Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iconic Heroes Of Bollywood !!!!!

Mr. Imperfect! Field Marshal sheikh's Avatar

Default Iconic Heroes Of Bollywood !!!!!

Prithviraj Kapoor was one of the pioneers of Indian cinema, the founder of India's first film family and the man who saw the vision of a flourishing theatre industry, that would give opportunity to local and regional talent (long before the era of talent hunt shows).

Prithviraj invested in and founded Prithvi Theater, a travelling troupe which staged memorable productions across India. In over 16 years of existence, the theater staged some 2,662 shows. Prithviraj starred as the lead actor in every single show.[

This great actor, and visionary and grand daddy of Bollywood is remembered for his powerful performance in films like Sikandar-e-Azam, Mughal E Azam and Kal aaj aur Kal.

He is the first Indian actor who appears on Government of India's postage stamp.

Wherever You Are I'll Find You..Cause You're The One I Turn To
    Wherever You Be I'll Be With You..Cause You're The One My Heart Is Yo..I need you..

Bharat Bhushan (1920-1992) was an Indian Bollywood actor, scriptwriter and producer, who is best known for his role as Baiju Bawra in the film of the same name. He performed the role of mythological and historical characters best and is famous for movies like Dooj Ka Chand, Basant Bahar, Chitralekha and Barsat ki raat, Anand Math and Mirza Ghalib.

Wherever You Be I'll Be With You..Cause You're The One My Heart Is Yo..I need you..

An iconic actor of Indian cinema, Ashok Kumar has played several lead and character roles during his long career spanning over six decades. He is remembered for his landmark roles in Achhut Kanya, Parineeta, Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi, Chitralekha, Aashirwad, Aashirwad, Khoobsurat , Mr. India and Sangram.

Known as 'the showman' , Raj Kapoor's performance in Awaara was ranked as one of the top ten greatest performances of all time by Time magazine. His films were commercial successes that attracted worldwide audiences, particularly in Asia and Europe. Barsaat, Aah, Awaara, Shree 420, Chori Chori Teesri Kasam, Sangam, Mera naam Joker were among his popular films.

Dev Anand was one of the most handsome heroes of Bollywood who made the girls go weak in the knees by his seductive dialogue delivery, naughty eyes and fun filled gait. He remained on Bollywood's horizon for over sixty years and gave a long string of very successful films. He is remembered the most for his flicks: Jeet, Shair, Do Sitare, Baazi, Nau Do Gyarah, Pocketmaar, Kala Pani, Bombai Ka Baboo and Sharabi, Jaal, Teen Deviyan and Guide.

His superb dialogue delivery made him the master of cathartic drama. Known as the Tragedy King, or the ultimate method actor, Dilip Kumar illustrated his long career by playing an array of varied roles that won him several awards and accolades. The best among his films include: Milan, Jugnu, Shaheed, Mela, Babul, Arzoo, Daag, Aan, Shikast, Footpath, Insaniyat, Devdas, Azaad, Naya Daur, Vidhaata, Vidhaata and Saudagar.

Kishore Kumar was one of the leading actors of Bollywood and also a great playback singer who lend his voice to numerous melodious songs. He acted on that fine line that separated a hero with a comedian, and he did it quite well. His films were complete fun and no wonder, were very successful. New Delhi, Aasha, Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi, Half Ticket, and Padosan. Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi were among his popular flicks.

Dharmendra was the 'He Man' or 'action king of Bollywood' who pioneered sporting good physique, a deviation for the conventional 'unfit' heroes of his time. His top movies are: Soorat Aur Seerat , Bandini, Anpadh, Pooja Ke Phool, Ayee Milan Ki Bela, Phool Aur Paththar Sholey, The Burning Train, Watan Ke Rakhwale, Aag Hi Aag etc.

Manoj Kumar, the leader of patriotic cinema who made and acted in several nationalistic films and won the title of Mr Bharat, made his mark through his musical hits like: Hariyali Aur Rasta, Piya Milan Ki Aas, Grahasti, Apne huye paraye, Shaheed, Himalaya Ki God Mein, Gumnaam, Dus Numbri, Kranti, Upkar and Roti Kapda Aur Makaan. He also acted in some thrillers like: Anita, Woh Kaun Thi?,Neel kamal, Gumnam etc.

The poster boy of Bollywood whose pink lips and chocolaty looks made women swoon, Shashi Kapoor was a leading actor who in his long career of over four decades gave several hits. He is remembered for many successful Hindi films like Jab Jab Phool Khile, Kanyadaan, Pyar Ka Mausam, Ek Shriman Ek Shrimati , Haseena Maan Jayegi, Sharmeelee, Aa Gale Lag Jaa, Fakira, Phaansi, Chor Machaye Shor, Mukti, Satyam Shivam Sundaram, Heeralal Pannalal, Junoon, Swayamvar etc.

Amitabh Bachchan is that superstar of Bollywood who is as sexy, hit and wanted now, as he was 30 years ago. Words fail to enumerate his success saga as he is too big a star to be categorized in any list. His almost every film is a hit. His smashing hits, though he continues to give them even now, include- Lawaaris, Naseeb, Silsila, Pukar, Dostana, Don, Shaan, Zanzeer, Kabhi Kabhi, Abhimaan, Coolie, Hum, Khuda Gawah, Sooryavansham, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham, Baghban, Cheeni Kum, Paa, to name a few.

Who would have imagined that this plain looking, man of medium build and receding hairline would become one of the greatest stars of both North and South Indian film industry and whose unbelievable stunts that initially inspired scorn, are now looked upon as the most entertaining part of his movies. Seventy plus and still playing the role of young lover boy,Rajinikanth is supreme!From Hema Malini in Seeta Aur Geeta to Aishwarya Rai in Robot, he has wooed almost all the leading ladies of Bollywood, His other successful Hindi films include: Chalbaaz, Krantikari, Tyagi, Hum,Farishte, Khoon Ka Karz, Shivaji etc.

'The Jumping Jack' of Hindi cinema, who made pointed white shoes paired with white pants, a raging fashion and whose middle parting and wavy hairstyle became the style of an entire generation, Jitendra was the hero of 'the family'. His popular films include Justice Chaudhry, Mawaali, Himmatwala, Jaani Dushman, and Tohfa.

The classic style icon of the early seventies whose mannerisms and dialogues were aped by the entire nation, Rajesh Khanna, the superstar in real sense, worked in 63 films of which 106 had him as the solo lead hero and 22 were two hero projects. His top films include Anand, Kudrat Avatar etc.

The man who taught 'disco' dance to India, Mithun Chakravarty, took the eighties by storm. His top films include: Mrigaya, Disco dancer, Dance dance, Pyar Jhukta Nahin, Swarg se sundar, Agneepath, Jallad, Guru etc.