Page 11 of 266 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Complaint/Suggestion Box

Machinehead Lieutenant General ignoramusenator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gracefulguy View Post
    You need to think with a cool mind now Iggy.......................what has history got to do with some irresponsible politician making a provocative speech ??????

Wht undercover had posted IS a part of history............and even if u block the thread........it will still remain in history books......

Guy peirce shud also understadn something here. If he supports a muslim leader who makes a provocative speech against people of India........people with whom he lives with.........he will definately be alienated.......not only by hindus......but by a strong faction of muslims as well.

But.........opposing something which is already present in the history syllbus.........and then comparing it with silly political issues is nowhere justified.

You have accused me of spreading hatred today.........let me remind you.........i was the ONLY person to apologise when RAJPAL had posted some pics from pakistan mob......which I wrongly read and understood.........

I can say you are doing a good job.........but not a fair one !!!!
    no man, am not accusing you, i knw you very well, i considered always you as neutral guy. always.
    bt wen you question i have my doubts, the way i speak, am sorry dont mean to offend you anyways.

Make My Day

SB ICON Major General

You need to think with a cool mind now Iggy.......................what has history got to do with some irresponsible politician making a provocative speech ??????

Wht undercover had posted IS a part of history............and even if u block the thread........it will still remain in history books......

Guy peirce shud also understadn something here. If he supports a muslim leader who makes a provocative speech against people of India........people with whom he lives with.........he will definately be alienated.......not only by hindus......but by a strong faction of muslims as well.

But.........opposing something which is already present in the history syllbus.........and then comparing it with silly political issues is nowhere justified.

You have accused me of spreading hatred today.........let me remind you.........i was the ONLY person to apologise when RAJPAL had posted some pics from pakistan mob......which I wrongly read and understood.........

I can say you are doing a good job.........but not a fair one !!!!
    politician making a provocative speech has already been discussed in present time, but what why to dig history to spread hatred ?
    thread has been posted and its closed who ever wants to read they can read it.

Quote Originally Posted by funky_sam View Post
    politician making a provocative speech has already been discussed in present time, but what why to dig history to spread hatred ?
    thread has been posted and its closed who ever wants to read they can read it.

Sammy I normally do not discuss politics / religion with u as you are a very good frnd of mine..........(u can cross chk with barbie.....:-))

But , if guy pierce had taken a genuine effort in participating in discussion.........i tell you......there will be much more harmony around the forum.........
    "I'm always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught"

Quote Originally Posted by ignoramusenator View Post
    no man, am not accusing you, i knw you very well, i considered always you as neutral guy. always.
    bt wen you question i have my doubts, the way i speak, am sorry dont mean to offend you anyways.

Its ok buddy...........thanks for ur kind words.......:-))
    "I'm always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught"

SB ICON Major General

Sammy I normally do not discuss politics / religion with u as you are a very good frnd of mine..........(u can cross chk with barbie.....:-))

But , if guy pierce had taken a genuine effort in participating in discussion.........i tell you......there will be much more harmony around the forum.........
    yaar, me and you know intentions of undercover thread, its just to create fights among muslim and hindu members

just leave it and we have lot of things to enjoy on sbf ( u can cross chk with barbie ji , she will agree with me )

SB Guru Major

When we share some info from any other site (which we always do), is there any copy-right violation issue involved? because I read one article, at the end it, there was copyright warning - no part of this website may be reproduced in any form. No picture or text may be duplicated or copied without express written permission of the editor.

we had faced some feedback related to copyrights in the past.
    admin reply regarding this is as given below.

Quote Originally Posted by avdhesh
    Yes, that has to be handled by me as I will be approached directly for these kind of requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger69 View Post
    When we share some info from any other site (which we always do), is there any copy-right violation issue involved? because I read one article, at the end it, there was copyright warning - no part of this website may be reproduced in any form. No picture or text may be duplicated or copied without express written permission of the editor.

Make My Day

SB Guru Major

we had faced some feedback related to copyrights in the past.
    admin reply regarding this is as given below.
    That's quite obvious. These issues will be handled by Admin.

Does that mean that members are free to share any info without worrying or caring for copyright violation issue, even there is express warning on particular site?

thats a tough questions to answer , you know wat i mean
    That's quite obvious. These issues will be handled by Admin.

