Thread: Popularity of item songs shows their acceptance: Anushka Sharma

___ Sa'aB™ ___ Field Marshal DesiCasanova's Avatar

Default Popularity of item songs shows their acceptance: Anushka Sharma

Popularity of item songs shows their acceptance: Anushka Sharma

New Delhi: Actress Anushka Sharma believes that Bollywood item songs should not be blamed for depicting vulgarity on screen as such songs are part of entertainment.

"I do not consider myself a feminist and I do not believe that by doing female-oriented films and depicting women fighting the system, we can change the system. Or by omitting item song we can change mindsets," Anushka said at the India Today conclave here.

The 24-year-old actress, who made her debut with 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi' opposite Shah Rukh Khan, and starred in hits like 'Band Baaja Baaraat' and 'Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola', says such songs are played out at every family function and wedding in the country, indicating their acceptance.

"I haven't done item songs out of choice as they have not appealed me creatively. I consider them a part of entertainment. What I have a problem with is when a song is not done well.

"These item songs garner maximum viewership and are played at every family function so why should an actor or film industry should be subjected to such hypocrisy. Popularity of item song is testimony to its acceptance. So If you are accepting it, take responsibility for your choices," said Anushka.

The actress is famous for playing relatable characters like a wedding planner, a TV reporter and a Haryanavi girl onscreen and Anushka says she likes playing real characters.

"I do not choose characters because I think 'wow that woman is so strong'. I chose these characters with utmost conviction becuase I think they were realistic enough to exist and I really liked the scripts," she said.

╰დ╮LovEPOWER ╭დ╯

╰დ╮LovEPOWER ╭დ╯

A study conducted by Kwaab, India's first Online Social Cataloguing Portal, has revealed that the 'Band Baja Baraat' lady - Anushka Sharma, was the most liked and wanted celebrity online in the months of December and January.

From Being Human to Being Buzziest, Salman Khan knows how to do it all. He has been constantly in news and most liked male celebrity online for the respective months. 'Dabangg 2' managed to put Salman Khan back on the pedestal as the most popular actor. The study was based on half a million-catalogued images among 50000+ users.

Whether it's the persistent magic of 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' or his consistent presence in the B-world news, Amitabh Bachchan, the evergreen idol and inspiration to Indians, is never too far behind in the race.

With the highlights of 'Chennai Express' persistently in the news, Deepika Padukone seems to be tailing, not too far behind, as she appears as the second favorite female actor. Recently married, the 'Fevicol Se' lady, Kareena Kapoor, is adamant to never be the old news, as she appears as the third most liked actress by the users.

Bollywood is always open to new faces, if not stories. The recently introduced face from the Bhatt camp has managed to allure quite a few hearts, as Alia Bhatt managed to rise in the list of top 4 actresses netizens seem to like.
    ╰დ╮LovEPOWER ╭დ╯

Poor Emraan Hashmi may have been dubbed the “serial kisser”, but many tend to overlook the fact that Aamir Khan has had some fairly sizzling liplocks on the silver screen.

Be it in Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, Raja Hindustani or even 3 Idiots, The buzz in B’town is that his next, Peekay with Anushka Sharma, will have the longest kissing scene Aamir’s enacted. And Anushka is gung ho about her bold act.

“The script demanded the kissing scene. When a film involves Aamir, no scene will be forced. It has to look aesthetically pleasing. The Peekay team is deliberately not making a brouhaha over the kissing scene,” said a source from the film. Our source also let slip that director Raju Hirani thought it would be tough to convince Anushka to do the intimate scene. But the source said, “Anushka is aware of the set up she is working in. She is confident of being shown in the best light.”
    ╰დ╮LovEPOWER ╭დ╯