Thread: Height issue in marriage

Sad Soul

Unhappy Height issue in marriage

My parents want me to marry a guy. My problem is that he is shorter in height than me. I am 5ft 6 inches tall. He is probably 5ft and 5 inches and lean. I am not very conscious about appearance but husband being shorter than the wife is something that is very difficult to accept. I won`t mind marrying a fat and bald guy but marrying a guy who is shorter in height is very difficult to accept. All other things about that guy are perfect. I am 26 years old, holding a degree in business management and doing a job. I can understand that it is something that is superficial but still I am unable to convince myself. I did tell my parents that appearance wise I am just concerned about one thing and that is height. I don`t want my husband to be shorter in height than me. It is really uncomfortable both physically and psychologically.My father is an inch shorter than my mother. My father is lean and my mother is healthy and it looks a bit strange and I have always been conscious about their height difference. Due to extreme pressure my mind has now become numb. I have never taken major decisions of my life on my own and now I am feeling that if I won`t listen to them something bad might happen with me in the future.My parents and specially my mother is pressurizing me for the past four months and i am trying hard to convince them that it would be very difficult for me to accept this height thing and it won`t be fair with him too because he is a nice guy and he can get any good girl.It seems as if I won`t be able to stand the pressure but I also won`t be satisfied and what is i regret in in future.Need suggestions!!

Be bold, and tell your parents that you can't marry him. That is your final decision, and thats all. They will need to pass this message to him and his family. He definately will accept it and you both can find other good partners. Dont be under pressure else you will regret throughout the rest of your life.

You have the right to chose superficially. We all want certain things out of a wedding or a relationship and most of them are superficial and selfish in some ways.
    Try talking to the guy and explain him your feelings. If he is mature enough he will help you out by explaining it to your parents. If not then your parents cannot force you to marry that guy. You will have to take a strong stand.

♥ fєmmє fαtαlє ♥ Major Sweet Mimi's Avatar

if you are so unhappy with this then please dont marry just because others want you to!!! its a marriage thing, you have all right to choose your life partner... its chosen only once in life... so do it with happiness!
    I'm a shhh girl
    Loving me could be a crime

you can go directly to the boys house and tell his parents....if youre mother is not willing to convey your message to them...

:: The Zenith :: Lieutenant-Colonel

Heel shoes would help for him.

For you, dont wear heels.

New Born

looks = health and/or genes

Nothing superficial or bad, going after looks.. a person with a healthy habits , healthy thoughts will obviously look masculine and attractive. And height also signifies good genes.. So nothing to feel bad about insisting on height .. Do you think any guy would want you if you look defective ?

But if you are unable to take on your parents, there is nothing anyone here can do for you.. You two are almost the same height, so you should be able to rationalize with the thought that he is atleast as tall as you

And if i am invited for the wedding, i know what the best wedding gift would be : a pair of men's high-heeled shoes !

Moderator Lieutenant General Preeto Maam's Avatar

Hi! I think you`ve got pretty good advice here- if you can`t deal with his height, then you will just have to muster up the gumption to tell your folks. No point in going ahead with something that you are totally against, is there?

New Born

Lightbulb

remember that your parents are one who only care for you than you their love is more than yourself.and the decision of their you become what you are now !! and your height are come in the child also genetically that not a big issue , if the guy personality and emotion are lovable to you and parents height doesn't matter at all.
    even he know that , and that why he care and love you like a best and superb achievement of his life.
    thank you