Does that mean that members are free to share any info without worrying or caring for copyright violation issue, even there is express warning on particular site?

Make My Day

SB Guru Major

thats a tough questions to answer , you know wat i mean
    I use to reply - That's a very good question; in this type of situation.
    Koi baat nahi, Admin ji se puchh ke bata dena.

!! PostMaster !! Field Marshal passion_unlimitedd's Avatar

I use to reply - That's a very good question; in this type of situation.
    Koi baat nahi, Admin ji se puchh ke bata dena.

If the material is interesting enough you should share it here.
    We can read until the original copyright holder takes notice and complain to Admin.
    If it doesn't get noticed then ... you know what I mean

Once my thread was removed by Admin citing
    reason as copyright issues. It was a pictorial thread.
    Play To Win or Don't Play At All
    Always Expect The Unexpected

SB Guru Major

Quote Originally Posted by passion_unlimitedd View Post
    If the material is interesting enough you should share it here.
    We can read until the original copyright holder takes notice and complain to Admin.
    If it doesn't get noticed then ... you know what I mean

Once my thread was removed by Admin citing
    reason as copyright issues. It was a pictorial thread.
    I know what you people means.....pakada gaya to chor.....
    I will post that material. Jab hoying tab dekhing.

..Yaar Patialavi.. Colonel a_decent_1's Avatar

I had a chat with Avi on this a few years ago. He does not seem to worry about it too much, which I do not understand..

I remember I was a part of the ESPNSTAR forums and we have to face a big problem due to the Copyright issue.
    Almost "ALL" forums have made it compulsory to give a link to the original post at the end of the thread. That way, you cannot be held guilty as you are only sharing the info and not presenting it as your own.

I do not understand whats the fuss with giving a Source at the end. It only helps the discussions. We would not have to reply each time asking for the source.

G'day
    My Personality depends on who I am.My Attitude depends on who you are.
    a_decent_1™ ©®

SB Guru Major

Quote Originally Posted by a_decent_1 View Post

I had a chat with Avi on this a few years ago. He does not seem to worry about it too much, which I do not understand..

I remember I was a part of the ESPNSTAR forums and we have to face a big problem due to the Copyright issue.
    Almost "ALL" forums have made it compulsory to give a link to the original post at the end of the thread. That way, you cannot be held guilty as you are only sharing the info and not presenting it as your own.

I do not understand whats the fuss with giving a Source at the end. It only helps the discussions. We would not have to reply each time asking for the source.

G'day
    I agree with first part. But, even if you give source of any video or photo, it will not relieve you from copyright violations. The same may not be applicable for published News or Article meant to be views by public, if you give the source.
    I read standard following policy in one other forum -

As you are aware, we have always advocated against sharing of copyrighted images / videos on (fourm).... However, earlier we used to tolerate posting of suspected copyrighted stuff until we received a complaint. In other words, if we did not receive a complaint, we did not take action.

Over the years, .(forum)........ has grown and unfortunately, posting of copyrighted videos has grown equally. Recently, the number of complaints has grown quite a bit and thus we are forced to change this policy.

Starting today, we are actively removing all images / videos which are from known / reputed / identifiable brands / studios as we do not want to violate their copyright and invite complaints. This means many of you will lose posts/threads. Sorry, but we will not entertain discussion on this.

In the next post I will give you a list of websites / brands from whom we have received complaints in the recent past. This list is indicative, not exhaustive. It is intended to convey the idea that no branded videos are henceforth allowed.

Perhaps SBF may not getting such complaints, because posting Videos are very low compared to other material.
    So, unless Admin feels it appropriate to give notice to us, lets continue what we are doing.........

..Yaar Patialavi.. Colonel a_decent_1's Avatar

Giving a Source can get you away.
    The term Discussion Forums give you space to breathe. You can easily qualify the material as one to be discussed. Giving a Source goes a long way. It is not difficult to advocate that the Material was posted ONLY to give rise to a debate and hence, a source was provided to the original post.

In case of Photos and Videos, I am not sure if you can copy them at all.
    My Personality depends on who I am.My Attitude depends on who you are.
    a_decent_1™ ©®