Thread: Angelina Jolie loses both her breasts

Banned Colonel

Angry Angelina Jolie loses both her breasts

Angelina Jolie loses both her breasts

In a move that has shocked the world, Angelina Jolie revealed in a New York Times op-ed piece, that she has had a double mastectomy, losing both her breasts. Ange reportedly made this move, to prevent her ever getting breast cancer, the very disease that killed her mother. Her medical procedures including mastectomies and reconstructions finished on April 27. Angelina states her reason for doing this, as wanting to be there for her children in the future and for them to have their mother around for a long time

Banned Colonel

Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie has undergone a double mastectomy to reduce her chances of getting breast cancer.

The 37-year-old mother of six has explained her reasons for having the surgery in the New York Times.

She said her doctors estimated she had an 87% risk of breast cancer and a 50% risk of ovarian cancer. 'I decided to be proactive and to minimise the risk as much I could,' she wrote.

She said the process began in February and was completed by the end of April.

In an article entitled My Medical Choice, Ms Jolie explained that her mother fought cancer for nearly a decade and died at the age of 56.

She said she had sought to reassure her children that the same illness would not take her away from them, 'but the truth is I carry a 'faulty' gene, BRCA1, which sharply increases my risk of developing breast cancer and ovarian cancer'.

She said that once she 'knew that this was my reality', she had taken the decision to undergo the nine weeks of complex surgery required for a double mastectomy.

Her chances of developing breast cancer have now dropped from 87% to under 5%, she said.

She praised her partner, Brad Pitt, for his love and support throughout the procedure, and said she was reassured that her children had found nothing in the results that makes them uncomfortable.

I feel empowered that I made a strong choice that in no way diminishes my femininity, she said.

'For any woman reading this, I hope it helps you to know you have options' Ms Jolie went on to say.

'I want to encourage every woman, especially if you have a family history of breast or ovarian cancer, to seek out the information and medical experts who can help you through this aspect of your life, and to make your own informed choices.'

The award-winning actress and director is also a long-time supporter of humanitarian causes. She is currently a UN special envoy.

Bullet Raja Major General Gudu Gudu Returns's Avatar

There's a friend of mine.

Who drinks.

He out of fear that he will have diabetes in old age got removed all his teeth at age 30.

These oversmart people from Hollywood thought Indian way "NA RAHEGA BAAS NA BAJEGI BAASURI"

But chances of ocurrance are stll there as the gene is already present.

So that makes two pits for Brad Pitt and for fans have to buy old DVDs of the movie The Original Sin, no doubt Banderas was lucky
    Last edited by Gudu Gudu Returns; 14-05-2013 at 06:59 PM.

:: The Zenith :: Lieutenant-Colonel

Bechaara Bradd Pitt

New Born

Add some angelina jolie recent news, hope this helpfull.

SB Champion Captain

That was a brave decision