Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saudi Arabia to behead seven men today:

teekhi jammu chilli Major General arumita's Avatar

Default Saudi Arabia to behead seven men today:

Saudi Arabia is scheduled to execute seven men on Tuesday for crimes committed when they were juveniles aged under 18, the British-based rights group Amnesty International said.

The seven were sentenced to death in 2009 for an armed robbery in 2006, but Amnesty quoted the men as saying they were tortured into confessions. It said King Abdullah ratified their sentences in February.

"They have since said they were severely beaten, denied food and water, deprived of sleep, forced to remain standing for 24 hours and then forced to sign 'confessions'," said Amnesty.

A spokesman for the kingdom's Interior Ministry was not immediately able to comment on the report, but has repeatedly said in the past that Saudi Arabia does not practise torture.

The kingdom, which follows a strict version of sharia, or Islamic law, has been criticised in the West for its high number of executions, inconsistencies in the application of the law, and its use of public beheading to carry out death sentences.

The last time the kingdom executed so many people at once was in October 2011, when eight Bangladeshi men were put to death for an armed robbery in which a guard was killed.
    My love, the spark that ignited the day we met
    remains an eternal flame.

♥ek haseena thi♥ Field Marshal basanti<<<'s Avatar

itne executio ke baad bhi crime band nahi hota....
    Thank you bala

~ cavalier ~ ♀ ☣ )o( ⌆ Lieutenant-Colonel Lisbonstar28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by basanti<<< View Post
    itne executio ke baad bhi crime band nahi hota....
    Shows that execution does not deter crime but rather desensitises a society into acting out animal-like revenge. And they call this Gods law.
    So may it be

punishment aisa ho ki agla person woh crime karna ka khyaal sapno mein bhi na laye...par ye saudi waale kuch zyada hi excessive ho gaye hain....har crime ki sazaa maut nahi honi chahiye!!

DISMAY

The seven are from the southern province of Asir, one of the least developed in the kingdom, the world's top oil exporter.

Saudi Arabia has executed 17 people so far this year, said Amnesty, compared to 82 in 2011 and a similar number last year.

Capital crimes resulting in the death sentence last year included murder, armed robbery, drug smuggling, sorcery and witchcraft.

In January, United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon expressed dismay at the beheading of a Sri Lankan maid convicted of murdering a baby.

The U.N. Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights said in a 2006 report that it was "deeply alarmed" at the imposition of capital punishment by Saudi judges for crimes committed before the age of 18.

In an interview carried by the Saudi Gazette last week, King Abdullah's son Prince Miteb said the monarch "does not like to see anybody in this situation (of being condemned to death)".

However, Miteb added that Abdullah views sharia as being "above everybody" and holds judges in high esteem.

In recent years the king, who turns 90 this year, has pushed for reform of Saudi Arabia's judiciary to make sentencing more standardised and improve training for judges, changes that have been fiercely contested by some conservative clerics.

He has also encouraged the families of murder victims to accept blood money instead of insisting on execution.
    Thank you bala

Kar diya execute sabko ?????
    "I'm always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught"

i dont understand that,,making ppl God fearing..claiming to be themselves God loving..

Quote Originally Posted by Lisbonstar28 View Post
    Shows that execution does not deter crime but rather desensitises a society into acting out animal-like revenge. And they call this Gods law.
    Thank you bala

Quote Originally Posted by gracefulguy View Post
    Kar diya execute sabko ?????
    pata nahi, ker hi denge ....
    Thank you bala

What the hell did the poor men do now?

Saudi never stops the nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by basanti<<< View Post
    i dont understand that,,making ppl God fearing..claiming to be themselves God loving..
    Its all about fear. Show me a religion that does not use fright tactics... all install fear to some degree. Fear is their weapon that keeps religion numbers thriving.

How diabolical.
    So may it be

Dr. Shehzad Lieutenant General X-MAN-S.A's Avatar

Sweeeeeeeeeeet !!
    If you think anything will affect "Hindu Terrorism and Rapism", you are fooling yourself, Kill them or get ready for your women to be Raped !!

Quote Originally Posted by X-MAN-S.A View Post
    Sweeeeeeeeeeet !!

Surprising to hear a med student announcing someones death as sweet. Just like yourself i too was once a med pharmaceutical student for 5 years before qualifying, but with a difference, i never once allowed personal belief ethics to clash with medical ethics. Medical ethics, longitivtiy of life at all costs mattered a lot more always, it's how we were taught . It's not sweet when a mother cries because of her sons wrong doing and fate, it's not sweet that the whole family of the accused has to endure the sorrow of death. Punishment of such is punishment to more than just one person.
    So may it be

Quote Originally Posted by Lisbonstar28 View Post

Surprising to hear a med student announcing someones death as sweet. Just like yourself i too was once a med pharmaceutical student for 5 years before qualifying, but with a difference, i never once allowed personal belief ethics to clash with medical ethics. Medical ethics, longitivtiy of life at all costs mattered a lot more always, it's how we were taught . It's not sweet when a mother cries because of her sons wrong doing and fate, it's not sweet that the whole family of the accused has to endure the sorrow of death. Punishment of such is punishment to more than just one person.

New Born

Gang rape in a moving bus in delhi and the whole india wanted the rapists' to be hanged and now saudi arabia wants to behead some people for the reasons not mentioned in the posts and all the most intelligent people starts calling names and criticizing religion and saudi...wah re india... Ye congress ya bjp ki galti nahi, khud india ke log aise hai...nai nai ye santa banta community aisi hai...dont want to change...
    N chk the fact sheet abt hw many people are killed by other countries, even china and US r not behind...
    Grow up guys...
    Even salman said aap karo to raas leela n hum karo to character dheela...

HALLA BOL Field Marshal amitsush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mighyd View Post
    Gang rape in a moving bus in delhi and the whole india wanted the rapists' to be hanged and now saudi arabia wants to behead some people for the reasons not mentioned in the posts and all the most intelligent people starts calling names and criticizing religion and saudi...wah re india... Ye congress ya bjp ki galti nahi, khud india ke log aise hai...nai nai ye santa banta community aisi hai...dont want to change...
    N chk the fact sheet abt hw many people are killed by other countries, even china and US r not behind...
    Grow up guys...
    Even salman said aap karo to raas leela n hum karo to character dheela...
    then hang them if they done some crime, ye stoneage ke time jaise behead karna kaunsa tareeka hai, no one is stoping them to punish the culprits

india mein bhi faansi ki demand kar rahe the sab rapists ke liye, koi nahin bola mundi kaat kar faink do
    I WILL LOOK FOR U
    I WILL FIND U AND
    I WILL BAN U