1; 28-02-2013 at 06:24 PM.
    Miss you Dadaji

but I have DND numbers... does that mean mine will not be given?
    mods decision: any insult to female members will be ignored as the person doing this is somebody known to the mods
    I PROTEST

Banned Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Ankhi_sena_mun View Post
    Those also will be given.

But as the service provider has agreed not to disturb you.. You won't get calls of advertising from the provider.

But you may still get a stray call here n there! As I get sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Ankhi_sena_mun View Post
    You mobile number would be recorded in the database, even if you are registered with DND.

There are two routes in term of SMS : Normal Route and Priority route.

In normal route, sms are sent but not delivered to DND numbers.If you are registered with NDNC (DND) you would not receive such messages even if they are sent to you. Normal route is used by marketing companies and advertising companies to advertise their products. All advertising/marketing companies are adviced to use Normal route sms packs so that the messages are not delivered to DND numbers.

In Priority route, sms are sent and delivered to DND numbers.Even if you are registered with NDNC (DND) you would receive the sms sent through priority routes. Priority route is used by Stock brokers, info companies etc. Priority Route is used by companies who have the prior permission from the mobile subscriber to send them sms.

If you receive an advertising message from a company even when you're registered with NDNC, you can report it to NDNC department and can receive a compensation of upto Rs. 25,000 by the offending company.

Regarding marketing calls, telemarketing companies are advised to verify if a number is registered with NDNC (DND) before making the call. This can be done by simply logging on to the website of NDNC and keying in the mobile number. All telemarketing companies should have a number starting from 140. If you are registered with DND but receive a call from a telemarketing company from 140 number or a personal number, you can claim a compensation of Rs.25000 from the offender.

G'day
    Miss you Dadaji

You mobile number would be recorded in the database, even if you are registered with DND.

There are two routes in term of SMS : Normal Route and Priority route.

In normal route, sms are sent but not delivered to DND numbers.If you are registered with NDNC (DND) you would not receive such messages even if they are sent to you. Normal route is used by marketing companies and advertising companies to advertise their products. All advertising/marketing companies are adviced to use Normal route sms packs so that the messages are not delivered to DND numbers.

In Priority route, sms are sent and delivered to DND numbers.Even if you are registered with NDNC (DND) you would receive the sms sent through priority routes. Priority route is used by Stock brokers, info companies etc. Priority Route is used by companies who have the prior permission from the mobile subscriber to send them sms.

If you receive an advertising message from a company even when you're registered with NDNC, you can report it to NDNC department and can receive a compensation of upto Rs. 25,000 by the offending company.

Regarding marketing calls, telemarketing companies are advised to verify if a number is registered with NDNC (DND) before making the call. This can be done by simply logging on to the website of NDNC and keying in the mobile number. All telemarketing companies should have a number starting from 140. If you are registered with DND but receive a call from a telemarketing company from 140 number or a personal number, you can claim a compensation of Rs.25000 from the offender.

G'day
    I have even received phone calls and sms from these people.....25k waali baat pata nahi thi...... next time dhyan rakhoongi.....
    I PROTEST